Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 22, 2014, 01:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So after 2 months I drink again.  (Read 1793 times)
basil
Getbig III

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

Once you have a really good beer or alcohol you will understand it.

Agreed.  Nothing better than a dram or 2 of Macallan 18.
Report to moderator   Logged
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

I just like the taste of alcohol, but I rarely drink.

Straight Vodka, whiskey...

NelsonMuntz
Getbig III

Ha Ha

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »

Been sober for two months drunk as shit right now. It gets  better, not only have I relasped but my closest friend I found out tonight has a drinking problem worst than mine. Cheesy

Classic alcoholic thinking....

1-Deflecting your friend's "worse" alcohol problem off your own
2- Mistaking 2 months putting a cork on the bottle with sobriety. They are not the same.

Sobriety is someone who has actually "stopped" drinking one day at a time or whatever floats your boat, and works,learns and puts into action living life in reality, where as someone who "quits"  basically sits on the fence basically doing dick to change their whole lifestyle basically waiting for that next event good or bad that they could use as an excuse to have "one" again.

I have lived both sides and the difference in quality of life could not be more extreme.

Look, I don't care how much you drink, but if you find before and/or after you are questioning, justifying, and/or deflecting your life in regards to you behaviours with or without alcohol well you can figue out the rest.

If so I may suggest getting some help of some sort, and not just "stop" drinking but realize you are going to have to work on changing all your behaviours and attitude, not just stick a cork on the bottle and sit on you ass and expect your life to change totally.

Not saying go to AA( whiich has success for those who work and live the steps as outlined, not just sit in meetings and be part of the debating club), but that is one option and there are other support groups and communities,medical, religious and otherwise that work for people as well.

Either way if you don't change the behaviours, attitudes you have and the situations you put yourself in, you are just going to continue to fall down and live life as a miserable dry drunk,which I can tell you from my own experience and others around me, was a much more miserable experience than falling down and getting drunk over and over.

A few guys have offered an ear here to you that have been through it, you won't lose anything by talking with them offline or via pm.

...getting off my soapbox now
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »

idea...

make yourself drink a whey protein shake before you start drinking.

The whey will soak up the alcohol like you wouldn't believe, and you'll feel full very quickly. 

Lungrenisback
Getbig V

Team Canada!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »

idea...

make yourself drink a whey protein shake before you start drinking.

The whey will soak up the alcohol like you wouldn't believe, and you'll feel full very quickly. 
I'm not that bad. I can control my drinking, it's just torturous. I only enjoy drinking like a mad man. 
Marty Champions
Getbig V

ericpdollard.com is what we should know

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Beer, and alcohol for the most part taste like shit. Never understand the appeal to drinking alcohol. Dont understand how people think it tastes good.

x2 just look at the bitter face when people drink that shit

they just want to fit in because they dont quite fit in as falcons

A
Van_Bilderass
Getbig V

"Don't Try"

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

I don't like quitters
240 is Back
Getbig V

Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »

I'm not that bad. I can control my drinking, it's just torturous. I only enjoy drinking like a mad man. 

having a buzz feels awesome.   it's the funk it puts you into, when you drink too much, that sucks.

WOOO
Getbig V

Mr. Unpopular

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »

Beer, and alcohol for the most part taste like shit. Never understand the appeal to drinking alcohol. Dont understand how people think it tastes good.

you're an infant
arce1988
Getbig V

ARCE USA USMC

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

Yup
bebop396
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 02:32:55 AM »

Classic alcoholic thinking....

1-Deflecting your friend's "worse" alcohol problem off your own
2- Mistaking 2 months putting a cork on the bottle with sobriety. They are not the same.

Sobriety is someone who has actually "stopped" drinking one day at a time or whatever floats your boat, and works,learns and puts into action living life in reality, where as someone who "quits"  basically sits on the fence basically doing dick to change their whole lifestyle basically waiting for that next event good or bad that they could use as an excuse to have "one" again.

I have lived both sides and the difference in quality of life could not be more extreme.

Look, I don't care how much you drink, but if you find before and/or after you are questioning, justifying, and/or deflecting your life in regards to you behaviours with or without alcohol well you can figue out the rest.

If so I may suggest getting some help of some sort, and not just "stop" drinking but realize you are going to have to work on changing all your behaviours and attitude, not just stick a cork on the bottle and sit on you ass and expect your life to change totally.

Not saying go to AA( whiich has success for those who work and live the steps as outlined, not just sit in meetings and be part of the debating club), but that is one option and there are other support groups and communities,medical, religious and otherwise that work for people as well.

Either way if you don't change the behaviours, attitudes you have and the situations you put yourself in, you are just going to continue to fall down and live life as a miserable dry drunk,which I can tell you from my own experience and others around me, was a much more miserable experience than falling down and getting drunk over and over.

A few guys have offered an ear here to you that have been through it, you won't lose anything by talking with them offline or via pm.

...getting off my soapbox now

I am an alcoholic....LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 07:00:57 AM »

but joking aside my step Brother was an alcoholic and i saw him in severe stages of it...he landed in Hopsital and was told he had 6 months if he carried on. He was in the merchant Navy for years and every time i saw him on leave he was drunk on black heart rum. The party had to finish for him and he stopped.
The Abdominal Snoman
Getbig V

^^^SURVEILLANCE TRIBE APPROVED^^^

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:06 AM »

Mental illness is no joke. It's much easier and socially acceptable to call yourself an "alcoholic" than it is to deal with the mental illness that leads to the abuse of the substance.
BigCyp
Getbig V

1-0

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »

there is no chemical solution for a spiritual problem  Roll Eyes

said chris in sopranos

it is rather the opposite i suspect

You have a spiritual problem in your anus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!