Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 18, 2014, 07:32:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East coast getbiggers: Hurricane plans?  (Read 1622 times)
MP
Getbig IV

Heavy metal. The only way.

« on: October 26, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

What are your plans for when we get walloped by this storm?

I'm banking on not having power for days, so I already booked a hotel room for next week (most are pretty much gone already in my area).

One day I'll get a generator, but until then, these storms we keep getting hit with are one big hassle.

Need to figure out where I'll be storing all the frozen protein when the power goes out (bodybuilding-related).
Report to moderator   Logged
Maddy
Getbig IV

Getbigs Watchdog

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »

gen
er
a
tor
get one
WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAKHww9wPo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAKHww9wPo</a>
Red Hook
Getbig IV

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »

put on a pink sparkly thong and do most muscular poses until the storm passes.

I
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »

A few years back four hurricanes hit my state one right after another.  After that I can take anything!  Following one storm my neighborhood was without power for 14 days.  Honda generators are my favorite.  Get the 2000 if you are on a budget; get the 3000 if you want to upgrade.  If you live in FL and you can afford it, consider getting a whole house generator!  You can't do that on the cheap, but you'll be the envy of your neighbors, friends, and relatives when the power goes out for miles!  Grin

* eu2000-large.jpg (22.34 KB, 380x373 - viewed 385 times.)

* eu3000.jpg (20.72 KB, 351x349 - viewed 397 times.)
SF1900
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 10:40:49 PM »

Ever since Hurricane Katrina destroyed NO, the weather people have been especially anal about every rain or snow. If its going to snow 2 inches, the weather people are all like, "OH MY GOD, ITS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE" Then people panic and run out and buy water, batteries and all this other garbage, and it winds up snowing 2 inches or raining for 20 minutes. Just trying to cover their asses so they don't get ridiculed for not warning people.

I hate seeing all these savages in grocery stores pushing and shoving to buy the last bottle of water. Seriously? You can probably get to the store an hour after the so called "storm." It reminds me of people who go to Walmart around Christmas.
Nomad
Getbig IV

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »

water
protein shakes

one reeeses peanut butter ice cream

all drugs - TPPIIP
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 10:45:30 PM »

power goes out.

sit in the kiddy pool playing acoustic guitar and drinking all day.   It's the life that many of us would love to enjoy all of the time.

Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

The only thing I went to the store for was milk for my coffee.

I took some of the stuff I don't want ruined to my storage unit. I'm in a basement apartment some blocks from a river so I need to pack a bag in case I have to get out for a while.
stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »

Stationed in Hawaii  during hurricanes and tsunami warnings ....

The stores immediately run out of two things  .....

Rice and toilet paper!

And a vast number run to the nearest beach to watch the tsunami ...many wuth surfboards.

During a recent major storm and tsunami alert too many tourists and long time residents attempted to drive  out of Waikiki to seek the potential safety of higher ground and found themselves sitting out the next 4 to five hours in a traffif jam only a few yards from their residence.

A tsunami such as the one that hit Japan has never occured in Hawaii nor on the  west coast of the USA but I  understand that a tsunami  of that force is possible.

Hilo on the Big Island did suffer a lot of damage nd loss of lives in the 1940's though and it's interesting to see thev "breakwater" that was built to prevent that problrm in the future but after seeing that Japan tsunami and te destruction it caused, it appears that our efforts are useless if it were ever to happen aain.

Early Warning appears to be the main 'solution' but people will always want to run off to the beach to watch.
SF1900
Getbig V

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »

The late-season storm has been dubbed "Frankenstorm" by some weather watchers because it will combine elements of a tropical cyclone and a winter storm. Forecast models show it will have all the ingredients to morph into a massive and potentially catastrophic "super storm."
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »

Grin

* 168 lb anvil.jpg (348.99 KB, 1708x1184 - viewed 306 times.)
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 08:49:22 AM »

A few years back four hurricanes hit my state one right after another.  After that I can take anything!  Following one storm my neighborhood was without power for 14 days.  Honda generators are my favorite.  Get the 2000 if you are on a budget; get the 3000 if you want to upgrade.  If you live in FL and you can afford it, consider getting a whole house generator!  You can't do that on the cheap, but you'll be the envy of your neighbors, friends, and relatives when the power goes out for miles!  Grin
Why was I under the impression you lived in California?
BayGBM
Getbig V

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »

Why was I under the impression you lived in California?

Are you really paying attention to (and remembering) where dozens of getbiggers live?  Why? Huh
Irongrip400
Getbig V

Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »

I'm having people over tonight. I live less than a half mile from the ocean, and about 300 yards from deep water access. I always lose power in my neighborhood. I'm putting an addition on for my kid that's on the way, and am buying a 17kw natural gas generator when I do. It's on then. How's the kid coming Shockwave?
Snorlax
Getbig II

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »

LOL

those are fuckin pieces of shit

if you're a real ballin getbigger you go generac

Snorlax
Getbig II

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »

What are you gonna recharge your dildo with that little thing? Huh Grin
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »

Are you really paying attention to (and remembering) where dozens of getbiggers live?  Why? Huh
Not really, just thought I remembered you talking about living in Cali.
lovemonkey
Getbig V

Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »

lmao as if you're not the one digging up quotes from 2007-2009 about peoples credit scores and shit.

from incomplete data
HTexan
Getbig V

Heath must lose!!

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 09:36:13 AM »

You cant used that inside without venting  tho. Good for after , well, if it doesn't get looted.  Grin

A
mass243
Getbig V

!

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »

Everyone will be looting !!

Only those with the biggest guns will survive.

P
airosol
Getbig V

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

your name is bay. Implying that you live In "the bay area."  calm down. Cher will tour again soon I'm sure

grapefruit holder
SF1900
Getbig V

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »

I also thought Bay was from Cali  Huh Huh
NarcissisticDeity
Getbig V

I dont care what Ronnie says bc hes not a credible

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »

Everyone will be looting !!

Only those with the biggest guns will survive.

Cool

* zz23.jpg (242.5 KB, 1100x825 - viewed 266 times.)
tommywishbone
Competitors II
Getbig V

Biscuit

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »

Smiley

* looting.jpg (246.15 KB, 240x350 - viewed 266 times.)

P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!