Author Topic: Lance Armstrong - is truly done  (Read 24606 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Now Lance Armstrong is F'ed.
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
Why do they hate him so much?  If they are all cheats too?  Fucking guys.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:58 AM »
Absolutely it did. I still remember just looking at that 100 meter time in awe years ago. The fact still remains that Carl Lewis beat him consistently before Johnson blew him away in that one race, and I think Johnson might have BARELY beat him a month or so before that. Johnson didn't consistently dominate his sport.

These others guys can call Armstrong a scumbag, talk about DEA agents and lawsuits all they want but I am simply saying IN THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION Lance dominated for 7 years and won every single one of these titles. They can run this circus for 24/7 on network tv and it's still never going to change the opinion for millions. What Lance did was wrong, he cheated. Doesn't change my memory of him reaching the mountain stage of the course and leaving everyone in the dust for 7 years.

Good post.

Small quible though, as someone that used to really follow sprinting...up to 1985, Lewis dominated but then Johnson started beating Lewis consistently by '86. He put a couple of daggers into Lewis's psyche when he won in Rome the year before Seoul, and left no doubt that he was the best 100m man in the world at the time. Anyway, there are so many shenanigans associated with the Seoul race...the 8 runners now known to have used PEDs, and the whole matter of Lewis's bud somehow getting accreditation and sitting in the testing area (that's not to say that Johnson didn't cheat and use low dose winny and dbol in training).

Sorry, resume discussing "Lance."

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »
For someone as egotistical as Lance the fact that his achievements have been diminished so much, will be cause for serious mind fuck and anger without any real outlet. This is hurting him a lot.

Nobody knows how much more his position allowed him to abuse substances in comparison to others, or the variance in genetic response to said substances. It's all too much of a grey area.

If you live by the sword you die by the sword, he took it upon himself to push the limits and it came back and bit him the in the ass.

Trans Milkshake.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »
Good post.

Small quible though, as someone that used to really follow sprinting...up to 1985, Lewis dominated but then Johnson started beating Lewis consistently by '86. He put a couple of daggers into Lewis's psyche when he won in Rome the year before Seoul, and left no doubt that he was the best 100m man in the world at the time. Anyway, there are so many shenanigans associated with the Seoul race...the 8 runners now known to have used PEDs, and the whole matter of Lewis's bud somehow getting accreditation and sitting in the testing area (that's not to say that Johnson didn't cheat and use low dose winny and dbol in training).

Sorry, resume discussing "Lance."

Ah clarity. I probably should have looked more into the definite facts of the Johnson/Lewis rivalry but was just going from my sketchy memory. Have you seen the 30 for 30 documentary of their rivalry? I heard it was excellent. And yes, Seoul South Korea and shenanigans go hand in hand. Roy Jones Jr robbery in the Gold Medal Match, anyone?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »
So are they giving a lifetime ban to the other 100+ dirty PED cyclist on the fagg de tour ???

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
Listen up morons that includes you too Yaroni.  Where's your proof EVERYONE was juiced?  Exactly, you have none.  No doubt in my mind most were.  But to call it an "even playing field" is blasphemous.

The judgement has been made.  Lance is a zero time Tour De France winner and is banned from cycling.  In other words, anything he did in cycling, NEVER HAPPENED.  So with that, it should be treated as such an anyone on this board making reference to titles he never won or feats he never accomplished should be TO and their IP account banned. In addition, I'd like to keep a records of all said individuals to report to Department of Homeland Security or the equivalent in their country and the UCI for investigation.

Your delusion has surpassed Tbombz and Vince G, You would have looked better by saying you believe in Santa Clause

The truth of the matter is the real scumbag and low lifes are the ones that are doing this to him, they are a part of a giant deception as big as Hitlers and they are making billions of dollars deceiving the public with their anti doping shit that 99% of athletes get away with,...

take Wiggs for example, he is already a victim of this corrupt system, he thinks that many up there are not chemically enhanced, once you believe this non-sense it is like having an amputated soul, no cure, I would rather have AIDS then the disease Wiggs is plagued with, completely horrifying

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2012, 08:03:53 AM »
Ah clarity. I probably should have looked more into the definite facts of the Johnson/Lewis rivalry but was just going from my sketchy memory. Have you seen the 30 for 30 documentary of their rivalry? I heard it was excellent. And yes, Seoul South Korea and shenanigans go hand in hand. Roy Jones Jr robbery in the Gold Medal Match, anyone?

I'm one of the few fools around that doesn't have DVR, so I haven't been able to catch it on ESPN. I guess I should just download it. Yeah that was a laughingly unbelievable decision against Roy Jones Jr...I mean, things are on one level when athletes are doping, but when the officials and governing bodies become complicit and begin gaming the results, it's pretty much impossible to ever take things seriously again. Almost got that way with Azerbaijan and boxing this past London Olympics, too.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
I wonder if Lance tried to buy off the higher ups to go public with "other" teams riders dirty tests in essences trying to buy a title by sabotaging other teams. That's what happened with Ben Johnson.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »
So what? LOL you really feel Lance is completely fine with all that has transpired? No worries?
Doesn't care AT ALL that the titles were taken away. Just like Ben Johnson didn't give a shit he was caught. I mean everyone knows and agrees Ben won the '88 race?

Hardly.

He has so much money that he will enjoy sitting in court as his former sponsors sue him. Laughing all the way to the bank, life is just peachy for the guy right now, all smiles, all day.
No worries that the FEDs may pick up their investigations again.
Horrible example, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben Johnson is a living legend, everyone I have ever met know and says Ben has changed the game, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben is a hero and everyone I ever met thinks Lewis is a whiny bitch cry baby who could not hack it at Ben's level, Ben will always be remembered, Lewis is forgotten, no one talks about him everyone talks about Ben.

Lance will be a legacy and no one will even talk about any other cyclist.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »

Lance IS cycling... Cycling will never be as popular or as lucrative as it was under Armstrong.

The cycling organizations should have been sucking his dick, instead, they fucked themselves.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »
Horrible example, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben Johnson is a living legend, everyone I have ever met know and says Ben has changed the game, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben is a hero and everyone I ever met thinks Lewis is a whiny bitch cry baby who could not hack it at Ben's level, Ben will always be remembered, Lewis is forgotten, no one talks about him everyone talks about Ben.

That's so true. The whiny bitch stuff. (Lewis was a hell of finisher, and damn, he had an amazing long jump too, when he was able to focus on it.) Back in the day, mid-80s, I was partying with some of the US athletes before a Paris meet, and the shit that they had to say about Lewis...crying, pulling prima donna crap and refusing to compete unless his "best friend" on the B squad was allowed to travel with the A team etc was hilarious. You can fill in the blanks on that, too, "not that there's anything wrong with that, of course." He's just always been full of drama and lies.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »
So what? LOL you really feel Lance is completely fine with all that has transpired? No worries?
Doesn't care AT ALL that the titles were taken away. Just like Ben Johnson didn't give a shit he was caught. I mean everyone knows and agrees Ben won the '88 race?

Hardly.

He has so much money that he will enjoy sitting in court as his former sponsors sue him. Laughing all the way to the bank, life is just peachy for the guy right now, all smiles, all day.
No worries that the FEDs may pick up their investigations again.

Former sponsors Sue him...ha ha haaaaa

I guess Nike will be refunding money to all of the customers who bought  Armstrong endorsed products then as well ?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »
well if he doped or not i do not give a fuck, the guy seems to help cancer patients and that means more than if he doped or not. Just my fucking 2 cents... ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »
In Austin Lance was considered a living legend. He is a demi god. He brought cycling to the mainstream. Listening to talk radio off and on over the last few days the consensus seems to be that he lied, he made commercials for Nike inferring he was clean, the evidence is overwhelming he doped and not only doped, spear headed the doping ring. While there will be a few who idolize him no matter what, I get the sense the vast majority have lost a lot of respect for him. For me, he knew the rules, and I gave up the "well everybody else does it" excuse when I was 10, I expect he should have also. You take your chances, you pay the consequences. Time for him to pay  

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
He should come out and say: "I was the best athelete out of a completely juiced lineup."  People know that pro cyclists are juiced, they were just tired of Lance having a holier than thou attitude about it all.
All pro sports require juicing. I wouldn't be surprised if the ping pong team uses performance drugs.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
All pro sports require juicing. I wouldn't be surprised if the ping pong team uses performance drugs.

lol at require.

But certainly 90% of pro sportsmen dope.
Trans Milkshake.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2012, 08:56:53 AM »

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
so, he gets to keep all the money right?
time under tension

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2012, 09:14:51 AM »
Greatest cyclist that has EVER lived......

Not his fucking fault the sport is a cesspool that has proven unable to police itself.

Merckx is a much better cyclist.
He raced all year.
And had the hour record.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Nike said BYE Lance

LANCE says FUCK YOU NIKE

spottted sportin' a pair of ASICS while jogging in Texas this past weekend

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »
He is wearing his shorts waaaaay too low.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »
fuck lance, maybe it will help people wake up

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:16 AM »
So now that his titles were stripped who wins it? Because you know the next 100 competitors also used drugs.

They should strip Usain Bolts titles as well it is almost guaranteed he used performance enhancement. You don't run a time that good without enhancement. His 6'-4" is not enough to do it naturally.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
Thats fine no matter how many times you pass it down, it will inevitably end up with a black.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
Thats fine no matter how many times you pass it down, it will inevitably end up with a black.

Yes earth mother africana is who all of the fair creatures of the biosphere evolved from.
Trans Milkshake.