Author Topic: Platz "Steroid Secrets of Pro Bodybuilders Revealed" VHS  (Read 57297 times)

aussie_wanna_b_big

• Getbig II
  • Lifes too short to be small
Re: Platz "Steroid Secrets of Pro Bodybuilders Revealed" VHS
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2005, 06:46:30 PM »
Tell us, does Lee claim not to use testosterone? If so then it's not worth buying because anyone that knows anything about the darkside of bodybuilding would laugh at him saying that.

LOL! What the f uck is your problem??? Lee has been honest about everything else.  He even risks fines and suspension for telling the cold hard truth that no-one else has the balls to say.  Why would he lie about using test???

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2005, 06:50:31 PM »
I don't know Lee but I can tell you guys that it is not totally impossible that he does not take any test. I used to speak with Vic Richards a lot a few years ago and he was very fond of tren and all of the lower androgenic steroids. He basically said that if you go up high enough on the dosages you would get better overall cleaner gains. With tren being the exception. Also, some people like tren way better than test so theoretically there might not ever be any need for test.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2005, 07:40:13 PM »
Can't anyone train natural these days?  Is it really that hard.
Once you put drugs in the equation, it's just a matter of how much for how long.  I don't see the satisfaction in making drug gains?  If almost everyone who takes gear gains 20lbs rather easily, then where is the big challenge here?  Forget about the health risks, which I believe are overhyped.  I always felt bodybuilding should be about pushing "yourself" to the limit.  Taking a bunch of shit to get big, there really is no tremendous challenge.  Look around any gym and you'll see tons of second rate juicers looking mediocre...it's not very hard.  I give credit to anyone who trains hard, diets well, and is consistent for a long period of time.  Now a days, nobody seems to be able to accomplish anything natural.  To me, it's pretty sad.
Nothing wrong with hitting some gear, but it seems like people use gear as a crutch, rather than something to enhance their training lifestyle.  And again, where is the satisfaction of knowing the route of your gains are because of what drug you took?  Seems pointless, unless it is your career.
Croatch on...
N

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2005, 08:49:56 PM »
...I recall the ads of that tape series years back...I thought it was overpriced, and I recall that it wasn't very honest from what the boards at the time mentioned.  Plus, I'm not on anabolics so 5 hours of talk about it doesn't really sound too interesting, but if it were at a cheaper price, perhaps.

I woulnd't be surprised if all the guys were very honest.  Why not?....who's gives a shit, really.  Lee says he doesn't do test, y'all yell BS.  Skip says he doesn't do anabolics y'all yell he's lying.  Who cares anymore!

For those of you trying to burn on Lee or any other pro for making ads that are slightly BS, oh well.  Buyer beware.  I ain't fooled, good enough.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2005, 09:45:52 PM »

What is so wrong about someone wanting to give themself an edge when it comes to building muscle or losing fat?  Does it truly have any affect on you or any other "natural" lifter if I or someone else chooses to speed up the process of gaining muscle?  I sure as hell didn't think I was in a competition against anyone else while working out.  But I guess maybe some "natties" have that mindset, so I or other "juicers" are therefore "cheating".  ;D

I always felt bodybuilding should be about pushing "yourself" to the limit.  Taking a bunch of shit to get big, there really is no tremendous challenge.

Why do people assume that you don't have bust your ass in the gym to continue gaining muscle or diet hard to lose fat, etc. when on steroids?  Yep, once you start taking steroids, there's no more work involved!  Sit at home, eat shit all day, and you'll eventually wake up looking like a competitive bodybuilder!  How many steroid users can say there is no longer any significant challenge to bodybuilding now that they're on steroids?  Outside of those with the most insane genetics (and even in that case), I'd say extremely few to none (my opinion of course).

Look around any gym and you'll see tons of second rate juicers looking mediocre...it's not very hard.

Of course, but it's the same as looking around any gym and seeing "mediocre" natural trainers.  I guess I don't see why the "natural crusaders" feel the need to bash any steroid using lifter who doesn't happen to be 260 lbs and 6% bodyfat.  Steroids are NOT miracle drugs, as you pointed out in the quote above.  Also, how are you able to tell (in most cases apparently) who exactly is on drugs in "any gym"?

I give credit to anyone who trains hard, diets well, and is consistent for a long period of time.  Now a days, nobody seems to be able to accomplish anything natural.  To me, it's pretty sad.
Nothing wrong with hitting some gear, but it seems like people use gear as a crutch, rather than something to enhance their training lifestyle.  And again, where is the satisfaction of knowing the route of your gains are because of what drug you took?  Seems pointless, unless it is your career.
Croatch on...

Croatch, I'm not sure who you're speaking of when you say "NOBODY seems to be able to accomplish anything natural".

I totally agree with you in saying that people (not every user) use gear as a crutch.  I think many get into a mindset (initially) that steroids will solve all of their muscle building problems.  The drugs will do everything for them.  But we all know it doesn't work like that.  Sure, steroids can speed up the process of building muscle, but again it doesn't mean there's no hard work involved.  I mean, if steroids were really "all that", then you could sit on your couch for three months, eat Mickey D's 24/7, take high dose 'roids and then walk out the door one day looking like the guy on the cover of Flex, right?.  For some reason I doubt that's happening to anyone.

And since when did bodybuilding go from being all about the end result (how you look), to the difficulty and length of the process (of building a lean, muscular body)?

I guess I simply don't agree in making generic statements such as "there's no challenge" or "where's the satisfaction of knowing the route of your gains because of what drug you took" etc., because that's simply not the case.  And if you haven't taken steroids and experienced those exact things when "on", I fail to see how one could make such statements.  My $.02.

If you enjoy bodybuilding, weightlifting, etc. without steroids and want to see how far you can go naturally, then that's cool too.  I completely respect that.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2005, 11:43:38 PM »
Tell us, does Lee claim not to use testosterone? If so then it's not worth buying because anyone that knows anything about the darkside of bodybuilding would laugh at him saying that.

Yeah, you know everything right? You must be some kind of steroid guru. lol. I believe Lee Priest. Some people can't stand the idea of someone doing better with lesser amounts of the drugs. It humbles the ego. Lee would be huge without steroids because he is gifted. He genetically gifted and genetically cursed(his height!) lol!
"Shut the F up and train"

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 01:32:27 AM »
well sorry to upset you but i dont.

LMFAO.

Priceless.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2005, 06:06:22 AM »
Once you put drugs in the equation, it's just a matter of how much for how long.  I don't see the satisfaction in making drug gains?  If almost everyone who takes gear gains 20lbs rather easily, then where is the big challenge here?  Forget about the health risks, which I believe are overhyped.  I always felt bodybuilding should be about pushing "yourself" to the limit.  Taking a bunch of shit to get big, there really is no tremendous challenge.  Look around any gym and you'll see tons of second rate juicers looking mediocre...it's not very hard.  I give credit to anyone who trains hard, diets well, and is consistent for a long period of time.  Now a days, nobody seems to be able to accomplish anything natural.  To me, it's pretty sad.
Croatch on...

Well said that is so true.Nobody want to do the foundation work anymore.

Slick Vic

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2005, 06:45:09 AM »
Lee has been honest about everything else.  He even risks fines and suspension for telling the cold hard truth that no-one else has the balls to say. 
And that's why I respect the man.  8)

the_Hater

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • here to hate.
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2005, 07:03:27 AM »
one person will buy it, compress it into a mpeg file, and everyone will enjoy dling it on peer to peer.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2005, 08:56:47 AM »

FWIW,

I came across this article regarding maximal size attainable by natural trainers:

http://www.swt.bz/oldswt/miscellaneous/references/maximum_measurements.htm

Pretty interesting stuff. The general formula is that your maximal attainable lean weight is 100 pounds plus 10 pounds for every inch over 5 feet. I am 5'9" and weigh 195, but I am not bodybuilder lean. I estimate that if I drop to 175-180 as I was when I was a bicycle racer, I would be closer to the model. That would indicate I could gain another 10 -15 pounds of muscle. I would be happy with that!

Also, the author lists the muscle sizes and weights of past champions like Clancy Ross and John Grimek. They weighed in the range of 200-210 pounds. There doesn't appear to be a list of their heights though.

One other note - there is a time line of the introduction of steroids. It looks like the early 1960's is when the usage of these substances became pervasive.

kaylos

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2005, 09:19:50 AM »
Sure, steroids can speed up the process of building muscle, but again it doesn't mean there's no hard work involved.  I mean, if steroids were really "all that", then you could sit on your couch for three months, eat Mickey D's 24/7, take high dose 'roids and then walk out the door one day looking like the guy on the cover of Flex, right?.

Yes, right : roids, and GH particularly, make everything.
Didn't you see the sample of dogs or oxen on roids completely hypertrophied ?
Do you think dogs lift weights ? ???

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2005, 09:40:33 AM »
Yes, right : roids, and GH particularly, make everything.
Didn't you see the sample of dogs or oxen on roids completely hypertrophied ?
Do you think dogs lift weights ? ???

If steroids "make everything" as you state, then why doesn't every steroid using lifter look like a pro bodybuilder?  Maybe because steroids are only part of the equation?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »

are their 'revelations ' realistic.. or more outright lyin and clandestine hand in glove bulls'hit ?

I think it’s all pretty candid. I don’t know about revelations but I guess that depends on who you’ve been getting your info from. I remember when Lee posted his cycle on here a few years ago a bunch of idiots said that he didn’t know what he was doing. You got that? Some idiots are going to tell one of the top bodybuilders in the World that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. I gotta just scratch my head on that one.   

Max Rep what does Ronnie say on there?

Honestly, i don’t remember specifics. If I was using the tapes as a recipe for myself, I might have been more attentive. I was more curios than anything else and the producer of the tapes gave them to me because they wanted me to re-do the sales copy but we couldn’t agree on compensation. I think I may go re-watch them.

and keep moving!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2005, 10:31:05 AM »
If steroids "make everything" as you state, then why doesn't every steroid using lifter look like a pro bodybuilder?  Maybe because steroids are only part of the equation?
Everyone has a different genetic make up therefore not everyone will look the same. At the same time you need to realize that when animals, say cattle for instance are given steroids they are not put on a lifting program. They gain muscle anyway.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2005, 10:43:26 AM »
Most guys feel that they have to somehow justify the use of steroids. They will talk about how hard they lift as this somehow makes it a good reason for taking them. Ronnie lifts hard and heavy, Dillett lifts, well we all know that he isn't breaking any records for the most intense guy around. Some will say that he's just a freak that would grow from doing anything. If that's the case then why do these guys shrink up to nothing when they come off? Face facts, steroids build muscle. That's why they were created!!

BTW, there is no science to taking steroids, plenty of muscle has been built by using just deca and d-bol. All this other bullshit you hear about fancy cycles and bridging blah blah blah. No one on this board (except for the pros) is even close to being built like a pro even from t he 70's and they didn't have half the stuff we have today. Kinda makes you wonder if any of it is needed.

Stop trying to find a reason to admire the pros. You can admire them for any reason you want to. There is no need to justify why you do.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2005, 10:49:07 AM »
well sorry to upset you but i dont.

maybe lee should have used test ... then he might have developed decent pecs and a back!

test is the alpha male hormone.... and your upper body is the alpha male showpiece!

ya should have pinned some , lee.... you might have swelled a little there ... you know what i mean!!

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2005, 11:03:21 AM »
Everyone has a different genetic make up therefore not everyone will look the same. At the same time you need to realize that when animals, say cattle for instance are given steroids they are not put on a lifting program. They gain muscle anyway.

Right, everyone responds differently to steroids.  Which is why, IMO, it's lame to make blanket statements about people who use steroids ("there's no challenge",etc).  Gaining lots of muscle doesn't become super easy for everyone who takes steroids.  And just like the studies in animals, there are human studies showing muscle increases in detrained subjects.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2005, 11:06:38 AM »

Right, everyone responds differently to steroids.  Which is why, IMO, it's lame to make blanket statements about people who use steroids ("there's no challenge",etc).  Gaining lots of muscle doesn't become super easy for everyone who takes steroids.  And just like the studies in animals, there are human studies showing muscle increases in detraining subjects.

Yep and just because one guy responds way better than another doesn't mean he is lifting harder.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2005, 11:20:59 AM »
Yep and just because one guy responds way better than another doesn't mean he is lifting harder.

Agreed.

I guess the only point I'm making is that there are still challenges to building muscle, losing fat, etc. when taking steroids.  You will still hit plateaus in gaining strength, muscle gain, etc.

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2005, 01:03:56 PM »
There is an old saying:

Better life through chemistry

The rest of human society lives by this credo, why shouldn't it apply to sports.

And by the way, are female competitorr with fake breast natural?

Jake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2005, 01:22:12 PM »
maybe lee should have used test ... then he might have developed decent pecs and a back!

test is the alpha male hormone.... and your upper body is the alpha male showpiece!

ya should have pinned some , lee.... you might have swelled a little there ... you know what i mean!!

I just can´t belive what some of you jackasses write on this board. Here we have the oppertunity to chat with Lee Priest one of the best bodybuilder in the world and you totally disrespect the guy. The only reason I check this board is to see what Lee and the other pros has to say, besides that this is a joke. Yoo freeagain and all you other clowns go messure your 12" guns and your 2" dicks instead of wasting Lee´s time.
Fucking loosers

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2005, 01:27:52 PM »

Attention advertisers... you too can reach this PRIME demographic! This post is exactly what I was talking about.
and keep moving!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2005, 01:49:29 PM »
happy birthday max rep.  you're officially fucking old, dude.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2005, 03:09:17 PM »
happy birthday max rep.  you're officially fucking old, dude.

No way. Still a pup. Thanks.
and keep moving!