Author Topic: a short Casey Viator interview on youtube from the early 70's  (Read 8134 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
a short Casey Viator interview on youtube from the early 70's
« on: October 20, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: a short Casey Viator interview on youtube from the early 70's
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »

He was strong as fuck won Mr America at 19. I worked out there on the same machines he did he was gone then but it was strange knowing he had been on the same machines and stuff. Deland Florida.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
He was strong as fuck won Mr America at 19. I worked out there on the same machines he did he was gone then but it was strange knowing he had been on the same machines and stuff. Deland Florida.

how big do you think he is there?

it's from 74/75 i think

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
how big do you think he is there?

it's from 74/75 i think
Maybe 225 lbs its difficult to call. He is not that tall so you got to figure it in.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »
He forgot to give credit to CIBA d-bol. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »
lol dead silence when he told the interviewer he only trains an hour a week  ::) :D
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:57 AM »
V appears to be much bigger in this clip

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »
hes quite small there imo,something like my size

i'd say that he's about 205 there, and in that pullover clip i'd put him at about 225

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
He was a full time employee of Nautilus when this film was made. Go figure he uses only Nautilus and thinks it's the best.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
He was a full time employee of Nautilus when this film was made. Go figure he uses only Nautilus and thinks it's the best.

not exactly, AJ was still having them do full barbell squats at that time, and they also did dips and chins on a regular basis

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
not exactly, AJ was still having them do full barbell squats at that time, and they also did dips and chins on a regular basis

I was being sarcastic. I know the routine that has seen print on his routine for the AAU Mr. America included chins and dips. Were the chins and dips on Arthur Jones multi machine for chins and dips? I know about the squatting part. The point I was making is that during the Mr. America and the Colorado experiment there has always been talk that he did a lot more than what was  put out by the Nautilus company.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
Squats, Dips and Chins are the core of muscle growth, Nautilus had a quote multi machine where you did Dips and Chins with weight attached if needed. Squats of any type is the master exercise.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »
Squats, Dips and Chins are the core of muscle growth, Nautilus had a quote multi machine where you did Dips and Chins with weight attached if needed. Squats of any type is the master exercise.

yep, the Big 3 FTW

but what about calf raises :D :D :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
yep, the Big 3 FTW

I don't know if you realize it but the Nautilus multi machine you could do weighted dips, chins and calf raises. A few other exercises could be done on that one unit like wrist curls too.

I was there during the Nautilus craze. I was also around when one by one all the Nautilus gyms started closing down. My impression of Nautilus machines is that many were fantastic. I used both the plate loaded early pullover and the one with the weight stack. That is an incredible machine. I was never a big fan of his son's Hammer machines but some are really good. His MedX machines were so smooth. I could see doing the standard 12 Nautilus exercise machines and throwing in some deadlifts or squats could be a fantastic workout.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
yep, the Big 3 FTW

Damn if you dont have calves ie genes all you can do is improve, I had a friend that like 19 inch calves never done a calf raise in his life. Mine I had to bust them up you "got you got" all I can say say if you got good calf genes the squats will hit them if not you got do work them.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
how much and what you eat will put more strength on you than going to the gym at all

take a prepetual dieter have him on the best workout for a year and hell never gain cause hes always dieting

take a man that took a whole year to bulk up fatter then put him in the gym, he'll gain more strength than the dieter in 2 month of training
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
I don't know if you realize it but the Nautilus multi machine you could do weighted dips, chins and calf raises. A few other exercises could be done on that one unit like wrist curls too.

I was there during the Nautilus craze. I was also around when one by one all the Nautilus gyms started closing down. My impression of Nautilus machines is that many were fantastic. I used both the plate loaded early pullover and the one with the weight stack. That is an incredible machine. I was never a big fan of his son's Hammer machines but some are really good. His MedX machines were so smooth. I could see doing the standard 12 Nautilus exercise machines and throwing in some deadlifts or squats could be a fantastic workout.

AJ's circuit training style makes one fit as fuck, dude was a genius

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
In 95'-96' I saw him standing out on Las Vegas Blvd, directly in front of Ceasars Palace. It was mid June. He was wearing a leather Gold's Gym jacket, a terrible toupee and sweating like Nazi at Neremberg.  I said, "What's up Casey?" He just shook his head violently "No!!"  I just kept walking. 
a

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 04:40:39 PM »
actually those nautilus machines arent so bad, they kinda force you to use proper form, which is still better than swinging fee weights uncontrolled rep for rep
the pullover is great machine,leg curl as well doubles as a front calf/shin extension if used right..

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
Anton Chigurh looking young and jacked

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »
He forgot to give credit to CIBA d-bol. 

Most don't remember.. I saw Casey at the 1970 Mr. America in Culver City where at 18 years of age- he took third.. IMO all things considered beyond compare and without exception- he was the most phenomenol bodybuilder of all time..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 05:17:48 AM »
Most don't remember.. I saw Casey at the 1970 Mr. America in Culver City where at 18 years of age- he took third.. IMO all things considered beyond compare and without exception- he was the most phenomenol bodybuilder of all time..

I always felt he looked great as a teen, but later didn't really stand out, like he peaked early and fizzled out..?

Maybe those that knew him, can elaborate, did he lose drive/focus ?

Don't get me wrong, he still looked great early 80s, but IMO, unfulfilled potential

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:56 AM »
At the 81 Olympia he was at his best. Maybe I got the year wrong it was the one Chris Dickerson won. The funny thing is that Casey used volume and a lot of it to get into his best ever condition.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
I always felt he looked great as a teen, but later didn't really stand out, like he peaked early and fizzled out..?

Maybe those that knew him, can elaborate, did he lose drive/focus ?

Don't get me wrong, he still looked great early 80s, but IMO, unfulfilled potential
like gaspari 19-25 looked great and done,till mid 90's short comback.