Author Topic: Lance Armstrong - is truly done  (Read 24613 times)

viking1

• Getbig V
Re: Now Lance Armstrong is F'ed.
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »
Nike said BYE Lance

LANCE says FUCK YOU NIKE

spottted sportin' a pair of ASICS while jogging in Texas this past weekend

He looks flustered, hairy legs, sunken face, emaciated legs, a small increase in body fat.  The pressure of not being looked at as 'holier than thou' anymore must be driving him nuts. No matter what his net worth is, he must feel very poor now.

(no homo)

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
So now that his titles were stripped who wins it? Because you know the next 100 competitors also used drugs.

They should strip Usain Bolts titles as well it is almost guaranteed he used performance enhancement. You don't run a time that good without enhancement. His 6'-4" is not enough to do it naturally.

Nobody is being awarded the titles.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »

Former sponsors Sue him...ha ha haaaaa

I guess Nike will be refunding money to all of the customers who bought  Armstrong endorsed products then as well ?

All depends on what the sponsors had in fine print of his contract. There's been talk about his PED use for well over a decade now. Some sponsors could have a special clause in an agreement. The interesting thing is would Lance Armstrong sign such an agreement knowing he was dirty.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
All depends on what the sponsors had in fine print of his contract. There's been talk about his PED use for well over a decade now. Some sponsors could have a special clause in an agreement. The interesting thing is would Lance Armstrong sign such an agreement knowing he was dirty.

The American civil court system would love to get Lance in the court room. Some of those judges/Lawyers have a bigger ego than Lance.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
The American civil court system would love to get Lance in the court room. Some of those judges/Lawyers have a bigger ego than Lance.

I'm sure Nike wants no part of a lawsuit, they made plenty of money off of him. It could get ugly for all involved. I'm sure they well let Armstrong just fade into Bolivian

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »
The second place finisher must be pissed.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »
Every tour-de-france participant of the last 40 yrs did some kinda gear. Lance trained like a beast, had beast-genetics and was the deserved winner.

LANCE RULES

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
Every tour-de-france participant of the last 40 yrs did some kinda gear. Lance trained like a beast, had beast-genetics and was the deserved winner.

LANCE RULES

He also could afford the best doctor.. not entirely an even playing field

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »
The Beaver is the
hardest working and most diligent animal in the animal kingdom.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
He also could afford the best doctor.. not entirely an even playing field
It's about teams, there were lotsa teams with the same money. And they all knew about each other. It's really amazing this bullshit.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Thats fine no matter how many times you pass it down, it will inevitably end up with a black.
Hey wiggs did you skip my post or just chose to ignor it  :)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Interesting Statistic Regarding Lance Armstrong
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Interesting Statistic Regarding Lance Armstrong
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
worst thing is, besides lance , i couldnt name any other cyclist if you had a gun to my head.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »
worst thing is, besides lance , i couldnt name any other cyclist if you had a gun to my head.

That's because the rest are all clean, except Lance and his cronies.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »
That's because the rest are all clean, except Lance and his cronies.

Did you read the picture?

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
  None of the top guys are clean.. If your doing the tour de France your drugged.. Simple fact..

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
Did you read the picture?

It won't load

I was clearly joking

MikMaq

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
It wasn`t until 2009 that I realized that a man that landed on the moon would be to old to get ball cancer.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »
Horrible example, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben Johnson is a living legend, everyone I have ever met know and says Ben has changed the game, everyone I have ever met thinks Ben is a hero and everyone I ever met thinks Lewis is a whiny bitch cry baby who could not hack it at Ben's level, Ben will always be remembered, Lewis is forgotten, no one talks about him everyone talks about Ben.

Lance will be a legacy and no one will even talk about any other cyclist.

no one talks about lewis, everyone talks about ben... uhhh, ok, if you say so.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »
I'm sure Nike wants no part of a lawsuit, they made plenty of money off of him. It could get ugly for all involved. I'm sure they well let Armstrong just fade into Bolivian

Fade into bolivian? He's gay too?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
no one talks about lewis, everyone talks about ben... uhhh, ok, if you say so.
well fine 5 people talk about Lewis and Billions talk about Ben, either way no one is as popular as Ben Johnson, Ben Johnson is the first thing that comes to mind when anyone thinks of "runners"

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
well fine 5 people talk about Lewis and Billions talk about Ben, either way no one is as popular as Ben Johnson, Ben Johnson is the first thing that comes to mind when anyone thinks of "runners"

really? how may gold medals did Jesse Owens win in 1936?

who won the 100 m sprint in 1972?

can you answer those two questions w/o looking it up?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »
really? how may gold medals did Jesse Owens win in 1936?

who won the 100 m sprint in 1972?

can you answer those two questions w/o looking it up?
nope and no one else can either and that is why Ben is far more popular then any you mentioned, thanks for proving my point

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »
Five time Tour de France winner, Miguel Indurain supports Lance.

Cycling: Five-time Tour de France winner Miguel Indurain believes Lance Armstrong is not guilty of doping despite the evidence produced by the US Anti-Doping Agency (Usada).
“Even now I believe in his innocence. He has always respected all the rules,” Indurain, who won the Tour from 1991-95, was quoted as telling Radio Marca.

“I’m a bit surprised. It’s a bit strange that this was only based on testimonies,” he added in reference to Usada’s 1,000-page report featuring testimonies from 11 former Armstrong team-mates.

One of those team-mates, Tyler Hamilton, has blasted International Cycling Union (UCI) president Pat McQuaid, saying the Irishman has “no place” in the sport.

McQuaid had described Hamilton and Floyd Landis, who also testified against Armstrong, as “scumbags” on Monday after the UCI ratified the US Anti-Doping Agency’s (Usada) decision to strip Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles.

a

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
Company that paid Lance Armstrong bonuses wants money back
By Corrie MacLaggan

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A Texas promotional company that paid millions of dollars to Lance Armstrong for winning the Tour de France said on Monday it was considering legal action to get the money back after the American cyclist was stripped of his Tour titles.

Armstrong had his seven Tour de France victories nullified and was banned for life on Monday after the International Cycling Union (UCI) ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions against him.

Dallas-based SCA Promotions paid Armstrong $7.5 million for winning his sixth Tour title in 2004 - $5 million as a performance bonus and $2.5 million in interest and attorney fees - as part of a 2006 legal settlement. Armstrong had sued SCA when it withheld the payment after doping allegations against him surfaced.

Tailwind Sports, the owner of Armstrong's U.S. Postal team, had promised the cyclist a $5 million bonus if he won a sixth Tour title and it took out insurance coverage with SCA.

In all, SCA Promotions paid Armstrong some $12 million, the company's lawyer Jeffrey Dorough said.

It was unclear exactly how much SCA may seek to recover.

"Mr. Armstrong is no longer the official winner of any Tour de France races, and as a result it is inappropriate and improper for him to retain any bonus payments made by SCA," Dorough said in a statement.

He said SCA Promotions was "digesting the UCI's decision" and that the company was taking into consideration the possibility that Armstrong or the World Anti-Doping Agency could appeal.

Earlier this month, USADA published a report on Armstrong that said the now-retired rider had been involved in the "most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

"I was sickened by what I read in the USADA report," UCI President Pat McQuaid said on Monday.

Armstrong, 41, who has denied doping, had previously elected not to contest the USADA charges, prompting USADA to propose his punishment pending confirmation from cycling's world governing body.

Armstrong, widely considered one of the greatest cyclists of all time, says he has never failed a doping test.

He said he had stopped contesting the charges after years of probes and rumors because "there comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, 'Enough is enough.'"