Author Topic: Zuver's Gym  (Read 86032 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: Zuver's Gym
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »
Great thread Robert. Richard showed me all his Zuver pictures at the AOBS this year.
Great stuff!

~Dave

Oh by the way Dave, any new books in the works? Richard told me he had spoken to you about maybe a new one in the works. If you ever need any info from me feel free to email me. Keep in touch.
Thanks
RZ

POTA

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2012, 10:00:49 PM »
Richard does get around doesn't he? I just got back from town and the photo lab where they switched 500 slides into photos on a cd for me., I havnt even seen these photos yet. There will be a lot more stories coming. Guess ill need to start a new Zuver's thread.
RZ
Looking forward to the photos. A lot of us weren't lucky to be there and only get to experience the gym through photos and stories. Thanks a lot, Bob.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
Looking forward to the photos. A lot of us weren't lucky to be there and only get to experience the gym through photos and stories. Thanks a lot, Bob.

New things are coming soon my friend. Working on some new things for show and tell.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
New things are coming soon my friend. Working on some new things for show and tell.
RZ

Here is a great shot of Franco C. Mike D. And Big Lou F. At the very first WSM Contest  1977. This pic has never been shown before anywhere. The Big boys gave there all.
Just thought some might like seeing it. There are a lot more to come.
Enjoy
RZ
PS
Notice the Big Zuverman behind them.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »
Here is a great shot of Franco C. Mike D. And Big Lou F. At the very first WSM Contest  1977. This pic has never been shown before anywhere. The Big boys gave there all.
Enjoy
RZ
PS

Here are the real Star's of The 1977 Worlds Strongest Man Show. Bob Zuver and his son's and the rest of the Zuver crew. Up front with Bob is his youngest son Rick the Rhino. And his other son Robert. (Me) between big Z' legs. No Wise Cracks Please.
We were the ones that built all the equipment transported it there, and set it up for the entire show. I was a lot younger then.
Rz

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Here are the real Star's of The 1977 Worlds Strongest Man Show. Bob Zuver and his son's and the rest of the Zuver crew. Up front with Bob is his youngest son Rick the Rhino. And his other son Robert. (Me) between big Z' legs. No Wise Cracks Please.
We were the ones that built all the equipment transported it there, and set it up for the entire show. I was a lot younger then.
Rz

Hey guys  
Check out the latest article I did on Dave Drapers IOL Site.
It's about a recent visit I had from Richerd Sorin The Gripster.
Thanks
RZ.

POTA

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
Enjoy
RZ
PS

That's a kick ass picture. They look like they're about to explode.

Rz

I didn't know you guys toted the Big ZuverMan there. Very cool.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2012, 04:30:59 AM »
WOW...great thread... ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
Enjoy
RZ
PS
great photos keep them coming. richard sorin over on ironhistory.com recently posted pics of himself lifting the 150 lb and 200 lb zuver plates. he didn't want then used anywhere else without  permission.
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2012, 12:43:18 PM »
great photos keep them coming. richard sorin over on ironhistory.com recently posted pics of himself lifting the 150 lb and 200 lb zuver plates. he didn't want then used anywhere else without  permission.

That's ok. Richard and I both have a large amount of photos. He nor I need permission to show them.
Here is one of him at my place playing with one of my big boy plates. What's the good of haveing great photos if there not seen by interested eyes. Most people will never see or touch one of the historic Zuver Plates in person. I hope as a great collector of historic iron Richard will show the real public, the beginner, the new guy what true iron history is. The members of Ironhistory are a close net club who all ready know the history. Most are pros that have been around the game for many years. There's nothing wrong with that but the iron history game is dying because the big boys of yesterday don't want to be bothered by the newbie's of today. The younger generation's need to hear the story's from us all or Iron History will be lost forever. They don't want to have to sell there mother to get to read a website. Come on guys, tell the stories, teach the kid's down the block, don't make them beg to hear the truth by making them have special pass words or making them feel like there not welcome because there not experienced like some of us. That's what I'm trying to teach. That's why I'm spending my time on this site and on Draper's site. Some of the future strongmen of tommorow have been contacting me lately about where they can learn more, where they fit in. Guess where I tell them to go??? A good site needs to be fun. Not just a place for a bunch of old farts to flap there lips amoung themselves.
Hope some of you guys agree with me. Sorry, ill get back to posting some new pics and stories soon.
Thanks For listening.
RZ  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
That's ok. Richard and I both have a large amount of photos. He nor I need permission to show them.
Here is one of him at my place playing with one of my big boy plates. What's the good of haveing great photos if there not seen by interested eyes. Most people will never see or touch one of the historic Zuver Plates in person. I hope as a great collector of historic iron Richard will show the real public, the beginner, the new guy what true iron history is. The members of Ironhistory are a close net club who all ready know the history. Most are pros that have been around the game for many years. There's nothing wrong with that but the iron history game is dying because the big boys of yesterday don't want to be bothered by the newbie's of today. The younger generation's need to hear the story's from us all or Iron History will be lost forever. They don't want to have to sell there mother to get to read a website. Come on guys, tell the stories, teach the kid's down the block, don't make them beg to hear the truth by making them have special pass words or making them feel like there not welcome because there not experienced like some of us. That's what I'm trying to teach. That's why I'm spending my time on this site and on Draper's site. Some of the future strongmen of tommorow have been contacting me lately about where they can learn more, where they fit in. Guess where I tell them to go??? A good site needs to be fun. Not just a place for a bunch of old farts to flap there lips amoung themselves.
Hope some of you guys agree with me. Sorry, ill get back to posting some new pics and stories soon.
Thanks For listening.
RZ  

you are more than welcome here. we have some outstanding experts here in every field.. what makes us special is we BOND together with our knowledge....and so i can really say that in getbig we have it ALL

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
Thanks For listening.
RZ  

Here is a few new pics from the WSM. First The Winners. Next Bob Z. testing the girl lift. Than last , Big Lou being shown how to do the refer, race. More to fallow.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
you are more than welcome here. we have some outstanding experts here in every field.. what makes us special is we BOND together with our knowledge....and so i can really say that in getbig we have it ALL

By the way Donny thanks for the welcome. You'll hear a lot more from me.
Thanks
RZ

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
By the way Donny thanks for the welcome. You'll hear a lot more from me.
Thanks
RZ
we love your posts and old school  ;)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »
we love your posts and old school  ;)

Can anyone guess who these Big Boy's Are???
They did hang out at the WSM show

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »

All the contestants , they were.
John Cole
Franco Columbo
Mike Dayton
Lou Ferrigno
George Frenn
Ken Patera
Bruce Wilhelm
Bob Young
The Zuver's worked the first three WSM Show's
The rest is history.
RZ

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
guy on the right last name shaw?
F

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »
we love your posts and old school  ;)
+1 , great pics and post rob

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2012, 05:01:41 AM »
+1 , great pics and post rob

Hay guys
35 years ago at the WSM Show 1977 we had a visit from Arnold. Here he is with me in one shot and with his training buddy. Franco. A lot of the big boys would stop by just to hang out.
Enjoy
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Hay guys
35 years ago at the WSM Show 1977 we had a visit from Arnold. Here he is with me in one shot and with his training buddy. Franco. A lot of the big boys would stop by just to hang out.
Enjoy
RZ

Just a few more never before seen shots of Paul Anderson with the contestant. Also trying out the big wrist roller for Brent.
RZ

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
Just a few more never before seen shots of Paul Anderson with the contestant. Also trying out the big wrist roller for Brent.
RZ

All work and no play makes Franco A dull boy.
There was always somthing going on. It was the best show I ever worked. It was much more easy in the old days. Wonder what all the good old boys think today. Long live the good old days.
RZ

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
All work and no play makes Franco A dull boy.
There was always somthing going on. It was the best show I ever worked. It was much more easy in the old days. Wonder what all the good old boys think today. Long live the good old days.
RZ

Which aspects made it easier?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »
Oh by the way Dave, any new books in the works? Richard told me he had spoken to you about maybe a new one in the works. If you ever need any info from me feel free to email me. Keep in touch.
Thanks
RZ

Bob, maybe you have me confused with another Dave (Draper) ??

I own the site I recently started (you recently joined):

http://www.ironandstrength.com/

I'm a collector of old iron, a goal is to buy a couple of Zuver plates one day. (cant afford the eBay prices, kids starting college)..

Anyways, great thread !

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »
nice looking site..

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »
Bob, maybe you have me confused with another Dave (Draper) ??

I own the site I recently started (you recently joined):

http://www.ironandstrength.com/

I'm a collector of old iron, a goal is to buy a couple of Zuver plates one day. (cant afford the eBay prices, kids starting college)..

Anyways, great thread !

Sorry Dave
To many Dave's , not enough Bob's
Happy Thanksgiving
RZ