Author Topic: Apple just announced two new ipads  (Read 6540 times)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Apple just announced two new ipads
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
he was killed with friendly fire

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
Great product... but its very Amazon-centric... meaning no Google Play Store, uses Amazon's own app store.... it really doesn't feel like an Android device because of how much skinning they did to the OS, AWESOME resolution on their new one.

I'm not a fan of 7" size, prefer 10".... but if I was to choose from those two I would go with the Nexus 7

Doctor Ach,

What would you say is the best phone out in the market at the present moment?  Possibly best for 2013?

Shookrun Gazilan,
"1"

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »

I'm not a fan of 7" size, prefer 10"....

what about girth and curvature?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
I've tried the galaxy, and it just doesn't compare to the user experience.  It's hard to explain but the ipad and phone just seems to repsond very accurately to the links I try to choose or my typing where the others just seem off.

Apple did spend years perfecting the touch application well before the copy cats came out.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:34 AM »
Can you upload software on the Ipad 4 like quickbooks?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
Doctor Ach,

What would you say is the best phone out in the market at the present moment?  Possibly best for 2013?

Shookrun Gazilan,
"1"

Thats a tough question to answer....

I'm personally very biased towards Motorola (just picked up the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD last week on the day it came out)

First you have to decide do you want, Apple, Android, Windows Phone?  (Don't get Blackberry they are going under - I'm actually talking about them in my dissertation), also depends which carrier you have

So lets break it down:

If you want Windows Phone get the Nokia Lumia 900 (although the windows app market is pretty weak and there will be a whole schlew of new windows phones coming out after windows 8 is launched in 2 days)

If you want Apple, get the iphone 5, enough said!  Apple's interface is amazingly smooth and unmatched by anyone else, has a ton of apps (although Android is a close second in that department), and they have great support in their stores - but then you have itunes and thats a piece of shit!

If you want Android (Which I do believe is the superior OS - many Apple fans will disagree, and thats cool) you have many options in that realm and it depends on what you are looking for:

1. If you want the purest form of Android without any third party customization's, get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Although Google is announcing a new Nexus device next week, the LG Nexus 4)

2.  If you want the best battery life get the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD (thats the one I have and it has the biggest battery out of any phone in the market right now - 3300 mah - thats more than double the iphone's battery which is 1440 mah)

3.  If you want the best screen get the Samsung Galaxy Note which has a 5.3" screen (The Galaxy Note 2 comes out next month with an even bigger screen, there is also an HTC DLX on the way with a 1080p 5" screen coming out in a few months too)

4.  If you want the best overall android phone probably the Samsung Galaxy SIII  (Although I still think the Motorola one I got is better quality, but Samsung has some nice features like split screen and what have you)

5.  If you want the best phone with a keyboard, Motorola photon Q

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
$330 is TOO MUCH FUCKING MONEY for the iPad mini!  >:( I was set to buy one but the price point for the storage it has is ridiculous.

At $150/$200 Samsung Galaxy player 4 or 5 is a better buy and more versatile. Full web flash on the 5 and it feels good to use. Tried it out at Best Buy.

In this economy, Apple could have knocked another $50 off the mini and it would have been a no brainer for most. iGreed. :-\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
Thats a tough question to answer....

I'm personally very biased towards Motorola (just picked up the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD last week on the day it came out)

First you have to decide do you want, Apple, Android, Windows Phone?  (Don't get Blackberry they are going under - I'm actually talking about them in my dissertation), also depends which carrier you have

So lets break it down:

If you want Windows Phone get the Nokia Lumia 900 (although the windows app market is pretty weak and there will be a whole schlew of new windows phones coming out after windows 8 is launched in 2 days)

If you want Apple, get the iphone 5, enough said!  Apple's interface is amazingly smooth and unmatched by anyone else, has a ton of apps (although Android is a close second in that department), and they have great support in their stores - but then you have itunes and thats a piece of shit!

If you want Android (Which I do believe is the superior OS - many Apple fans will disagree, and thats cool) you have many options in that realm and it depends on what you are looking for:

1. If you want the purest form of Android without any third party customization's, get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Although Google is announcing a new Nexus device next week, the LG Nexus 4)

2.  If you want the best battery life get the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD (thats the one I have and it has the biggest battery out of any phone in the market right now - 3300 mah - thats more than double the iphone's battery which is 1440 mah)

3.  If you want the best screen get the Samsung Galaxy Note which has a 5.3" screen (The Galaxy Note 2 comes out next month with an even bigger screen, there is also an HTC DLX on the way with a 1080p 5" screen coming out in a few months too)

4.  If you want the best overall android phone probably the Samsung Galaxy SIII  (Although I still think the Motorola one I got is better quality, but Samsung has some nice features like split screen and what have you)

5.  If you want the best phone with a keyboard, Motorola photon Q

Shookrun Habibi!

I am trying to figure out which phone to get next, because I have the IPhone 4S (Have an upgrade available via AT&T), but have not been too impressed by the IPhone5.

I was expecting a bigger jump from the 4 & 4S, but nothing about it screams innovation, at least to the extent that apple touts it out to be (remember this is only my opinion).

That said, while I do think the Samsung Galaxy SIII looks like a beautiful phone (especially for surfing the web and taking pictures), I am not too familiar with its interface and whether I would be able to smoothly upload music, videos and pictures from my computer, not to mention podcasts the way I seamlessly do from iTunes to my IPhone.  Maybe you can give me a little guidance regarding that slight nuance.

I also worry about the fact that 2013 is just around the corner and you just never know what great product might be coming down the pike, so I worry about marrying into a new product that might become obsolete in a few months.

Thank you for your continued support,
"1"

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 10:02:32 AM »
Shookrun Habibi!

I am trying to figure out which phone to get next, because I have the IPhone 4S (Have an upgrade available via AT&T), but have not been too impressed by the IPhone5.

I was expecting a bigger jump from the 4 & 4S, but nothing about it screams innovation, at least to the extent that apple touts it out to be (remember this is only my opinion).

That said, while I do think the Samsung Galaxy SIII looks like a beautiful phone (especially for surfing the web and taking pictures), I am not too familiar with its interface and whether I would be able to smoothly upload music, videos and pictures from my computer, not to mention podcasts the way I seamlessly do from iTunes to my IPhone.  Maybe you can give me a little guidance regarding that slight nuance.

I also worry about the fact that 2013 is just around the corner and you just never know what great product might be coming down the pike, so I worry about marrying into a new product that might become obsolete in a few months.

Thank you for your continued support,
"1"

I do believe the iphone 5 is a major jump from the 4s btw....

You have a new faster processor
Bigger Screen
4G LTE
Better Camera

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »
I do believe the iphone 5 is a major jump from the 4s btw....

You have a new faster processor
Bigger Screen
4G LTE
Better Camera

Don't turn on me now Achmed!

You're supposed to be our resident Android salesmen, don't go back and praise apple for their lackluster product.

Lovingly yours,
"1"

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
Don't turn on me now Achmed!

You're supposed to be our resident Android salesmen, don't go back and praise apple for their lackluster product.

Lovingly yours,
"1"

I only said it was a major upgrade from the iphone 4s....

its just catching up to Android which have had all those features a long time ago ;-)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
$330 is TOO MUCH FUCKING MONEY for the iPad mini!  >:( I was set to buy one but the price point for the storage it has is ridiculous.

At $150/$200 Samsung Galaxy player 4 or 5 is a better buy and more versatile. Full web flash on the 5 and it feels good to use. Tried it out at Best Buy.

In this economy, Apple could have knocked another $50 off the mini and it would have been a no brainer for most. iGreed. :-\

Apple is dealing with the beast it created.  That $50 x many millions of units is required to keep the stock at the price it's at.  They had no choice but to cut into the 7" market.  They need apple fans to buy their bullshit until the bubble pops.  The foundation of Apple with the iphone and early release of Ipad is solidly built on big bricks, but the last 3-4 years is on big bubble getting ready to blow.  I am not sure what people want more from them.  they brought the iphone into the market and redefined a huge market. What more do people need?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

Tim Cook just pretty much did what Steve Jobs said was a bad idea:

“7-inch tablets are going to be DOA, dead on arrival.” – Steve Jobs

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
Tim Cook just pretty much did what Steve Jobs said was a bad idea:

“7-inch tablets are going to be DOA, dead on arrival.” – Steve Jobs

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Yes but on Oct. 5, the day Jobs died Apple’s stock was selling for $378.25.  Now it is double that.  Apple has stop innovation and are now replicating.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »
 BIG ACH, Thanks for the response to my earlier Apple Service comments and thanks for the great info you provided above.

I didn't realoize that you were well versed on this subject until recently.

What exactly is your job in this regards.

Until recently I used the cheapest phone I could find at $29 (Walmart) and the $30 a month service plan with no contract .... and was perfectly happy because I honesty was unaware that there was something out there that was better and just about as cheap.

Then someone told me about TEXTING and I realized that I could not do that on my $29 Walmart phone with the $30 a month service plan which allowed me 1,000 talk-minutes which was actually more than necessary.

But I wanted to start this Texting stuff so  I pulled out my credit card and bought an Android unit (Walmart) and a  $32.50 a month unlimited service plan .... unlimited text and unlimited talk. The phone itself cost $129.

And it's taken a while to learn such a modern convenience but now I can download stuff I never need and will never learn ... if I do ever need it.

Every kid and grown up in my family are Apple phone fans and now they are telling me that I should step up and purchase a $400+ Apple phone along with the $100+ service plan.

Am I missing an important part of my life by refusing to follow their advice?  

AND .....

What apps do you suggest I download to my Android phone which you feel are  most important or 'fun' to have?

THANKS, ACH

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
ACH, PS!

I have been told my a reliable source that the experts are now working on a device that will be inserted by a dentist which will allow you to talk through an artificial molar.

If you are on this research team, I'l appreciate it you could tell me how they plan to dial a number to place the call.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
im going to buy an e reader

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
I bought a Kindle Fire when it first came our a year or so ago, but I don't know enough about this stuff to compare one brand from another, but I have been really satisfied with it.

I also purchased the $70  a year 'free stuff' program which name I presently have forgotten but it does include about 17,000 free downloads ... movies, tv shows,  books, etc and free shipping when you make any Amazon purchase.

Only mentioning this because someone mentioned Kindle earlier.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
I bought a Kindle Fire when it first came our a year or so ago, but I don't know enough about this stuff to compare one brand from another, but I have been really satisfied with it.

I also purchased the $70  a year 'free stuff' program which name I presently have forgotten but it does include about 17,000 free downloads ... movies, tv shows,  books, etc and free shipping when you make any Amazon purchase.

Only mentioning this because someone mentioned Kindle earlier.

The Kindle Fire is a great device.  and you really can't go wrong with the price too.

Tons of a great apps so hard to list....  It really depends what you are into, I have a bunch of games on my tablet, Plus some productivity apps, and things that I interact with often, like the Dominos Pizza app for Sunday Footbal :-D lol Best Buy, Google Currents is awesome for reading blogs or whatever, Pay Pal, Ebay,Amazon, Sling Player (I have a sling box so I can watch live TV on my tablet), Netflix, apps for the banks I use, IGN
Also, Dragon Mobile Assistant (just launched today), My Xbox Live, IMDB, tapatalk! etv.

One of my fave is splashtop Remote desktop which allows you to access and control your PC remotely. (There's also teamviewer)

I don't work currently in this field, its just a passion of mine, But I'm hoping to change that after my PhD.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC ่ un asino
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

The SIII is the closest I've seen as far as Android replicating the overall smoothness of iOS6.     But, to your questions, you'll have a slight learning curve using Android, but it's pretty intuitive, and you'll be a pro in three weeks or so, once all the iOS macros leave your hands.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 12:41:10 PM »
The SIII is the closest I've seen as far as Android replicating the overall smoothness of iOS6.     But, to your questions, you'll have a slight learning curve using Android, but it's pretty intuitive, and you'll be a pro in three weeks or so, once all the iOS macros leave your hands.

Samsung has a skin over Android which they call "Touch Wiz"  - I normally don't like skins... but they have some really nice features like opening two different apps on one screen and running them side by side!  Its really very cool!

Main thing I don't like about the SIII is the hardware, feels like flimsy plastic!  But I'm used to Motorola's more industrial designs which tend to be pretty rugged and durable!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
When Apple was presenting a side by side of the mini vs. another tablet, was it the samsung?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:46 PM »
When Apple was presenting a side by side of the mini vs. another tablet, was it the samsung?

No it was a Nexus 7.   And although they brought up some good points, it wasn't a fair comparison because they left out some important facts about the Nexus 7.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
Ive used them all and ths is what you want

Phone:Galaxy S3 (running Jellybean)

Mini Tablet:Nexus 7

Full Size Tablet:Ipad 4

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
Ive used them all and ths is what you want

Phone:Galaxy S3 (running Jellybean)

Mini Tablet:Nexus 7

Full Size Tablet:Ipad 4

If you are gonna get 2 android devices, might as well get a third one instead of the ipad 4.... just to maintain a proper balance in the ecosystem.

I'm all about unification :-D  In order to make full use of your products, get all apple or get all android!