Author Topic: Do you agree ?  (Read 1982 times)

che

• Getbig V
Do you agree ?
« on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »
 “I hate Obama!”

“Bush is an idiot”

“I loathe that Romney.”

How many times have you heard something close to this regarding a candidate for high office?

Too often, probably.

If you have ever said that yourself or have at least thought something like that before, you have just been manipulated by the protectors of our two-party system. Let us explain.

With all the money now flowing into the public sector – both in terms of government largesse and the campaigns to get into power and control all of that wealth – the stakes for ascending to political office have never been higher.

On one hand, negative campaigning is not novel – some of the campaigns from the 19 th century in American were shockingly vile.

The difference is, what separated candidates back then were actual ideas and ideology.
Since government only made up a tiny percentage of the nation’s economy, getting elected was not about a windfall of power, money and largesse, it was about the honor of service and the ability to imprint one’s ideology on the country’s future.

Not anymore.

Now it’s all about power – getting it and retaining it.

We see leadership of both parties completely willing to sacrifice ideology to get elected. Even foreign policy is “in play” now as we have seen with the Libyan crisis and the degeneration of political discourse over that tragic topic.

The proliferation of lobbying money, political action committees and the growth of government itself have made holding high state and most any federal office a valuable position. Yes, there are still some true ideologues in Washington, but not as many as who claim that moniker.

Mostly, our federal government is made up of career politicians who have rigged the game in favor of the status quo and who battle over the head of a pin needle to see who can tip the balance of power toward one party or another.

While voter apathy plagues the nation, the party leaders know exactly what to do get their bases out to vote in November – demonize the opponent. And too many of us fall for it, year after year.

The truth is, there really isn’t that much ideological difference between the two parties. Republicans are allegedly for lower taxes, but they are often guilty of raising them. Democrats are allegedly in favor of civil liberties, but often are guilty of diminishing them..

No, it’s not ideology that separates most candidates from the two major parties. But they create the illusion of big differences so that you will vote AGAINST the other guy. Think about it – in local elections, when you are voting for people you know, you likely are casting your ballot FOR somebody. But too often, in federal elections, it seems like people are as much voting against a candidate. Or, even worse, people hold their nose and vote for the “lesser of two evils.”

Well, if you want the political climate to be a little more sunny and driven by policy and philosophy, not power and largesse, try two things: One, don’t engage in the demonization of candidates. Two, vote for a candidate NOT in one of the two major parties. Oh, we know, Democrats and Republicans will breathlessly chide you for “wasting their vote” in the “most important election of our lifetime.”

Guess what, they claim EVERY election is the most important of our lifetime – that’s the shtick.

The minute people realize that they are being used and manipulated is the day we can move toward getting rid of this dreadful system

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Do you agree ?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
Agree, im going to waste my vote and do a write in ballet for Howard the Duck

fuck the 2 party system

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
I agree Che.

Corporations have worked hard to manufacture the present day candidates from a 2-party system.

I think voters should have more options.

"1"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »
It's a big machine feeding off the gullible individuals willing to let anything go in exchange for hope/change that never comes.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
QFT

''Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. YOU DON’T. You have no choice. . . . Good honest hard-working people  continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a fuck about them. They don’t give a fuck about you, they don’t give a fuck about you. They don’t care about you. AT ALL. AT ALL. AT ALL.”

George Carlin

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
QFT

''Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. YOU DON’T. You have no choice. . . . Good honest hard-working people  continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a fuck about them. They don’t give a fuck about you, they don’t give a fuck about you. They don’t care about you. AT ALL. AT ALL. AT ALL.”

George Carlin
QFT

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »
QFT

George Carlin

This.

Fucking democracy lol
Trans Milkshake.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »
You know before this post I thought you were a typical mindless troll now after reading this I still think you are a mindless troll but you make some awesome political points and I agree 100%, but be warned when BennyB sees it he going to give you all kinds of shit.  Good Luck

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
You know before this post I thought you were a typical mindless troll now after reading this I still think you are a mindless troll but you make some awesome political points and I agree 100%, but be warned when BennyB sees it he going to give you all kinds of shit.  Good Luck

you sir, do not have enough post to address CHE directly

up your thong post before you attempt to make a statement like this again

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
This is what I've been saying. Things won't change, unless we change it, unless we change our communities and neighborhoods. Stop relying on politicians aka the government for everything.
Government officials are supposed to work for us, not the other way around. We are supposed to be their constituents but the reality is, their true constituents are big businesses---that lobby in Washington, the elected officials serve them not us, no Rush or Mike Savage can say otherwise, they just want to confuse the issues and demonize the "opponent"---misdirection serves a purpose.  

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
Ive been a member here since 09 dipshit get off his weiner for a second and realize this was just my way of giving a compliment without being flattering
you sir, do not have enough post to address CHE directly

up your thong post before you attempt to make a statement like this again

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
Ive been a member here since 09 dipshit get off his weiner for a second and realize this was just my way of giving a compliment without being flattering

you been here for 3 years and only post 220 times? you must use Getbig as Jacking off material ,

Weiner  ???  LOL what are you a 70 year old geezer

you sound older then Wes

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
no lol Ive only been married for a few years so I still find my wife extremely hot but I have over the past year found great enjoyment in posting here and reading the post of people who share a sense of humor simular to my own, which is very rare.  In the publics eye I may be a derranged bastard but here im just normal. 

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
no lol Ive only been married for a few years so I still find my wife extremely hot but I have over the past year found great enjoyment in posting here and reading the post of people who share a sense of humor simular to my own, which is very rare.  In the publics eye I may be a derranged bastard but here im just normal. 

Welcome to the party stud  ;D

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
I like Obama and am proud of it.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »

Would you suck his cock if he asked you to?  ???

ill rephrase it

would you be his Clinton Intern ?

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
well ill tell you this I certainly had a lot of hope for the guy and i was proud to be able to see it in my lifetime but he has left me extremely disappointed.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Would you suck his cock if he asked you to?  ???

ill rephrase it

would you be his Clinton Intern ?

I might.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
Vincent: Take comfort in knowing you NEVER had a choice.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
“I hate Obama!”

“Bush is an idiot”

“I loathe that Romney.”

How many times have you heard something close to this regarding a candidate for high office?

Too often, probably.

If you have ever said that yourself or have at least thought something like that before, you have just been manipulated by the protectors of our two-party system. Let us explain.

With all the money now flowing into the public sector – both in terms of government largesse and the campaigns to get into power and control all of that wealth – the stakes for ascending to political office have never been higher.

On one hand, negative campaigning is not novel – some of the campaigns from the 19 th century in American were shockingly vile.

The difference is, what separated candidates back then were actual ideas and ideology.
Since government only made up a tiny percentage of the nation’s economy, getting elected was not about a windfall of power, money and largesse, it was about the honor of service and the ability to imprint one’s ideology on the country’s future.

Not anymore.

Now it’s all about power – getting it and retaining it.

We see leadership of both parties completely willing to sacrifice ideology to get elected. Even foreign policy is “in play” now as we have seen with the Libyan crisis and the degeneration of political discourse over that tragic topic.

The proliferation of lobbying money, political action committees and the growth of government itself have made holding high state and most any federal office a valuable position. Yes, there are still some true ideologues in Washington, but not as many as who claim that moniker.

Mostly, our federal government is made up of career politicians who have rigged the game in favor of the status quo and who battle over the head of a pin needle to see who can tip the balance of power toward one party or another.

While voter apathy plagues the nation, the party leaders know exactly what to do get their bases out to vote in November – demonize the opponent. And too many of us fall for it, year after year.

The truth is, there really isn’t that much ideological difference between the two parties. Republicans are allegedly for lower taxes, but they are often guilty of raising them. Democrats are allegedly in favor of civil liberties, but often are guilty of diminishing them..

No, it’s not ideology that separates most candidates from the two major parties. But they create the illusion of big differences so that you will vote AGAINST the other guy. Think about it – in local elections, when you are voting for people you know, you likely are casting your ballot FOR somebody. But too often, in federal elections, it seems like people are as much voting against a candidate. Or, even worse, people hold their nose and vote for the “lesser of two evils.”

Well, if you want the political climate to be a little more sunny and driven by policy and philosophy, not power and largesse, try two things: One, don’t engage in the demonization of candidates. Two, vote for a candidate NOT in one of the two major parties. Oh, we know, Democrats and Republicans will breathlessly chide you for “wasting their vote” in the “most important election of our lifetime.”

Guess what, they claim EVERY election is the most important of our lifetime – that’s the shtick.

The minute people realize that they are being used and manipulated is the day we can move toward getting rid of this dreadful system

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 03:50:16 AM »
I voted for Roos Perot, Bush Twice because I was from MA and knew wat a wonk Kerry was and cmon gore? and will vote Romney because Ron Paul who I voted for in the primary is not here, and Gary Johnson who is awesome will probably not get enuf votes to becoem president.  Sadly I am in CA among the commies so my vote won't matter much.  I think smaller government means richer freeer population with less cronying.  I think ayn rand was mostly on the money.   I don't get how people can want thinks better and cheaper and more medical care yet 23,000,000 are unemployed??? can't they be hired to do medical at least????  fed has gota be stopped also in my opinon something that was not in debates whatsoever.   mt 2 cents..

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:11 AM »
Agree, im going to waste my vote and do a write in ballet for Howard the Duck

fuck the 2 party system

Haha legendary!
Donald Duck gets lot of votes here too, another always famous is mickey mouse...
Plus picture of vagina  ;D ;D