Author Topic: Sperm count higher while on cycle than off?  (Read 2231 times)

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
Sperm count higher while on cycle than off?
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
i posted a while back about wife asking me to do a sperm test and if it comes out low i should go off anabolics until she gets pregnant so i took a test while on for a long time and it gave a low but not extremely low count (6.1 million) and then i got off and took pct and waited 6 months to get another test done to see if theres any improvement and now ive gotten retested several times and each time its <1 million.  in other words my sperm count went down 6fold after coming off has this happened to anyone or does it make any sense

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Sperm count higher while on cycle than off?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »
What were you on when you tested the 6.1 million?

8)

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
What were you on when you tested the 6.1 million?

8)

1200 test + 400 tren per week for quite a while

my take on it is that i might have had a naturally low sperm count to begin with <1 million and maybe while I was on the large amount of test allowed me to produce a bit more ie 6.1 million but thats just a very wild guess or maybe i need a minimum amount of testosterone to produce sperm which im not getting right now since my natural production probably not yet recovered

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
What was your pct?

I got off, did hcg 500 eod x 2 weeks, then I did 25 mg clomid every day for 3 months.  After those 3 months my count went from 1 million to 10 million.  I think low dose clomid is the answer.  People often state u need 100 mgs, etc, but there are studies that show that increases ur test too high which then shuts u down...

Good luck!
you are gay.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »
^It doesn't shut you down, its ur own test. It will just revert to ur 'normal' levels after u stop the clomid

And HCG keeps you shut down. HCG is like trt except you are not replacing testosterone but you are replacing LH but as a result it will cause your body to produce ur own test.

Clomid stimulates LH and stimulates the testes.

HCG desynthesis the testes if used for long and loses effectiveness over time.

AIs like letrozole and aromasin also stimulate the testes, cause LH production and thus testosterone... and make the ratio of test:estro more in favour of test.

There's also something called HMG, which is quite expensive and u have to inject alot daily, but it is FSH replacement, which is found to be more responsible for sperm production. This is usually given to people even if they are on to produce sperm.

It's all one crazy yet amazing loopback system. If I were to ever go back to school it would definitely be for medicine and specialize in endocrinology I find this stuff fascinating...

I just hope for OP, he is not like me where I have (for whatever reason) low natural levels :( Or that some kind of damage was done. I had low levels before ever touching any aas.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
Ahmed, you are on HRT, how old are you?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:42:57 AM »
1200 test + 400 tren per week for quite a while

my take on it is that i might have had a naturally low sperm count to begin with <1 million and maybe while I was on the large amount of test allowed me to produce a bit more ie 6.1 million but thats just a very wild guess or maybe i need a minimum amount of testosterone to produce sperm which im not getting right now since my natural production probably not yet recovered
I was on double those mg when I got my girl pregnant in 08

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:26 PM »
I'm 28 and got back on trt this may which is roughly half a year now. Blew up initially as soon as I got back on then torn my rotator cuff, then fasted for a month with ramadan, but rotator cuff still screwed (drastic jump in strength too fast) so I can't train as intensely for some time now and lost those gains, but still feeling great! I was off prior to may for 10 months and prior to those 10 months on trt for one year. Reason I got off was for fertility.

TRT was a game changer for me. Prior to the first trt I had one year of struggling, turned terribly weak and skinny fat. Absolutely terrible as prior to that I never had issues, super strong raging libido, athletic, into sports, etc... then out of no where no matter how i train no matter how i eat, total shit results and no libido/depression.

The 1 year of trt totally changed me and was awesome, within one year went from 196lbs to 194lbs but TOTAL body composition change veiny and lean, my body felt rock solid. Literally doubled and in some cases trippled my strength in exercises. It was SO bad I was before trt struggling with 180lbs deadlifts... HORRIBLE then went to doing 405lbs, not that impressive compared to some but within one year the changes were quite few and drastic for me. The best size wise was for me 36-37" waist and 230lbs, this was 194lbs with 33" waist but real solid and veiny, looked better. My goal ideally is 210-230lbs solid/ripped. :)

Unfortunately when I got off within only two weeks, gained 3" on waist, lost all muscle (had visible broad lats and very broad shoulders) all just went poof... and then that followed 3 months of straight depression. Was on clomid/daa/ai/etc... to set myself to somewhat manageable state. After 10 months produced enough sperm to freeze a bunch and now back on.

So far lost 5" off waist in last 6 months gained some mass and strength, but no where near where I was last year, but hey it takes time and I have to take it easy with the rotator cuff. Never planning to get off ever again as feeling awesome  is awesome :) I had a rollercoaster of fat gain/fat loss and muscle gain/muscle loss in past 3 years.

I recommend those that need it to try to do everything possible to have kids, freeze as much sperm, it's worth it, and then consider trt for sure.