Author Topic: OFFICIAL G & O Presidential Debate #3 with Obama and Romney  (Read 18089 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: OFFICIAL G & O Presidential Debate #3 with Obama and Romney
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »
Not touched

all I see is a bunch of blue space

i had used the more vulgar n-word in my post... it was edited to 'guys'

i changed it to the less vulgar n-word in my quote but left the original alone

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
Romney agreed with President Obama so much on foreign policy and pretty much co-signed what the president said on most things.  In total contrast to many things he's said on the campaign trail.  In addition, he's a god-damn lie about letting the car companies operate under controlled bankruptcy. He said nothing like that in the past.

President Obama won this one.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »
CNN just fact checked this and Romney was right,
Romney agreed with President Obama so much on foreign policy and pretty much co-signed what the president said on most things.  In total contrast to many things he's said on the campaign trail.  In addition, he's a god-damn lie about letting the car companies operate under controlled bankruptcy. He said nothing like that in the past.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:01 PM »
Benny B, you're incorrigible.
I like that word.  :D
!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »
Mitt should have driven up in Jay's Bus, and came out wearing "Beats by Dre" headphones, while pumping some   "Beats by Jay" prior to this battle.
Fixed.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
CNN just fact checked this and Romney was right,

You're correct. I fact checked it myself.  I stand corrected.  He did in fact state a "managed bankruptcy."

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
  Hmmm

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
You're correct. I fact checked it myself.  I stand corrected.  He did in fact state a "managed bankruptcy."
How do you manage a bankruptcy and guarantee that a foreign competitor doesn't get to come in and buy the place up for cheap?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »

And, much like last week, winning this debate (assuming he actually did) will do almost nothing to reverse Obama's fortunes, especially with Romney pounding him on the economy (#1 issue in the election).

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
How do you manage a bankruptcy and guarantee that a foreign competitor doesn't get to come in and buy the place up for cheap?

Good question, luckily we never got that far.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
PPP: Swing state voters say Obama won the debate 53-42, and are planning to vote for him 51-45

The states covered in our swing state poll were CO, FL, MI, IA, NH, NV, NC, OH, PA, VA, and WI
 http://twitter.com/ppppolls

48% say Obama, 40% say Romney. CNN poll of registered debate watchers.
www.cnn.com

CBS snap poll on debate: Obama - 53, Romney - 23, tie - 24

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
Which candidate will raise the prize money for the "O"?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
We
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
 also have fewer horses and bayonets

:D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: We
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
He owned that mormon ass tonight.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
 :D

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
wow you people have a president who lies about the murder of his own people and you support him?  You deserve the shit storm that is going to hit you if you vote this guy back in    -   USA #1.....................NO MORE

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
Honestly I think the saddest thing here is that you are so hopelessly bound to the two-party political system. Same shit, just different packaging.
from incomplete data

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2012, 04:02:09 AM »
We should....those fuckers are crazy.

Crazy enough to have fractional kilo-ton yield fission bombs!
Y

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:25 AM »

Or you could just give GM to Fiat...oh...wait...that was Chrysler.   Obama didn't "bail out" GM....he bailed out the UAW.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2012, 06:38:56 AM »
PPP: Swing state voters say Obama won the debate 53-42, and are planning to vote for him 51-45

The states covered in our swing state poll were CO, FL, MI, IA, NH, NV, NC, OH, PA, VA, and WI
 http://twitter.com/ppppolls

48% say Obama, 40% say Romney. CNN poll of registered debate watchers.
www.cnn.com

CBS snap poll on debate: Obama - 53, Romney - 23, tie - 24

The same CNN poll said that, when people were asked for which candidate this debate made you more likely to vote:

50% Neither

25% Romney

24% Obama

If this manifests itself in the polls, it basically means that Romney did in ONE DEBATE what Obama and Biden couldn't do in THREE: Build a wave of momentum that could carry all the way to election day.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2012, 06:55:37 AM »
The Blowout in Boca
By Steve Benen
 -
Tue Oct 23, 2012

Associated Press

To put in perspective who won last night's debate, consider a polling tidbit. A few weeks ago, after the first contest between President Obama and Mitt Romney, a CBS poll of undecided voters taken immediately after the event showed the Republican winning the debate by 24 points.

CBS polled undecided voters again last night, and found Obama winning this debate by 30 points.

Debate analysis is a bit like art evaluation -- not everyone sees the same thing -- but I not only thought the president excelled last night, I think Romney very nearly embarrassed himself. After six years of campaigning for the nation's highest office, asking voters to make him the leader of the free world, the former one-term governor conveyed an unnerving message to the nation in the year's final debate: he neither knows nor cares about international affairs. As a New York Times editorial noted, Romney at times "sounded like a beauty pageant contestant groping for an answer to the final question."

As best as I can tell, Romney adopted a three-pronged strategy for the event in Boca Raton, Fla.

Part One: Agree with Obama

For months, Romney, Paul Ryan, and their Republican allies have been desperate to paint Obama as pursuing a weak and misguided foreign policy. Last night, while the president was on the offensive throughout, exposing Romney's contradictions, reversals, and overall ignorance, the Republican did the opposite, playing down differences, and endorsing the president's position on everything from Afghanistan to Iranian sanctions to Syria to Egypt. In some cases this meant abandoning positions Romney has long held, and in other cases, it meant pretending his agenda isn't his agenda.

It left voters with a detached message that bordered on incoherence: Obama has a failed foreign policy ... which I intend to implement if elected.

Part Two: Change the subject

Romney had ample time to prepare to discuss foreign policy, and a team of Bush/Cheney administration officials to tell him how to at least sound like he's answering the questions, but he repeatedly tried to change the subject away from foreign policy during the debate on foreign policy. Over the course of 90 minutes, Romney mentioned Osama bin Laden twice, mentioned food stamps three times, and mentioned school teachers eight times.

Plenty of strategists have said voters will find this compelling, since domestic issues trump international affairs in 2012, but no candidate benefits from appearing weak. This was a debate in which Romney was supposed to appear ready to lead a nation during a time of war and international "tumult." Instead, Romney appeared to be running for governor, not president.

Part Three: Make stuff up

We'll explore some of the key issues in more detail as the morning progresses, but when Romney wasn't agreeing with Obama and trying to change the subject, he was relying on his signature move -- saying things that aren't true and hoping no one notices.

The president got exactly what he wanted out of this debate. He demonstrated a command of international affairs, and took Romney apart, point by point. In contrast, by the time the event was over, I wasn't at all clear what Romney even hoped to accomplish. In his closing statement at the foreign policy debate, he didn't mention foreign policy.

The larger takeaway for voters is that the Republican candidate just doesn't seem to care -- and also doesn't think he has to care.

To revisit an anecdote from the summer, I often think about this story the Wall Street Journal published.

Mr. Romney made that clear at a July fundraiser in Montana as he rehashed the challenges Mr. Reagan faced when he took office. He recounted how Mr. Baker, a former secretary of state, held a national security meeting about Latin America during the first 100 days of Mr. Reagan's presidency.

"And after the meeting, President Reagan called me in and said, 'I want no more national-security meetings over the next 100 days -- all of our time has to be focused on getting our economy going,' " Mr. Romney recalled Mr. Baker saying.

In reality, this exchange between Reagan and Baker never happened. I don't know who told Romney this or whether Romney simply made it up out of whole cloth, but Reagan dealt with plenty of national-security meetings early in his presidency -- as all presidents do.

But the anecdote, when combined with last night's debate, makes me wonder if Romney fully understands the nature of the responsibilities he's seeking.
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »
The Blowout in Boca
By Steve Benen
 -
Tue Oct 23, 2012

Associated Press

To put in perspective who won last night's debate, consider a polling tidbit. A few weeks ago, after the first contest between President Obama and Mitt Romney, a CBS poll of undecided voters taken immediately after the event showed the Republican winning the debate by 24 points.

CBS polled undecided voters again last night, and found Obama winning this debate by 30 points.

Debate analysis is a bit like art evaluation -- not everyone sees the same thing -- but I not only thought the president excelled last night, I think Romney very nearly embarrassed himself. After six years of campaigning for the nation's highest office, asking voters to make him the leader of the free world, the former one-term governor conveyed an unnerving message to the nation in the year's final debate: he neither knows nor cares about international affairs. As a New York Times editorial noted, Romney at times "sounded like a beauty pageant contestant groping for an answer to the final question."

As best as I can tell, Romney adopted a three-pronged strategy for the event in Boca Raton, Fla.

Part One: Agree with Obama

For months, Romney, Paul Ryan, and their Republican allies have been desperate to paint Obama as pursuing a weak and misguided foreign policy. Last night, while the president was on the offensive throughout, exposing Romney's contradictions, reversals, and overall ignorance, the Republican did the opposite, playing down differences, and endorsing the president's position on everything from Afghanistan to Iranian sanctions to Syria to Egypt. In some cases this meant abandoning positions Romney has long held, and in other cases, it meant pretending his agenda isn't his agenda.

It left voters with a detached message that bordered on incoherence: Obama has a failed foreign policy ... which I intend to implement if elected.

Part Two: Change the subject

Romney had ample time to prepare to discuss foreign policy, and a team of Bush/Cheney administration officials to tell him how to at least sound like he's answering the questions, but he repeatedly tried to change the subject away from foreign policy during the debate on foreign policy. Over the course of 90 minutes, Romney mentioned Osama bin Laden twice, mentioned food stamps three times, and mentioned school teachers eight times.

Plenty of strategists have said voters will find this compelling, since domestic issues trump international affairs in 2012, but no candidate benefits from appearing weak. This was a debate in which Romney was supposed to appear ready to lead a nation during a time of war and international "tumult." Instead, Romney appeared to be running for governor, not president.

Part Three: Make stuff up

We'll explore some of the key issues in more detail as the morning progresses, but when Romney wasn't agreeing with Obama and trying to change the subject, he was relying on his signature move -- saying things that aren't true and hoping no one notices.

The president got exactly what he wanted out of this debate. He demonstrated a command of international affairs, and took Romney apart, point by point. In contrast, by the time the event was over, I wasn't at all clear what Romney even hoped to accomplish. In his closing statement at the foreign policy debate, he didn't mention foreign policy.

The larger takeaway for voters is that the Republican candidate just doesn't seem to care -- and also doesn't think he has to care.

To revisit an anecdote from the summer, I often think about this story the Wall Street Journal published.

Mr. Romney made that clear at a July fundraiser in Montana as he rehashed the challenges Mr. Reagan faced when he took office. He recounted how Mr. Baker, a former secretary of state, held a national security meeting about Latin America during the first 100 days of Mr. Reagan's presidency.

"And after the meeting, President Reagan called me in and said, 'I want no more national-security meetings over the next 100 days -- all of our time has to be focused on getting our economy going,' " Mr. Romney recalled Mr. Baker saying.

In reality, this exchange between Reagan and Baker never happened. I don't know who told Romney this or whether Romney simply made it up out of whole cloth, but Reagan dealt with plenty of national-security meetings early in his presidency -- as all presidents do.

But the anecdote, when combined with last night's debate, makes me wonder if Romney fully understands the nature of the responsibilities he's seeking.

On who folks are more likely to vote for (per CNN):

Romney - 25; Obama - 24 (Neither - 50).....so much for that "blowout"  ::)

And, now it appears, he isn't quite as favorable as he once was:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/obama_romney_favorable_unfavorable.html

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »

This isn't a game of Battleship  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2012, 08:15:59 AM »
He owned that mormon ass tonight.

As if it matters!!

Romney did more in the first debate than Obama did in two.

Romney's been riding high, since Denver. And Obama hasn't done JACK to stop the bleeding.

Let's see: Gallup has Romney up 51-46; Rasmussen, 50-46.

An incumbent president, in the mid-40s, two weeks before election day......So much for all that so-called owning.   ::)