Author Topic: Cheating bastards, the evidence is overwhelming.  (Read 3355 times)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Cheating bastards, the evidence is overwhelming.
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 05:54:26 AM »
Why should we give a fuck about Canada's PM?  You rely on us for the bulk of your national defense and GDP. Just sit there and hide behind Lady Liberty's skirt and the STFU...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 05:54:35 AM »
And not being able to at least name your neighbour's Prime Minster does say more about your own ignorance than theirs. We get it, America don't give a fuck about the rest and I can assure you, the rest of the world feels the same way. I just enjoy your elections and primaries. Having a bunch of hopeless half wits proclaiming that 'We're taking America back', 'We're sending a message to the White House' and watching even dumber people ecstatically cheering, falling for the same fucking lines and shit again!! Brilliant!

Giving it to you folks, you do entertain. From movies to sports, and the past 2 elections, politics too. Plain in 08? Brilliant, nearly busted a gut. Believing Romney or Obama would take the time to piss on you, brilliant!

Palin was really funny, it was better than a movie, it was almost like un-reality, a bizzaro world of sorts. How could someone so clearly stupid be a VP candidate is too funny. The primaries were really good too, rick perry gave me some good laughs.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:01 AM »
Why should we give a fuck about Canada's PM?  You rely on us for the bulk of your national defense and GDP. Just sit there and hide behind Lady Liberty's skirt and the STFU...

All things considered I would rather live in Canada now then the states. Crime rate is lower, health care is cheaper, standard of living higher, less crowding and in particular my province is booming right now with multiple oil sites being drilled, money is flowing in like crazy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:05 AM »
All things considered I would rather live in Canada now then the states. Crime rate is lower, health care is cheaper, standard of living higher, less crowding and in particular my province is booming right now with multiple oil sites being drilled, money is flowing in like crazy.

Our current administration is not too keen on domestic drilling.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 08:00:12 AM »
Palin was really funny, it was better than a movie, it was almost like un-reality, a bizzaro world of sorts. How could someone so clearly stupid be a VP candidate is too funny. The primaries were really good too, rick perry gave me some good laughs.

I was cracking up listening to Bachman. And well, pretty much all Republican candidates. At some points I was watching the screens at the back, waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell everyone we've been punked.

Same here in the UK with the leader of the opposition. I REFUSE to belief that it's not a windup.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »
I was cracking up listening to Bachman. And well, pretty much all Republican candidates. At some points I was watching the screens at the back, waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell everyone we've been punked.

Same here in the UK with the leader of the opposition. I REFUSE to belief that it's not a windup.

Ed Miliband?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:11 AM »

Our current administration is not too keen on domestic drilling.

yes I was speaking about my local.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »
yes I was speaking about my local.

Oh, I know. I drew the comparison to point out one of the many flaws of the asshole currently occupying the Oval Office. 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »

Why do so many Canadians migrate to the U.S.? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
Why do so many Canadians migrate to the U.S.? 

I don't know ???

One thing Canada is missing is that it's horizontal nature doesn't give much climate difference, I honestly think this is one of the best things about the states. You can go hot/dry, hot/wet, cold, deserts and mountain ranges it is really diverse. Canada barely changes from place to place and going further north is only shittier.

Listen I don't hate the US, nor do I care about Canada all that much, I identify as a newfie. There is more oppurtunity to make it big in the states thats for sure.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
I don't know ???

One thing Canada is missing is that it's horizontal nature doesn't give much climate difference, I honestly think this is one of the best things about the states. You can go hot/dry, hot/wet, cold, deserts and mountain ranges it is really diverse. Canada barely changes from place to place and going further north is only shittier.

Listen I don't hate the US, nor do I care about Canada all that much, I identify as a newfie. There is more oppurtunity to make it big in the states thats for sure.

Don't they take 50 percent of your earnings after you reach a certain threshold, which I think is about $100k or maybe even less? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
Democrats crying over election fraud? Seriously?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »
Don't they take 50 percent of your earnings after you reach a certain threshold, which I think is about $100k or maybe even less? 

ya 50% taxes at that range.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »

I guess that helps explain why so many Canadians come to the U.S.  What incentive do you have to be successful if the government will take half of what you earn?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »

50%?

Heck, if they take anymore, the only thing left is for members of the Canadian government to break out the cane, the bellbottoms, and the platform shoes with the goldfish inside them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »

Yeah, but it is also colder than a witch's tit in most of Canada much of the year. I'd prefer New Zealand if I where to leave the U.S. Lately, I have been considering a move to Hawaii. Real Estate prices are still down, so it is a good time to buy there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Yeah, but it is also colder than a witch's tit in most of Canada much of the year. I'd prefer New Zealand if I where to leave the U.S. Lately, I have been considering a move to Hawaii. Real Estate prices are still down, so it is a good time to buy there.

Not really. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:41 PM »
Not really. 

Yes really. I just spoke with someone who recently bought property on the big island for a remarkably low price.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
Yes really. I just spoke with someone who recently bought property on the big island for a remarkably low price.

Yeah.  Right next to the volcano.  lol.  Have you ever seen the air quality on the Big Island?  Ever heard of vog?     

The prices are not down  Average price of a home is $637k.  Average condo price is $319k.  While those prices are less than some peak periods, that's hardly cheap.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »
Yeah.  Right next to the volcano.  lol.  Have you ever seen the air quality on the Big Island?  Ever heard of vog?     

The prices are not down  Average price of a home is $637k.  Average condo price is $319k.  While those prices are less than some peak periods, that's hardly cheap.   

These prices are not significantly different from the price of homes and condos where I live in West Linn, OR. http://www.hasson.com/property/13831631, http://www.hasson.com/property/15351085 and http://www.hasson.com/property/15767745

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »
These prices are not significantly different from the price of homes and condos where I live in West Linn, OR. http://www.hasson.com/property/13831631, http://www.hasson.com/property/15351085 and http://www.hasson.com/property/15767745

Those prices are not remotely analogous.  I've been to Portland, Oregon and the median home prices is not $1.4 million.  I don't know anything about West Linn, but if it's one of the more exclusive areas, it's not representative what you will find in Hawaii. 

What I gave you was the median home price.  The house you linked, a 3/3, 4500 square feet, 6.4 acre lot, would probably be about $5 to $10 million, here, depending on the location.  And I'm excluding ocean front property. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »
Those prices are not remotely analogous.  I've been to Portland, Oregon and the median home prices is not $1.4 million.  I don't know anything about West Linn, but if it's one of the more exclusive areas, it's not representative what you will find in Hawaii.  

What I gave you was the median home price.  The house you linked, a 3/3, 4500 square feet, 6.4 acre lot, would probably be about $5 to $10 million, here, depending on the location.  And I'm excluding ocean front property.  

Right. Well to be honest, not all homes in West Linn are that expensive, as you will see here: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/West_Linn-Oregon/.  However, it would seem that not all homes in Hilo, HI are as expensive as you suggest either. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/123-Punahele-St_Hilo_HI_96720_M89633-80612, http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1014-Lelepau-St_South-Hilo_HI_96720_M89195-17251 and http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/33-Hualalai-St-Apt-208_Hilo_HI_96720_M72214-95928

The fellow I was talking to last night, who is moving to Hawaii next week, bought his home about a year ago. He has put some money into it, remodeling it to suit his taste. He said he paid $365,000. His house is on the big island. I assume from what he said about the neighbors, it is in a town or city. As to whether it is next to a volcano or not, he didn't really say.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »
Right. Well to be honest, not all homes in West Linn are that expensive, as you will see here: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/West_Linn-Oregon/.  However, it would seem that not all homes in Hilo, HI are as expensive as you suggest either. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/123-Punahele-St_Hilo_HI_96720_M89633-80612, http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1014-Lelepau-St_South-Hilo_HI_96720_M89195-17251 and http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/33-Hualalai-St-Apt-208_Hilo_HI_96720_M72214-95928

Did you actually look at the properties in those links?  Do you realize how small those places are?  Or where they are located?  Property on the Big Island, depending on the location, is cheaper than property on Oahu, Maui, or Kauai.  But I'd never live on the Big Island.  Some beautiful areas, but the vog is terrible.   

What I gave you was staight from the Honolulu Board of Realtors.  http://hicentral.com/

So the average list price in West Linn is $579,873 and the median sales price is $367,000?  That's much lower than Hawaii.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Did you actually look at the properties in those links?  Do you realize how small those places are?  Or where they are located?  Property on the Big Island, depending on the location, is cheaper than property on Oahu, Maui, or Kauai.  But I'd never live on the Big Island.  Some beautiful areas, but the vog is terrible.   

What I gave you was staight from the Honolulu Board of Realtors.  http://hicentral.com/

So the average list price in West Linn is $579,873 and the median sales price is $367,000?  That's much lower than Hawaii.   

I think you missed in my original post that the fellow I was talking to was moving to the big island. That's why I made that comparison and not one which included Oahu, Maui or Kauai. I'll nod to you that if you live in Hawaii, you undoubtedly know a lot more about the real estate market there than I do. Frankly, I was shocked when Paul told me how little he had paid for a house there.

According to Zillow, my vintage 1979 3,000 sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 3 bath "Brady Bunch" style home on a 9,000 sq. ft. lot is right at the median sales price. Lucky me, I paid nowhere near that much when I bought it in 1998. However it has lost around $150,000 in value since 2007. Needless to say, I love that builders are building all these million dollar plus homes all around us. It will just bring our property values up.

The truth is, I like where I live and I am not moving anytime soon. I just put $16,000 into my backyard landscape last spring.  If I did, I probably would not move to Hawaii. My son lives in a small town in Bavaria, GR. Chances are I'd move their before I'd move to Hawaii where I have no family what-so-ever.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 11:26:56 AM »
I think you missed in my original post that the fellow I was talking to was moving to the big island. That's why I made that comparison and not one which included Oahu, Maui or Kauai. I'll nod to you that if you live in Hawaii, you undoubtedly know a lot more about the real estate market there than I do. Frankly, I was shocked when Paul told me how little he had paid for a house there.

According to Zillow, my vintage 1979 3,000 sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 3 bath "Brady Bunch" style home on a 9,000 sq. ft. lot is right at the median sales price. Lucky me, I paid nowhere near that much when I bought it in 1998. However it has lost around $150,000 in value since 2007. Needless to say, I love that builders are building all these million dollar plus homes all around us. It will just bring our property values up.

The truth is, I like where I live and I am not moving anytime soon. I just put $16,000 into my backyard landscape last spring.  If I did, I probably would not move to Hawaii. My son lives in a small town in Bavaria, GR. Chances are I'd move their before I'd move to Hawaii where I have no family what-so-ever.

I read your original post.  The median home prices I mentioned are for the entire state, including the Big Island.  I'm not surprised your friend found a house for under $400k on the Big Island.  I'll go out on a limb and say it's smaller than your 4/3, 3,000 sq. ft. home on a 9,000 sq. ft. lot.  If you're looking for something like that here you'll be paying a lot more than $400k.