Author Topic: The 100 Fittest Men of All Time  (Read 7134 times)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The 100 Fittest Men of All Time
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
I have a lot of respect for what Richard Simmons has done.  Lots of people do workout videos featuring athletic people doing routines of varying difficulty.  Simmons did videos featuring morbidly obese people doing routines designed to get them started on the road to becoming healthy.  He may be a complete homo and totally out there whackadoodle...but I'm willing to bet he's extended a lot of lives by getting unhealthy people moving.

Well done!!!

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
are you saying strongman competitors are not fit?

pretty sure that someone like kaz in peak strongman form is far fitter than Richard Simmons.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
pretty sure that someone like kaz in peak strongman form is far fitter than Richard Simmons.

Really?

That's why that Jesse Marunde dude at the age of 27 right?

He placed 2nd in the WSM 2 years before he died.

You can't possibly believe what you are saying.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
The problem is we all have a completely fucked idea of "fit".

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
Really?

That's why that Jesse Marunde dude at the age of 27 right?

He placed 2nd in the WSM 2 years before he died.

You can't possibly believe what you are saying.

there's a reason I said "peak Kaz" b/c I knew you'd come rolling out with something like this... thought you'd go with Jon Pall S

Yeah, peak Kaz would pwn Richard Simmons

also, i've seen your pic... so you'll excuse me if I don't give your opinions on general fitness credence (possible you're fit, but you looked like a recreational lifter who doesnt do anything else fitness-wise).

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 08:43:44 PM »
there's a reason I said "peak Kaz" b/c I knew you'd come rolling out with something like this... thought you'd go with Jon Pall S

Yeah, peak Kaz would pwn Richard Simmons

also, i've seen your pic... so you'll excuse me if I don't give your opinions on general fitness credence (possible you're fit, but you looked like a recreational lifter who doesnt do anything else fitness-wise).

You think Peak Kaz can run a mile faster than Richard Simmons? Or do endurance activities for a longer duration? (Kaz was almost 350 pounds when he was competing... There is nothing "fit" about a person who weight 350 pounds.

Even TODAY, Richard Simmons being almost 70 probably owns Kaz... So yeah... You keep on thinking that.

You're quite possibly delusional.

What does what I look like have anything remotely to do with this list or who is on it?

Answer: Nothing.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »
You think Peak Kaz can run a mile faster than Richard Simmons? Or do endurance activities for a longer duration? (Kaz was almost 350 pounds when he was competing... There is nothing "fit" about a person who weight 350 pounds.

Even TODAY, Richard Simmons being almost 70 probably owns Kaz... So yeah... You keep on thinking that.

You're quite possibly delusional.

What does what I look like have anything remotely to do with this list or who is on it?

Answer: Nothing.

answer: based on what you look like, you've never tried the shit kaz did... and your mile time sucks... so you know nothing about either thing, which results in bs like the post above.  sure, simmons might be a minute/minute and a half faster on the mile than peak Kaz (doubt it, i'm going to guess Kaz at 320 was still good for an 8:30-9:00 mile) ... what do you think happens when they have to lift or throw something? 

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
I have a lot of respect for what Richard Simmons has done.  Lots of people do workout videos featuring athletic people doing routines of varying difficulty.  Simmons did videos featuring morbidly obese people doing routines designed to get them started on the road to becoming healthy.  He may be a complete homo and totally out there whackadoodle...but I'm willing to bet he's extended a lot of lives by getting unhealthy people moving.

Well done!!!

Well said. He hit a niche no one else had...and one that desperately needed a fit lifestyle more than most.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
answer: based on what you look like, you've never tried the shit kaz did... and your mile time sucks... so you know nothing about either thing, which results in bs like the post above.  sure, simmons might be a minute/minute and a half faster on the mile than peak Kaz (doubt it, i'm going to guess Kaz at 320 was still good for an 8:30-9:00 mile) ... what do you think happens when they have to lift or throw something? 

Their blood pressure  goes through the roof and they put huge strain on their hearts.

BUT

They are also already carrying around that mass constantly... therefore they are not fit.

My best mile time was just under 6 minutes, but of course that was almost 20 years ago... The last time I timed myself with a mile was somewhere around 9 or 10 years ago and that was around 7 minutes.

Of course I don't run these days... I'll admit I wasn't much of a runner in the first place. Just wasn't my thing.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
To really be fit, you cannot just be strong.

You need to be above average in every area, running, climbing, swimming, cycling, lifting etc

Strength, Speed, Stamina, not just Strength

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
So the 100 "fittest" men of "all time" happen to be mostly metrosexual celebrities.
By contemporary standards (I won't go into how we could classify historical figures) most Special Operators should be on the list but then who would care about the list if it didn't have Pitt or Simmons..
Another BS list but this is Men's Health after all..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
So the 100 "fittest" men of "all time" happen to be mostly metrosexual celebrities.
By contemporary standards (I won't go into how we could classify historical figures) most Special Operators should be on the list but then who would care about the list if it didn't have Pitt or Simmons..
Another BS list but this is Men's Health after all..

I do see where you are going here and you make a lot of sense.

Where's the CIA ground ops... the SEALS... the SAS?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
Can we all agree that Bruce Lee needs to be number 1 on that list? I will then contact Men's Health and let them know their patriotism (putting Phelps first) is not wanted by the home of fitness, Getbig.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 09:51:49 PM »
It's about being fit... not how someone "looks".

It's for nothing to do with Simmons' looks and whether he has abs or not irrelevant. I simply do not believe he is for by any reasonable definition of the term.

Richard Simmons has been doing fitness shit since before Jordan was born... The dude is fit... He just isn't some model.

Sure, he's been doing it for a long time and kudos to him for making a good living and helping others improve their lives. But that doesn't make him "fit".

Perhaps he is in good physical condition - I wouldn't know - but I don't see any evidence that he is. To be fair, the evidence that he isn't isn't there either.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
We've probably never heard the name of the fittest man of all time. I'd definitely put Olympic Athletes and Special Operators at the top of the list though.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 10:42:28 PM »
Losers, all of you! You're all totally ignoring the one man on that list that stands out........Mr T! One fit looking mufucka.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »
Losers, all of you! You're all totally ignoring the one man on that list that stands out........Mr T! One fit looking mufucka.

And Chuck Norris!

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 10:47:30 PM »
I think Chuck actually is/was exceptionally fit but Mr T??????  I'll tell you who is missing from that list and that is Geoff Hunt the world squash champion from the early eighties, he was widely recognised as the fittest man alive at the time.  Fitter than Mr fucking T anyway!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
Chuck teaching Lou how to lift

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
I think Chuck actually is/was exceptionally fit but Mr T??????  I'll tell you who is missing from that list and that is Geoff Hunt the world squash champion from the early eighties, he was widely recognised as the fittest man alive at the time.  Fitter than Mr fucking T anyway!

wikipedia disagrees with you, guy who didn't know the name of thors hammer.

In 1981, when he was 17, Jahangir became the youngest winner of the World Open, beating Australia's Geoff Hunt (the game's dominant player in the late-1970s) in the final. That tournament marked the start of an unbeaten run which lasted for five years and 555 matches. The hallmark of his play was his incredible fitness and stamina, which Rehmat Khan helped him build-up through a punishing training and conditioning regime. Jahangir was quite simply the fittest player in the game, and would wear his opponents down through long rallies played at a furious pace.

elpuerco

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »
Did those guys make the list?

Why is Jay wearing an outfit that an 80's fitness chick would wear??

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »
Chuck teaching Lou how to lift

Lou Ferrigno asked Chuck Norris to show him how to do barbell curls. The result is what we know today as the cambered bar-and Lou got $20 poorer.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
Lou Ferrigno asked Chuck Norris to show him how to do barbell curls. The result is what we know today as the cambered bar-and Lou got $20 poorer.

;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:49 AM »
I didn't go far into it. That a baseball player makes it into the list, even at 98 shows it to be utter nonsense.

Did Jose Canseco make the list?