Author Topic: To all republican voters: If your wife is raped are you ready to provide ft kid?  (Read 5075 times)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Seriously?   This is what the left wants to talk about less than two weeks before voting?  Pregnancies from rape?

Skyrocketing deficeits...  The economy is stuck in neutral...barely growing at all. U-6 Unemployment stuck at 14.6%.  Obamacare forcing employers to add to to that number by taking more workers from full time to part time status.  The American Ambassador to Libya is murdered in Libya...the President ordering forces on the ground and in the air to stand down when a respnse likely would have saved thier lives.  Executing American citizens abroad...one a 16 year-old boy...without a trial.  Establishing a "kill list" of people to be murdered in cold blood without the benefit of a trial.  Exporting terrorism to Mexico via "Fast and Furious"...resulting in the deaths of hundreds of Mexican nationals.

There's so much to discuss...yet you folks want to focus on pregnancies resulting from rape?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Seriously?   This is what the left wants to talk about less than two weeks before voting?  Pregnancies from rape?

Skyrocketing deficeits...  The economy is stuck in neutral...barely growing at all. U-6 Unemployment stuck at 14.6%.  Obamacare forcing employers to add to to that number by taking more workers from full time to part time status.  The American Ambassador to Libya is murdered in Libya...the President ordering forces on the ground and in the air to stand down when a respnse likely would have saved thier lives.  Executing American citizens abroad...one a 16 year-old boy...without a trial.  Establishing a "kill list" of people to be murdered in cold blood without the benefit of a trial.  Exporting terrorism to Mexico via "Fast and Furious"...resulting in the deaths of hundreds of Mexican nationals.

There's so much to discuss...yet you folks want to focus on pregnancies resulting from rape?  

Its part of the Republican platform so of course its a serious topic. 
If Romney is elected he will appoint justices that will overturn Roe v Wade so you could very eell be required to watch your wife be forced to give birth to the child of her raapists. 
Will you be thinking much about the deficit if you were in that situation

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Seriously?   This is what the left wants to talk about less than two weeks before voting?  Pregnancies from rape?

I thought I read somewhere that abortion was the #1 issue for women in polls - not the economy.  I dunno if it's true.

if so, Romney can have a HUGE effect upon abortion laws in the USA if he has a repub senate and house - he will prob appoint TWO justices.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I'd just dump the kid off at a fire station. Problem solved.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I thought I read somewhere that abortion was the #1 issue for women in polls - not the economy.  I dunno if it's true.

if so, Romney can have a HUGE effect upon abortion laws in the USA if he has a repub senate and house - he will prob appoint TWO justices.
^^^^^^^^^^
Republicans would prefer if you didn't notice this
Only problem is that people in their party keep talking about it and the reason they keep talking about it is because its a very important topic to them and in fact probably THEMOST IMPORTANT TOPIC for many of them

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I'd just dump the kid off at a fire station. Problem solved.

Before doing that you'd have to watch your wife be forced by the state to give birth to the child and you'll also probably have to pay for it to (a the very least up to the amount of your deductible on your insurance.....if you eeven have insurance)

Would you be fine with that too

What if it was your wife but your 15 yearold daughter?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Before doing that you'd have to watch your wife be forced by the state to give birth to the child and you'll also probably have to pay for it to (a the very least up to the amount of your deductible on your insurance.....if you eeven have insurance)

Would you be fine with that too

What if it was your wife but your 15 yearold daughter?
Dump that bitch off at the fire station. Problem solved.

BTW your sarcasm detector is broke as fuck dude.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
^^^^^^^^^^
Republicans would prefer if you didn't notice this
Only problem is that people in their party keep talking about it and the reason they keep talking about it is because its a very important topic to them and in fact probably THEMOST IMPORTANT TOPIC for many of them

Really? Why does this shit come up every election cycle? For 3 1/2 years no one talks about it. And more importantly why is the federal government even involved? This is clearly an issue to be decided on by the states.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Really? Why does this shit come up every election cycle? For 3 1/2 years no one talks about it. And more importantly why is the federal government even involved? This is clearly an issue to be decided on by the states.

well, if you have 1/2 the states allowing abortion and 1/2 the states not allowing it, then it's allowed as a nation.   If you have ONE state that offers it, then people will fly there from all over the country.

Repubs believe state-by-state works for other issues - but not this one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Dump that bitch off at the fire station. Problem solved.

BTW your sarcasm detector is broke as fuck dude.

yeah, I missed the sarcasm on that one

it's hard to tell because on this topic people have such crazy beliefs that I can see someone saying that and being completely serious

Kazan

• Getbig V
well, if you have 1/2 the states allowing abortion and 1/2 the states not allowing it, then it's allowed as a nation.   If you have ONE state that offers it, then people will fly there from all over the country.

Repubs believe state-by-state works for other issues - but not this one.

If it was simply a states issue, this would not be a political football. More non sense to divide the masses at Federal Election time.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

great question

why do Republicans keep bringing it up, saying crazy shit and then getting indignant when their craziness is pointed out

I believe they bring it up because it's the most important topic to them and when you look at what they've been spending their time on for the last two years you can see by their actions that it's important to them

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If it was simply a states issue, this would not be a political football. More non sense to divide the masses at Federal Election time.

So many repub politicians have probs with this issue.  Romney changes two SCOTUS's to far right, and row vs wade is history.  If you support it, if you hate it, whatever - Romney will have the power to end it in the USA.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

even easier, if anyone who is opposed to abortion just chose not to get one and stopped forcing their personal religious beliefs on the rest of us then it would be a total non-issue

240 is Back

• Getbig V
this issue is very important to the tea party 2010 congress, and their donors.  They have passed dozens of symbolic bills.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
this issue is very important to the tea party 2010 congress, and their donors.  They have passed dozens of symbolic bills.

yes but please stop talking about it

they'd prefer it you didn't notice

Kazan

• Getbig V
even easier, if anyone who is opposed to abortion just chose not to get one and stopped forcing their personal religious beliefs on the rest of us then it would be a total non-issue

It needs to be decided by the states, I personally think abortion is a disgusting practice, but it is up to the person to decide and live with the consequence.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It needs to be decided by the states, I personally think abortion is a disgusting practice, but it is up to the person to decide and live with the consequence.

by what rationale

it went all the way to the Supreme Court already

what's the point of the Supreme Court

240 is Back

• Getbig V

No, the repub platform is states right - EXCEPT on abortion.  Remember when Cain got into hot water and had to correct himself?   Dems would LOVE states rights on abortion - so what if it's outlawed in 40 states if you can have it without restriction in 10 states?  

It HAS to be a nationwide ruling - I agree with repubs on that point.  If one state allowed 8th month abortions, then people from the other 49 would fly there.

Kazan

• Getbig V
by what rationale

it went all the way to the Supreme Court already

what's the point of the Supreme Court
Because it is not a constitutional mandate of the federal government. And since it is not it is a state issue.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
No, the repub platform is states right - EXCEPT on abortion.  Remember when Cain got into hot water and had to correct himself?   Dems would LOVE states rights on abortion - so what if it's outlawed in 40 states if you can have it without restriction in 10 states?  

It HAS to be a nationwide ruling - I agree with repubs on that point.  If one state allowed 8th month abortions, then people from the other 49 would fly there.

And that is the reason why we have states with their own local governments. If we are just going to let the federal government decide everything, why elected local officials?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Because it is not a constitutional mandate of the federal government. And since it is not it is a state issue.

how about things like segregation

should that be a states issue too?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
And that is the reason why we have states with their own local governments. If we are just going to let the federal government decide everything, why elected local officials?

i have to side with repubs on this one.

What if one morning, kentucky decided that the legal age to have sex was 12?   People would visit kentucky to bang 6th graders. 

What if Cali legalized pot sales?  Peoople would drive there once a month and fill their trunk and take it home.

Some things will spread to other states.  we don't live in colonial times anymore.  Someone can drive and bang 12 year olds and buy a garbage bag of weed, because of extremists in some areas - that's not something we can accept as a nation - i can't believe i'm agreeing with the repubs on overriding states rights lol, I suck.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Abortion was legal prior to Roe vs Wade....laws varied from state to state.  New York's laws were the most Liberal...by far... and it did lead to a number of people traveling to NY.  That's not really unusual...there have been a number of laws on a number of topics that varied from state to state and shaped behavoir.  I live on the border of OH and MI....for awhile MI was 18+ for all kinds of booze.  Ohio kids went north.  When MI went to 21+ but OH allowed 19+ for beer and wine, MI kids headed south.  For awhile, WV had better welfare than KY....KY was giving welfare recipients $$$ if they promsed to leave the state and move to WV.

The republic survived....

Re the court and abortion.  Abortion could still exist if Roe vs Wade is struck down.  It simply wouldn't be a fed issue any longer.  Would Roe vs Wade be struck down?  History suggests otherwise....in Planned parenthood vsCasey (1992) Three Reagan/Bush appointees voted to uphold abortion rights.   I'm no legal scholar...but I think the principle of Stare Decisis would make overturning Roe vs Wade a tough hill to climb.

240 is right...a plurality of women 39% in a gallup poll list abortion as their top issue.  Having said that...I do think it odd to be spendng so much time on an issue that appeals to a bloc of voters that are supposed to be in your pocket already.   :)