Author Topic: To all republican voters: If your wife is raped are you ready to provide ft kid?  (Read 5080 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Abortion was legal prior to Roe vs Wade....laws varied from state to state.  New York's laws were the most Liberal...by far... and it did lead to a number of people traveling to NY.  That's not really unusual...there have been a number of laws on a number of topics that varied from state to state and shaped behavoir.  I live on the border of OH and MI....for awhile MI was 18+ for all kinds of booze.  Ohio kids went north.  When MI went to 21+ but OH allowed 19+ for beer and wine, MI kids headed south.  For awhile, WV had better welfare than KY....KY was giving welfare recipients $$$ if they promsed to leave the state and move to WV.

The republic survived....

Re the court and abortion.  Abortion could still exist if Roe vs Wade is struck down.  It simply wouldn't be a fed issue any longer.  Would Roe vs Wade be struck down?  History suggests otherwise....in Planned parenthood vsCasey (1992) Three Reagan/Bush appointees voted to uphold abortion rights.   I'm no legal scholar...but I think the principle of Stare Decisis would make overturning Roe vs Wade a tough hill to climb.

240 is right...a plurality of women 39% in a gallup poll list abortion as their top issue.  Having said that...I do think it odd to be spendng so much time on an issue that appeals to a bloc of voters that are supposed to be in your pocket already.   :)

so the Court never should have heard Roe V Wade?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
WTF?  Where did I say that?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
WTF?  Where did I say that?   

well how else did it become national law ?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
how about things like segregation

should that be a states issue too?

What does that have to do with abortion? You want to discuss states rights start a thread about it
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
I personally blame jon stewartman for obama.

Dummies watch this show for news.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
well how else did it become national law ?

Again...wtf?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What does that have to do with abortion? You want to discuss states rights start a thread about it

I don't think it should be a state by state issue

It used to be one until Roe v. Wade

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Abortion is the holy sacrament to the left.   Killing their kids and marrying members of the same sex is all that matters to the radical left     

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Dump that bitch off at the fire station. Problem solved.

BTW your sarcasm detector is broke as fuck dude.

Good post  ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Dump that bitch off at the fire station. Problem solved.

BTW your sarcasm detector is broke as fuck dude.

Cut 'em some slack, if you've been on this board long enough a lot of your "detectors" and such will be blown to smithereens.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
I'd just dump the kid off at a fire station. Problem solved.

this

POB

• Getbig IV
Abortion is the holy sacrament to the left.   Killing their kids and marrying members of the same sex is all that matters to the radical left    

Abortion= her body her choice

Gays= call it something other then "marriage" if you want,but they should have same benefits/tax write offs as married people.

^ why would you even care about the above 2 if it doesn't affect u anyway?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Gays= call it something other then "marriage" if you want,but they should have same benefits/tax write offs as married people.
I tend to agree with this.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

^ why would you even care about the above 2 if it doesn't affect you anyway?

That's what I'm wondering.

No one cares about issues like the Patriot Act that actually do effect our rights, but when it comes to abortion and gay marriage which aren't really rights people go nuts.

I remember reading in Freakonomics how Roe V Wade caused crime rates to drop in the 90's.  That's pretty interesting

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Seriously?   This is what the left wants to talk about less than two weeks before voting?  Pregnancies from rape?

Skyrocketing deficeits...  The economy is stuck in neutral...barely growing at all. U-6 Unemployment stuck at 14.6%.  Obamacare forcing employers to add to to that number by taking more workers from full time to part time status.  The American Ambassador to Libya is murdered in Libya...the President ordering forces on the ground and in the air to stand down when a respnse likely would have saved thier lives.  Executing American citizens abroad...one a 16 year-old boy...without a trial.  Establishing a "kill list" of people to be murdered in cold blood without the benefit of a trial.  Exporting terrorism to Mexico via "Fast and Furious"...resulting in the deaths of hundreds of Mexican nationals.

There's so much to discuss...yet you folks want to focus on pregnancies resulting from rape?  

I would venture a guess that much of the female population in this country believe rape and pregnancy are rather important issues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I would venture a guess that much of the female population in this country believe rape and pregnancy are rather important issues.

So are feeding themselves and survival - hence why Romney closed the female GAP     ;D  ;D  ;D

POB

• Getbig IV
I tend to agree with this.

Me to its fair