Author Topic: Leaked Florida GOP Memo: "Democratic turnout machine is cleaning our clock"  (Read 1726 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Leaked Florida GOP Memo: "Democratic turnout machine is cleaning our clock"

http://twitter.com/...

Evan Axelbank, a journalist at WPTV in West Palm Beach, Florida, has gotten his hands on a leaked internal GOP memo. Apparently it was deliberately leaked by a "worried GOPer" to motivate the GOP base by showing them that a loss was possible, but it still definitely suggests
 concern- as does that motivation!

The memo cites a Democratic lead in early voting "60-22 in PBC, similar to 08. If you add returned Absentee ballots to EV by party, Dems like by 30k in PBC". It also describes the Democratic turnout machine as "cleaning our clock", and warns about the effect on down-ticket races.

I'll post the direct link to the memo as soon as it's up but until then, I wanted to get this up there since I didn't see anyone else discussing it.

A GREAT sign - and along with the last few days of polls, Cook earlier today and Romney's travel schedule tomorrow, shows that Florida is really very gettable for us... and if we win it, everything else is just for show.

http://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
LOL!!!! 

Ever hear of Patton's dummy army you stupid fuck? 

Evan Axelbank, a journalist at WPTV in West Palm Beach, Florida, has gotten his hands on a leaked internal GOP memo. Apparently it was deliberately leaked by a "worried GOPer" to motivate the GOP base by showing them that a loss was possible, but it still definitely suggests

The memo cites a Democratic lead in early voting "60-22 in PBC, similar to 08. If you add returned Absentee ballots to EV by party, Dems like by 30k in PBC". It also describes the Democratic turnout machine as "cleaning our clock", and warns about the effect on down-ticket races.

I'll post the direct link to the memo as soon as it's up but until then, I wanted to get this up there since I didn't see anyone else discussing it.

A GREAT sign - and along with the last few days of polls, Cook earlier today and Romney's travel schedule tomorrow, shows that Florida is really very gettable for us... and if we win it, everything else is just for show.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

agreed

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
but I would add that I don't trust the polls..you got a lot of people saying they will vote for Obama and they really won't....Don't get suckered into believing the polls....Romney has a lot of hidden support....but you are right...if Obama takes Florida, the rest is gravy....

Obama needs continued high black support..... large support from Hispanics....seniors who are afraid of Romney cutting their medicaid.......and a decisive percentage of white women.....and he could pull off an upset

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

Its mostly the Latino vote....they usually don't get polled but if Romney loses Florida....then he just loses the entire race...period.  By the stats, he will pull it off but it would be a huge downer for him to concede that race that early
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
LOL!!!! 

Ever hear of Patton's dummy army you stupid fuck? 

Do you have any evidence this is a ploy?    Or just a feeling?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Do you have any evidence this is a ploy?    Or just a feeling?

Obama is up in Palm Beach County (which has almost always been heavily Democratic). You'll excuse me if I don't chew my nails to the quick.

Considering that a Tampa Bay Times poll (newspaper from my hometown) has Romney up 51-45, especially in the critical "I-4 Corridor (Tampa Bay area and SpaceCoast), I'd say this is much ado about nothing.

It has been a fundamental rule of Florida politics for decades: Statewide campaigns are won and lost on the I-4 corridor.

Today that celebrated swing-voter swath stretching from Tampa Bay to Daytona Beach is poised to deliver Florida's 29 electoral votes to Mitt Romney.

An exclusive Tampa Bay Times/Bay News 9 poll of likely voters along the Interstate 4 corridor finds Romney leading Obama 51 percent to 45 percent, with 4 percent undecided.

"Romney has pretty much nailed down Florida," said Brad Coker of Mason-Dixon Polling and Research, which conducted the poll for the Times and its media partners. "Unless something dramatically changes — an October surprise, a major gaffe — Romney's going to win Florida.''

The formula for Democrats to win Florida has long been simple: win big in the Democratic stronghold of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, avoid overwhelming losses in conservative North Florida, and stay close to even along the I-4 corridor. Obama and John McCain essentially tied in the battleground four years ago.

"Being that this is I-4, the Florida battleground, the region of the state that usually tells you how it's going to come out, for Romney to be up 6 points right now … they should be able to call Florida as soon as the polls close in Pensacola if they do their exit polling right," Coker said.

The Oct. 22-24 survey focused only on voters in the I-4 corridor, but Tampa Bay on the western end has an uncanny knack for almost exactly matching Florida's statewide results. Four years ago Obama beat John McCain in Florida and Tampa Bay — defined as Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Polk and Citrus counties — by the same margin, 51 percent to 48 percent.

Today? The poll shows Romney leading Tampa Bay 50 percent to 46 percent.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/tampa-bay-timesbay-news-9-poll-i-4-voters-back-romney-51-45/1258459

Team Obama is to be too busy, defending Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, to worry about Florida.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Do you have any evidence this is a ploy?    Or just a feeling?

Well, since the left has a problem with telling or reporting the truth in anything, it's probably pretty accurate. Just see blacken, Benny, pedobear or any post by an Obama kneepadders on here. Either flat out lies or spin.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Well, since the left has a problem with telling or reporting the truth in anything, it's probably pretty accurate. Just see blacken, Benny, pedobear or any post by an Obama kneepadders on here. Either flat out lies or spin.

Is it my imagination, or do one of those tweets says the Dems' vaunted early voting is DOWN 70% from 2008?

NOPE!! It ain't my imagination. That's what it says and here's the article to back it:

Democrats face an early vote hurdle in Fla

The RealClearPolitics polling average now has Mitt Romney leading Obama in Florida by just a single point. The latest Quinnipiac poll showing Obama up a point is sure to draw some scoffs from Republicans since its sample was 37 percent Democrat, 30 percent Republican, and 29 percent independent.

"In Florida Democrats now lead in ballots cast just 48 hours after in-person early voting began. In 2008 it took us nearly a week after in-person early voting began before we had a lead," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina says an a state of the race video released today.

But a Republican yesterday noted that at this point in 2008, Democrats held a 134,774-vote lead in Florida. As of yesterday. Democrats led by less than 41,000 – a nearly 70 percent drop.

The Obama campaign does not dispute those numbers.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/democrats-face-early-vote-hurdle-fla[/i]

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Is it my imagination, or do one of those tweets says the Dems' vaunted early voting is DOWN 70% from 2008?

NOPE!! It ain't my imagination. That's what it says and here's the article to back it:

Democrats face an early vote hurdle in Fla

The RealClearPolitics polling average now has Mitt Romney leading Obama in Florida by just a single point. The latest Quinnipiac poll showing Obama up a point is sure to draw some scoffs from Republicans since its sample was 37 percent Democrat, 30 percent Republican, and 29 percent independent.

"In Florida Democrats now lead in ballots cast just 48 hours after in-person early voting began. In 2008 it took us nearly a week after in-person early voting began before we had a lead," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina says an a state of the race video released today.

But a Republican yesterday noted that at this point in 2008, Democrats held a 134,774-vote lead in Florida. As of yesterday. Democrats led by less than 41,000 – a nearly 70 percent drop.

The Obama campaign does not dispute those numbers.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/democrats-face-early-vote-hurdle-fla[/i]

Haha, I knew it. Couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it. LOL

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Haha, I knew it. Couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it. LOL

Anyone who follows Florida politics KNOWS that it's all about the "I-4 Corridor". The Dems get Palm Beach and Dade Counties (i.e. Ft. Lauderdale and Miami); the GOP gets the panhandle (Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee). So, that's a wash.

Whoever gets the "I-4 Corridor" gets Florida. If Romney's up six in this region this late, turn out the lights.

You will recall, back in 2000, that the media called Florida for Gore, before all the votes were tallied. The panhandle is in the Central Time Zone (unlike the rest of Florida; Tallahassee, however, is in the Eastern Time Zone). There were reports of voters in that region, turning away, after hearing the state being called for Gore. Had that not happened, Bush's lead would likely have been above the margin, that triggered the recall.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Romney speaking in Tampa now.... if FL is in the bag, why is he wasting time here so close to the election?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Romney speaking in Tampa now.... if FL is in the bag, why is he wasting time here so close to the election?

A scheduled campaign stop would be my guess. Suffolk polling and Mason-Dixon are (among) the ones saying that Romney is going to take Florida.

A better question would be why Team Obama is hitting Minnesota and Pennsylvania this late? Not to mention Michigan (Romney's within 3, last time I checked).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
A scheduled campaign stop would be my guess. Suffolk polling and Mason-Dixon are (among) the ones saying that Romney is going to take Florida.

A better question would be why Team Obama is hitting Minnesota and Pennsylvania this late?

Obama is also going to florida and vegas,. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Where in Florida is he going? He'd better be heading to either Tampa or Orlando.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

i would expect obama to be here in FL - romney is cleaning his clock here.   I was just surprised to see romney here, in a state he's leading by 5 points or more.

speaking in tampa right now

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i would expect obama to be here in FL - romney is cleaning his clock here.   I was just surprised to see romney here, in a state he's leading by 5 points or more.

speaking in tampa right now

He should be giving his speech from the pirate ship in RayJay.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He should be giving his speech from the pirate ship in RayJay.  ;D

lol... not a lot of winning going on in there lately :(

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

A better question would be why Team Obama is hitting Minnesota and Pennsylvania this late? Not to mention Michigan (Romney's within 3, last time I checked).

hey but when obama or biden go to a state their in panic mode  :D :D :D :D :D  just more of the mcspin from mchannity  :D :D :D priceless

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
lol... not a lot of winning going on in there lately :(

2-2 at home this season. I'm still miffed at that Saints game.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I wonder if he'll mention that he would like dismantle FEMA and privatize emergency/disaster relief

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hey but when obama or biden go to a state their in panic mode  :D :D :D :D :D  just more of the mcspin from mchannity  :D :D :D priceless

Try again, genius.

THEY'RE (not "their") in panic mode for (among other reasons): Florida is and has been a swing state. Minnesota is not, or at least, it normally isn't.

Throw in Michigan and you have a crisis on your hands. But, why let that stand in the way of ID Crisis Boy's delusions?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I wonder if he'll mention that he would like dismantle FEMA and privatize emergency/disaster relief

he doesn't feel that way anymore.   that was months ago.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

FEMA is another useless agency.   Wastes billions and billions of dollars.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
FEMA is another useless agency.   Wastes billions and billions of dollars. 

but there are SOME times when it isn't useless.   FL was crippled after Charley and NEEDED someone from outside the state to come in and help.  Power lines down everywhere, people hurt, local police were nowhere to be found, actual looting.   It was bad.  WHile it was eerie seeing the nat'l guard with trucks and rifles arriving, it finally felt like there were some people here whose only goals weren't protecting their own kin and house.