Author Topic: White Tea  (Read 1417 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
White Tea
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
Right now, I am enjoying a cup of White Tea. (No, it's not a racist thing.)  This one has a cucumber and lime peel added for taste.

Here is a little refresher course for those of you who need it (everyone else please disregard):

White tea is from tea leaves which are picked before they fully open. It comes from the same plant as Green Tea- Camellia sinensis, it's just harvested at a younger age and not fermented. Why White Tea you may ask? Because it contains three times the antioxidents* as Green Tea and 12 times  the amount as contained in fresh squeezed OJ. *Antioxidents protect against free radical damage to the cells and thus are believed by researchers to protect against heart disease, eye degeneration, brain impairing diseases and some cancers.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: White Tea
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »
i love the stuff too

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »
does it have a dieuretic effect and fat losss effect of green tea or is it only superior in anti oxidants?

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
does it have a dieuretic effect and fat losss effect of green tea or is it only superior in anti oxidants?

On fat burning I did a little poking around:

With the nature of white tea being one of little processing, it seems to be enriched with the more concentrations of epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) and also methylxanthines (like caffeine) which are active substances showed to speed fat loss when compared to green and black tea.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2605316

According to a German study published in the May 2009 "Nutrition and Metabolism" journal, there are properties contained in white tea that inhibit the development of fat tissue.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/250854-the-benefits-of-white-tea-versus-green-tea/#ixzz2B6WseYK5