Author Topic: FORBES: For a Better Economy, Vote Democratic  (Read 3257 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: FORBES: For a Better Economy, Vote Democratic
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
the head of the Republian party disagrees with you

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/abortion/244549-priebus-rncs-abortion-policy-not-the-platform-of-mitt-romney

Do you think Mitt is espousing his true core beliefs while on the campaign trail? Abortion, guns, health care and such? Do you think if he stuck to those and campaigned with those he would have gotten the nomination?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
Do you think Mitt is espousing his true core beliefs while on the campaign trail? Abortion, guns, health care and such? Do you think if he stuck to those and campaigned with those he would have gotten the nomination?

Since he has been on virtually every side of every issue I'm sure he's revealed his core beliefs somewhere along  the way but who knows what he will atualy do if elected

I'd like some very specific details on how he plans to lower taxes by 20%, raise defense spending and balance the budget/cut the deficit

I"m very concerned that he will destroy the RE market by getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction and trying to shutdown Fanne/Freddie.   I don't think he has a clue what to actually do to accomplish his stated objectives.  He reminds me of a diet guru telling you that on his plan you can eat as much cake and icecream as you want every day and still lose weight.  I think he is  a complete fraud

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
Since he has been on virtually every side of every issue I'm sure he's revealed his core beliefs somewhere along  the way but who knows what he will atualy do if elected

I'd like some very specific details on how he plans to lower taxes by 20%, raise defense spending and balance the budget/cut the deficit

I"m very concerned that he will destroy the RE market by getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction and trying to shutdown Fanne/Freddie.   I don't think he has a clue what to actually do to accomplish his stated objectives.  He reminds me of a diet guru telling you that on his plan you can eat as much cake and icecream as you want every day and still lose weight.  I think he is  a complete fraud
you mean cutting social programs while increasing military funding and cutting taxes wont help to reduce the debt/defecit?   :o

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
you mean cutting social programs while increasing military funding and cutting taxes wont help to reduce the debt/defecit?   :o
Clearly you are forgetting about the power of the magic underwear.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:29 PM »

The cuts would have to be severe and it's not likely he would have support from either side for that level of spending cuts

first thing he would have to do  is make up for the lost tax revenue just to get back to the point where we started from

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
Clearly you are forgetting about the power of the magic underwear.

shit, I forgot about that too

I think we'll all need a pair to make his plan work

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »

The GSE's need to go, but how to do it is anyones guess.

Everything else, who knows. I mean, several months ago we were hearing the battle cry of 9-9-9 from a cartoon character.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
The cuts would have to be severe and it's not likely he would have support from either side for that level of spending cuts

first thing he would have to do  is make up for the lost tax revenue just to get back to the point where we started from
of course. i was being sarcastic dude.  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »
The GSE's need to go, but how to do it is anyones guess.

Everything else, who knows. I mean, several months ago we were hearing the battle cry of 9-9-9 from a cartoon character.

Why do they need to go

they served a valuable function for many many years and worked just fine until recently when they got caught up in the same shitstorm as everything else

they certainly were not the cause of the meltdown but just a casualty

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
Why do they need to go

they served a valuable function for many many years and worked just fine until recently when they got caught up in the same shitstorm as everything else

1.) I'm not a huge fan of private/public mash-ups.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

fair enough

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
of course. i was being sarcastic dude.  ;D

I thought maybe you were doing that but wasn't sure

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
Is these true?
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »

IMO the private sector needs to be intimately involved in the development of educational curriculum and business regulations.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »

me either.. I dont think they look good even on paper

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
Why do they need to go

They didn't get caught up in the same shitstorm...they played a huge part in causing it...thanks to the tenure of Walter Mondale's buddy James Johnson....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/opinion/17brooks.html

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »

. . .

• Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents

• Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents

• Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)

• Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)

• Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents

• The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations

The whole story:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/10/10/want-a-better-economy-history-says-vote-democrat/

but deficit went from 8 to 17T under obama with insane unemployemnt and tons fo new crony regulations choking business adn hand em outs to unions liek forced unionization of fedex which was kicking ups butt

I think if you took government expenditures out of GDP would see the real story.
Governmetn takes capital and gives ti to non producers.
This is why less governmetn causes huge economic grwoth and higher wages as capital is accumulated.
Simple and we did ti for a long time and USA is no1 lets not ruin it now.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 06:28:49 AM »

but deficit went from 8 to 17T under obama with insane unemployemnt and tons fo new crony regulations choking business adn hand em outs to unions liek forced unionization of fedex which was kicking ups butt

I think if you took government expenditures out of GDP would see the real story.
Governmetn takes capital and gives ti to non producers.
This is why less governmetn causes huge economic grwoth and higher wages as capital is accumulated.
Simple and we did ti for a long time and USA is no1 lets not ruin it now.

Capital accumulation is a big part of a healthy and growing economy. It's hard for people to accumulate any kind of capital to start a small-business/invest etc when inflation+ZIRP is destroying your savings.