Author Topic: Stephen King book "11/22/1963" - If JFK had lived  (Read 545 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Stephen King book "11/22/1963" - If JFK had lived
« on: October 20, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Pretty cool book.  I bought it on the ipad last night and actually stayed up most of the night reading.  very engrossing.  If you're into the JFK stuff (I never really have been that interested), you'll probably LOVE it.

The guy is introduced to a hole that lets him slip back into 1958.  He has to live for 5 years in the past, using gambling to live, then he follows Oswald thru his arrival in America, etc - all the way to the assasination - which is stopped.

I won't spoil it by going into the alternate history the book provides, but it is very very interesting. 

Can anyone recommend any other good 'alternate history' books?  I'm really liking this genre.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Stephen King book "11/22/1963" - If JFK had lived
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:42 AM »
I'm about half way through this book. Good read.
P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »
Pretty cool book.  I bought it on the ipad last night and actually stayed up most of the night reading.  very engrossing.  If you're into the JFK stuff (I never really have been that interested), you'll probably LOVE it.

The guy is introduced to a hole that lets him slip back into 1958.  He has to live for 5 years in the past, using gambling to live, then he follows Oswald thru his arrival in America, etc - all the way to the assasination - which is stopped.

I won't spoil it by going into the alternate history the book provides, but it is very very interesting.  

Can anyone recommend any other good 'alternate history' books?  I'm really liking this genre.
wow, this is a huge departure for King.  Sounds like a good read in general.  Unfortunately I don't think I would have fun with it, I've spent too many years serious about it.  I doubt I would enjoy fiction on it at this point.  As lame as it may be, I just still see the real side on this.

Pretty lame to say too soon? lol......

maybe, but it is for me.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 06:59:51 AM »
wow, this is a huge departure for King.  Sounds like a good read in general.  Unfortunately I don't think I would have fun with it, I've spent too many years serious about it.  I doubt I would enjoy fiction on it at this point.  As lame as it may be, I just still see the real side on this.

Pretty lame to say too soon? lol......

maybe, but it is for me.

I may have to pick this up.

As a history nerd myself I would be interested to hear your thoughts and such on the topic of if JFK had lived.