Author Topic: Obama lead in Virginia up to 5 points  (Read 976 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama lead in Virginia up to 5 points
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »
Source: Public Policy Polling

A new Public Policy Polling survey in Virginia, conducted on behalf of Health Care for America Now, finds Barack Obama expanding his lead in the aftermath of his debate victory Monday night. He now has 51% to 46% for Mitt Romney, up from a 49/47 advantage last weekend.

Obama’s seen a 7 point net improvement in his favorability rating among Virginia voters from a -3 spread last week (48/51) to now +4 at 51/47. Romney’s numbers have headed in the other direction. He’s dropped 7 points from a +2 spread on our last poll (49/47) to now -5 at 46/51.

Read more: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama lead in Virginia up to 5 points
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »
National grassroots campaign for quality, affordable health care people can count on, working for the Obama plan for health care reform in 2009..................ke ep trying Blacken.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »
National grassroots campaign for quality, affordable health care people can count on, working for the Obama plan for health care reform in 2009..................ke ep trying Blacken.

polling showiong obama ahead, bad,polling showing romney ahead, good  you guys are tooooo much  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D never seen a bunch like it,shit you guys couldn't even admit obama won the last 2 debates  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
No dipshit...I use RCP....all the polls or should I say real polls...all averaged out. They have it a tie...end of story for me.
L

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »

polling showiong obama ahead, bad,polling showing romney ahead, good  you guys are tooooo much  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D never seen a bunch like it,shit you guys couldn't even admit obama won the last 2 debates  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Look who's talking!!

You used the Rasmussen swing state poll and posted it all over the place, when Obama was ahead....FOR ONE DAY.

When Romney regained the lead, you dropped Rasmussen's SS poll like a bad habit and haven't touched since then.

We admitted he won the last two debates; what you guys couldn't admit that those wins did almost nothing to help his campaign.

Romney won one debate, jumped ahead of Obama, and has been riding high for weeks.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »
Look who's talking!!

You used the Rasmussen swing state poll and posted it all over the place, when Obama was ahead....FOR ONE DAY.

When Romney regained the lead, you dropped Rasmussen's SS poll like a bad habit and haven't touched since then.

We admitted he won the last two debates; what you guys couldn't admit that those wins did almost nothing to help his campaign.

Romney won one debate, jumped ahead of Obama, and has been riding high for weeks.

polling showiong obama ahead, bad,polling showing romney ahead, good  you guys are tooooo much   never seen a bunch like it,shit you guys couldn't even admit obama won the last 2 debates   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »

polling showiong obama ahead, bad,polling showing romney ahead, good  you guys are tooooo much   never seen a bunch like it,shit you guys couldn't even admit obama won the last 2 debates   

Rasmussen shows Obama up.....GOOD. Next day (and nearly every day since then) Rasmussen shows Romney up....Blacken won't touch Rasmussen anymore.

And, O ye who lacks comprehension, I said Obama won....BIG DEAL. It didn't do JACK for his campaign fortunes (and the internals of the same polls that said he won prove it).

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:39:32 AM »
Rasmussen shows Obama up.....GOOD. Next day (and nearly every day since then) Rasmussen shows Romney up....Blacken won't touch Rasmussen anymore.

And, O ye who lacks comprehension, I said Obama won....BIG DEAL. It didn't do JACK for his campaign fortunes (and the internals of the same polls that said he won prove it).

well the polls are disagreeing with you,but will have to take hannity's word, i mean your word on this  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

well the polls are disagreeing with you,but will have to take hannity's word, i mean your word on this  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The polls are doing no such thing. Since Romney's debate, he jumped ahead of Obama on the RCP electoral map, effectively tied it in Rasmussen's EC map

And he hit 50% in both Gallup and Rasmussen......AFTER Obama won those two debates.

Not to mention, more recent polls have it TIED in Iowa, Ohio and, now MICHIGAN (a state Obama should have clinched long ago).

At least one polling firm has pulled out of NC, FL, and VA, claiming Romney is on the way to clinching those.

And, of course, the Rasmussen swing state poll (which you seemed to adore ten days ago....for all of 24 hours) has Romney up 4.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
The polls are doing no such thing. Since Romney's debate, he jumped ahead of Obama on the RCP electoral map, effectively tied it in Rasmussen's EC map

And he hit 50% in both Gallup and Rasmussen......AFTER Obama won those two debates.

Not to mention, more recent polls have it TIED in Iowa, Ohio and, now MICHIGAN (a state Obama should have clinched long ago).

At least one polling firm has pulled out of NC, FL, and VA, claiming Romney is on the way to clinching those.

And, of course, the Rasmussen swing state poll (which you seemed to adore ten days ago....for all of 24 hours) has Romney up 4.

lets go over your lies one at a time

obama did get a bounce if you look at the gallup web page obama is trending up and romney down
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

you say Iowa, Ohio and, now MICHIGAN are tie
ohio2.1  obama
mich 4  obama
iowa  2 obama

you say Romney is on the way to clinching these states  , FL, and VA
florida 1.8 romney
virginia tie

so how is romney on the way to clinching florida with a 1.8 romney lead and virginia tie, and then you say mich at 4 obama,, ohio at 2.1 obama, iowa 2 obama   are tied.   and i used your polling source rcp

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »

As James Carville has stated before, if Democratic strongholds like MI and Iowa are needing to be defended....Obama is in trouble. We won't know until the last vote is counted but Romney has gained huge with women, white voters, independents and now suburban voters.

I think it will be close but the trend is on Romney's side at the moment. With 2 weeks to go he is peaking at the right time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »

lets go over your lies one at a time

obama did get a bounce if you look at the gallup web page obama is trending up and romney down
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Strike one.

Obama got no bounce from either of those two debates. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2012/10/21/with_no_bounce_obama_forecast_gets_cloudier_293777.html

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/6011/20121024/presidential-polls-2012-post-debate-bounce-obama.htm

Not to mention, after the second debate, Romney broke 50% in Gallup; after the 3rd debate, he broke 50% in Rasmussen.

Translation: NO BOUNCE.

you say Iowa, Ohio and, now MICHIGAN are tie
ohio2.1  obama
mich 4  obama
iowa  2 obama

Once again, your inability to read rears its ugly head.

What I said: more recent polls have it TIED in Iowa, Ohio and, now MICHIGAN (a state Obama should have clinched long ago).

Drum roll please.........

Ohio: 48-48 TIE (Rasmussen)
Iowa: 48-48 TIE (Rasmussen)
Michigan: 47-47 TIE (Baydoun/Foster)

Strike two for you, Blacken

you say Romney is on the way to clinching these states  , FL, and VA
florida 1.8 romney
virginia tie

so how is romney on the way to clinching florida with a 1.8 romney lead and virginia tie, and then you say mich at 4 obama,, ohio at 2.1 obama, iowa 2 obama   are tied.   and i used your polling source rcp

Again, Hooked on Phonics is your friend.

That would be Suffolk polling, who made that declaration. They have not changed their statement (at least not as of Tuesday).

In North Carolina, Rasmussen has Romney up 6 in NC. It also has Romney up 5 in Virginia and Florida.

With Vince complaining that some of the RCP polls are "ancient" and that some companies have stopped polling in certain states, I gave the reasons why such is the case.

BTW, Obama also has no new ad buys in NC.

That's why I made the statements I did. Regarding Florida again, of the 5 polls that make up the RCP average there, Obama only lead in on BY ONE.

Recap - What did Obama get for his two "wins"?

- His opponent breaks 50% in Gallup and Rasmussen
- North Carolina moves from "toss-up" to "Lean Romney"
- Polling firms leaving three southeastern swing states (with no new ad buys in at least one of them).
- Polls with the race TIED, in states that are normally bluer than herd of Smurfs.
- Gender gap with women, all but ERASED.

And, to top it all off, we now learn that, according to a recent Rasmussen poll, people see ROMNEY as the overall winner of the debates, 49-41.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/october_2012/who_won_the_debates_49_say_romney_41_obama

So as far as your quips go, SSSSSTTTTRRRRRIIIKKKKKEE EEE THREE!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
As James Carville has stated before, if Democratic strongholds like MI and Iowa are needing to be defended....Obama is in trouble. We won't know until the last vote is counted but Romney has gained huge with women, white voters, independents and now suburban voters.

I think it will be close but the trend is on Romney's side at the moment. With 2 weeks to go he is peaking at the right time.

SPEAKING of Romney's gains with women.......

Romney Erases Obama Lead Among Women

WASHINGTON (AP) -- What gender gap?

Less than two weeks out from Election Day, Republican Mitt Romney has erased President Barack Obama's 16-point advantage among women, a new Associated Press-GfK poll shows. And the president, in turn, has largely eliminated Romney's edge among men.

Those churning gender dynamics leave the presidential race still a virtual dead heat, with Romney favored by 47 percent of likely voters and Obama by 45 percent, a result within the poll's margin of sampling error, the survey shows.

After a commanding first debate performance and a generally good month, Romney has gained ground with Americans on a number of important fronts, including their confidence in how he would handle the economy and their impressions of his ability to understand their problems.

At the same time, expectations that Obama will be re-elected have slipped: Half of voters now expect the president to win a second term, down from 55 percent a month earlier.

For all of the good news for Republicans, however, what matters most in the election endgame is Romney's standing in the handful of states whose electoral votes still are up for grabs. And polls in a number of those battleground states still appear to favor Obama.

As the election nears, Romney has been playing down social issues and trying to project a more moderate stance on matters such as abortion in an effort to court female voters. The AP-GfK poll, taken Friday through Tuesday, shows Romney pulling even with Obama among women at 47-47 after lagging by 16 points a month earlier.

But now his campaign is grappling with the fallout from a comment by a Romney-endorsed Senate candidate in Indiana, who said that when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape "that's something God intended."

Romney quickly distanced himself from the remark by Republican Richard Mourdock. But Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the incident was "a reminder that a Republican Congress working with a Republican President Mitt Romney would feel that women should not be able to make choices about their own health care."

A renewed focus on social issues would be an unwelcome development for Romney: Among female likely voters, 55 percent say Obama would make the right decisions on women's issues, compared with 41 percent who think Romney would.

Romney's pitch to women has been focused squarely on the economy, making the case that what women want most is to ensure their families and their country are on a solid financial footing. The poll shows that message appears to be taking root.

A month ago, women favored Obama over Romney on the economy 56 percent to 40 percent. Now, the split has shifted to 49 percent for Romney and 45 percent for Obama.

Similarly, Obama's lead among women as the candidate who better understands the people's problems has narrowed considerably, from a 58-36 Obama advantage last month to a 50-43 Obama edge now.

Monica Jensen, a 55-year-old independent from Mobile, Ala., says she voted for Obama in 2008 but will shift her vote to Romney this time, largely because of the economy.

"I'm ready for a change," she said. "I want to see the economy go in a different direction."

Ginny Lewis, a Democrat and 72-year-old retired district attorney from Princeton, Ky., says she'll vote for Romney because "I'm tired of the Republicans blaming all the debt on Democrats, so let them take over and see what they do."

Not that she's optimistic about how that will turn out, though. "I think things will get worse before they get better," she said.

Lindsey Hornbaker, a 25-year-old graduate student and nanny, hasn't been swayed by Romney's charm offensive.

Hornbaker, interviewed Wednesday in Davenport, Iowa, where she was attending an Obama rally, said Romney can tweak his tone but not what she sees as a record focused far more on top income earners and out of touch with most working families.

"I heard him go out of his way to sound so moderate during the debate," she said. "And I thought: 'Who is this? Where did this come from?' He may sound like he's focused on the middle class. But where's the record?"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/25/romney_erases_obama_lead_among_women_115915.html

Romney really doesn't have to pull even with women. If he gets within 5-8, he'll do fine. The canyon-sized chasm that Romney has over Obama with men will more than compensate for that.

When Ed Schultz nearly blows a gasket, yelling at female voters because far too many ain't buying the "War on Women" BS, you KNOW there are major problems in the Obama camp.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »
keep spinning i went by your favorate polling source :D :D :D :D :D :D   typ. repub has a hard time telling the truth :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
this is a really interesting election leadup!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
keep spinning i went by your favorate polling source :D :D :D :D :D :D   typ. repub has a hard time telling the truth :D

Try again, ID crisis boy.

I cited the specifics of my claims and back them up with references. And, since NOWHERE did I claim that all of the information I cited came solely for RCP, your bleating gets sliced up again.

Meanwhile, you keep scrounging, looking for the latest polling bandwagon on which to jump. And when that falls flat on you and your silly musings, you'll scrape for another.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
i used your polling source to show your wrong ,you just ran around to find sources to fit your agenda,i'm suprised you didn't use joes pool hall
 :D :D :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
i used your polling source to show your wrong ,you just ran around to find sources to fit your agenda,i'm suprised you didn't use joes pool hall
 :D :D :D

Not even close. Where does RCP say that Rasmussen doesn't have Romney up 5 in Florid, again?

Or:

Ohio: 48-48 TIE (Rasmussen)
Iowa: 48-48 TIE (Rasmussen)
Michigan: 47-47 TIE (Baydoun/Foster)

Where does RCP refute that again, genius?

or

- His opponent breaks 50% in Gallup and Rasmussen
- North Carolina moves from "toss-up" to "Lean Romney"
- Polling firms leaving three southeastern swing states (with no new ad buys in at least one of them).
- Polls with the race TIED, in states that are normally bluer than herd of Smurfs.
- Gender gap with women, all but ERASED.

And RCP refutes that WHERE?

The more you talk, the dumber you sound. Change back to Whork; at least you can pretend you actually have some sense.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/va/virginia_romney_vs_obama-1774.html

RCP average has Romney up 1.4pts at the moment.

The only 5pt Obama lead I see is from the CBS/NYT/Quinnipiac poll that has him up 5, but that poll is current up to  10/9.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
the rcp site uses an average, that's your site not mine,you know how it works,you just ran around and found polls to fit your agenda typ hack. i used your site to show your full of hannity  :D :D :D :D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
the rcp site uses an average, that's your site not mine,you know how it works,you just ran around and found polls to fit your agenda typ hack. i used your site to show your full of hannity  :D :D :D :D

It shows the average but also lists the polls that the averages is comprised of. It isn't all that hard to comprehend.

They numbers are all listed there for you to see and digest, there are even links provided to the polls website as well.

The story of Virginia is a simple one, Obama was leading for the entire month of August and September in all polling. In late September he lost the lead and momentum and now Romney is ahead in most of the polls.

Also, the polls you are using are included in the RCP averages so I'm not sure what your contention is.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
so I'm not sure what your contention is.

His contention is that he is a hard headed moron.