Author Topic: Bayonet Co. slices Obama to shreds: "He should educate himself"  (Read 10754 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Bayonet Co. slices Obama to shreds: "He should educate himself"
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Yes its bajonets and horses that wins wars.
 ::)

Some people really have to much time on their hands.
It was a pretty moronic comment by Obama. His comment wasn't that they win wars, it was that there aren't many of them left, which is totally stupid and ignorant.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
Yes its bajonets and horses that wins wars.
 ::)

Some people really have to much time on their hands.

they will defend their man no matter how dumb it makes them look :D :D :D :D :D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
It was a pretty moronic comment by Obama. His comment wasn't that they win wars, it was that there aren't many of them left, which is totally stupid and ignorant.

He said horses was about to go instinct?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
they will defend their man no matter how dumb it makes them look :D :D :D :D :D

Obama was the dumbass who said it remember?  

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
Left in the military.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
Obama's Inane Debate Comment
 Lawrence Journal World ^ | October 23, 2012 | Reasonmclucus

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:28:52 PM by kathsua

President Barack Obama made the most inane debate comment of the early 21st century in the October 22nd debate. http://www.npr.org/2012/10/22/163436694/transcript-3rd-obama-romney-presidential-debate

"But I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You — you mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets — (laughter) — because the nature of our military's[sic] changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines."

We may not need as many horses and bayonets as we did in 1916, but we need more ships than the peace time navy of 1916 did. In 1916 the United States didn't think it needed a big navy because it wasn't involved in World War 1 and still expected the British Navy to control the seas. The United States Navy has inherited the commerce protecting and peace keeping role the British Navy played a century ago. However, the U.S. cannot perform that role with only 114 ships of 287 total ships deployed over 139 million square miles of ocean. http://www.navy.mil/navydata/nav_legacy.asp?id=146

The United States should have an aircraft carrier based group with rescue helicopters and Marines off the coast of Libya and other hot spots where embassies are close enough to the sea for sea based rescues. The capital of Iran was too far from the sea for a sea based rescue during the Carter administration. Diplomatic facilities in Libya and some other trouble spots can be reached from ships.

It may come as a surprise to Obama, but the main reason we ended up in WWI was because the United States didn't have enough ships to protect its merchant ships from German submarines called U-boats. Nuclear power for submarines may have come long after WWI but "ships that go underwater" were a major German weapon in that war. The first submarine was built in the 17th Century and the first submarine attack was an unsuccessful attempt to attach a bomb to a British ship during the American Revolution. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/worlds-first-submarine-attack

It is unlikely that Japan would have attacked the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor in 1941 if the United States had had more than one fleet in the Pacific. Japan thought that knocking out the only American fleet in the Pacific would allow it to take control of the Pacific before the United States could build a replacement fleet.

This year begins the 200th anniversary of the first major war fought by the United States, the War of 1812. The United States wouldn't have felt a need to enter that war if it had had a big enough navy to discourage the British navy from kidnapping sailors from American merchant ships and even naval ships.

Peace provides the best environment for the international trade the U.S. economy has always depended upon. The United States first foreign "war" was an attack on pirates on the North African coast. The U.S. needs a big enough navy to permanently station ships in shipping lanes plagued by pirates.

The Navy provides the best option for protecting the peace. Moving ships to a trouble spot doesn't require construction of large bases first. Personnel can be stationed near a trouble spot without the complications involved with stationing troops among the local population. We may not need as many horses and bayonets as were needed in 1916, but ships are even more necessary.

Four years ago Democrats criticized Gov. Sarah Palin for her statement "I can see Russia from my house". Compare that to Obama's statements: "We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines." Obama apparently thinks he's speaking to children, or maybe he just has a simple mind.

Obama's statements that al Qaeda is weak ignores the implications of the attack on the Libyan consulate. Al Qaeda may be weaker in Afghanistan, but it is growing elsewhere. It is not going away any time soon. Obama is underestimating the strength of al Qaeda much like the Johnson administration underestimated the strength of the Viet Cong before the 1968 Tet offensive.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
Left in the military.

I see.
When you were in the service did you carry out a lot of attacks from horse-back with a bajonet?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
the repubs live in the past they think there is trench warfare like in ww1

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

When did Obama say "there aren't many of them left?"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »

I believe you mean extinct and not instinct. Although anyone who has ever been a horseman knows that most horses have good instincts.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
When did Obama say "there aren't many of them left?"

People tend to hear what they want to hear and that is not always what was actually said.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »
I believe you mean extinct and not instinct. Although anyone who has ever been a horseman knows that most horses have good instincts.

My bad :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 01:58:13 PM »
When I was in the Army, we were trained with bayonets...had to run a 1.5 mile uphill course....however Obama is right.....bayonets are relevant but no longer a deciding factors in wars since World War 1
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
3333 What do you know about bayonets from your service experiences?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »
3333 What do you know about bayonets from your service experiences?

Not much.  I own two through. 

I have the M4 and the KABAR 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »
When I was in the Army, we were trained with bayonets...had to run a 1.5 mile uphill course....however Obama is right.....bayonets are relevant but no longer a deciding factors in wars since World War 1
. Pretty much true.  Unless of course you are surrounded and with no ammo.

I don't see them ever being phased out.  Even when we have phasers  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
My bad :)

Unfortunately, the care and feeding of horses is expensive. In today's ecconomy many people have had to sell their horses. Unless something changes, horses owned by hobbyiest will become a thing of the past. Lately, I've seen news stories about abandoned horses which are starving. It is very sad. Horses are beautiful and wonderful animals. Let us hope they never become extinct.

When I was a kid, I had two horses. My parents owned a home on a one acre lot in Encino, CA. We had a two stall stable with a small tack room and feed storage area. Many of the people in our neighborhood kept horses for pleasure riding in those days. Today no there are no horses in this area. Where we had the stables and small corral, there is now a tennis court. In some cases the back part of these deep lots were sold and infill houses were built.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

They did decide WW1 though, right?
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »
WTF are you talking about? Every infantryman in the Marine Corp is issued a bayonet. Its a K-bar fighting knife that has a special ring to affix to the assault rifles.

But we're using fewer than we did in 1916, I'd have to believe.   The middle of a bloddy world war 1 on the ground with no air support... i can imagine bayonets were used a little more than today.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 03:37:22 PM »
. Pretty much true.  Unless of course you are surrounded and with no ammo.

I don't see them ever being phased out.  Even when we have phasers  :D

the commie kenyan refuses to increase phaser spending by $2 trillion, but romney will...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
This comment really did make Obama look ignorant as fuck.

jesus, bayonets are not standard issue, so what if there is a lug, his comment is factually correct. We use far fewer bayonets then we previously did.

I honestly can't believe you assholes are arguing about this, you know you have no facts on your side when the number of ships (higher than bushs reign anyways) is a talking point for fucks sakes. Who gives a flying fuck, what are some people at home going "wtf, fewer ships, he's a commie we need more ships for all the navel battles we get into".

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »
LOL.

So it's not even "fewer".

no it's fewer.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:05 PM »
I see.
When you were in the service did you carry out a lot of attacks from horse-back with a bajonet?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »
jesus, bayonets are not standard issue, so what if there is a lug, his comment is factually correct. We use far fewer bayonets then we previously did.

I honestly can't believe you assholes are arguing about this, you know you have no facts on your side when the number of ships (higher than bushs reign anyways) is a talking point for fucks sakes. Who gives a flying fuck, what are some people at home going "wtf, fewer ships, he's a commie we need more ships for all the navel battles we get into".

I don't if they are "standard issue" for Marines, but every Marine is trained to use them.  They're also still used quite a bit. 

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/War-Horses-Fade-Into-History-Even-as-Marines-3975138.php