Author Topic: Derek Anthony - heart attack - coma - and recovery  (Read 242829 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Derek Anthony - had a heart attack - in a coma
« Reply #925 on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »
Good words by Ron... DA on the forum and DA off the forum are two different people, like most of us.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #926 on: November 05, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
If you guys truly wish someone ill will, you guys suck.  Like many of us, we have our strange internet persona's and then there is real life. Never wish ill will on others - not a good idea, and definitely bad karma.   Jeez.  I have met Derek Anthony, in person, and he was always nice and respectful to me, even if we did banter on the boards. 

So you are saying that if someone is nice and respectful face to face, and mentally ill back stabber and scum of the earth when you turn your back, that nice side of him is what he really is? What I have learn in my life, it is always another way around. Maybe things are different in USA, but here we appreciate people by what they are, not what they pretend to be.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #927 on: November 05, 2012, 10:44:44 PM »
So you are saying that if someone is nice and respectful face to face, and mentally ill back stabber and scum of the earth when you turn your back, that nice side of him is what he really is? What I have learn in my life, it is always another way around. Maybe things are different in USA, but here we appreciate people by what they are, not what they pretend to be.

Just so you know, I do not condone this behavior, however a lot of folks have alter-egos. In person they don't have the courage that hiding behind the Internet allows them. A good comparison is when some people drink a little to much their personalities morph into something else, usually not something better either.

For example, if I wanted to be a tough guy, but didn't have the gumption to pull that off in person, I might be able to do it by creating an Internet alter-ego that was maybe the exact opposite of who I was in real life. In my case though, I am what I am, which is the same in person as I am on the Internet. However, I suspect I am something of an exception.

I think it is absolutely conceivable that Derek is a great guy in real life and sometimes a complete asshole when he is posting on the Internet. Honestly if he were the same guy to his family and friends as the guy he sometimes is on Getbig, there would be almost no one there pulling for his recovery. It is not like he is some kind of cash cow....maybe the opposite. On other hand, he could be a complete sociopath and has fooled his family into thinking he is actually a nice fellow. Truth is, none of us really know him and so we make judgments based on his Internet persona, which could be way off or not.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #928 on: November 05, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »

you cant ignore
everyone knows
you are the
new will grant
lül the new will grant

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #929 on: November 05, 2012, 11:03:10 PM »
Truth is, none of us really know him and so we make judgments based on his Internet persona, which could be way off or not.

That doesn't mean you can't express your opinion. Otherwise there should be a 'no-opinion policy' because most GB members never met another member. So, you can't judge someone if they have a negative opinion about DA either.

My personal opinion is that behind that shit talking online persona is an insecure person with some serious issues.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Team Derek Anthony, bitches
« Reply #930 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
as far as I know dude is and always were harmless, never scammed nobody fake gear and etc.

I just get amazed on some people having pleasure kicking a man when he is down. The reason for that is not the supposed internet persona of DA, thats just a front excuse. Real reason is the shitty life of the attackers and the belief that they are going to get some sort of morbid satisfaction wishing death upon him. Like a pay back on life or something.

Well, that is just pathetic.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #931 on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
team for a guy you have never met in your real life is very gay and naive

Seems like some people like to make everything they don't agree with gay. I say rooting for someone who is down on their luck is human nature....except if you are a complete asswipe.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #932 on: November 05, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
so we cant judge a man who sucks cock in his pursuit to convince us he's gay.. although in real life he s not gay.,.WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT!

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #933 on: November 05, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
Most are, however people like Derek and Gregg ramp it up for the internet and camera.  

I don't claim to know.  But is this booty chicks internet persona an accurate assesment of her real life persona?  Cam girl, narc, ect?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #934 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »
That doesn't mean you can't express your opinion. Otherwise there should be a 'no-opinion policy' because most GB members never met another member. So, you can't judge someone if they have a negative opinion about DA either.

My personal opinion is that behind that shit talking online persona is an insecure person with some serious issues.

Most people who get into bodybuilding have insecurities/low self esteem, particularly with regards to their appearance and sometimes their worth as a person. The admiration that comes with building an attractive muscular body and with displaying it for others often gives them the feeling they are appreciated. However, looks and muscles can be fleeting. Building one's self worth on how they appear to others is like building a house of cards....eventually it will fall.

My personal experience is that I did not like myself because I was a skinny kid. I wanted muscles and I wanted to be admired for having them. Fortunately, I met my wife who loved me regardless of how I looked. Well in truth, she thought I was hot looking even if I really wasn't, but her attraction and love for me went deeper than the exterior. She saw something in me that I am not sure I see in myself even today.

Some folks aren't as lucky as I have been. They spend their whole lives seeking approval from strangers. This pursuit can lead people down some strange paths. G4P is one of those weird paths. The quest for admiration and validation allows some folks to believe any attention is better than no attention. Some would call this narcissistic personality disorder.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #935 on: November 06, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »
fuk you and the horse you rode in

lol

classic ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #936 on: November 06, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
Cliff notes?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #937 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:41 AM »
Cliff notes?

DA went to hospital, was in a coma. Currently on a machine to help him breathe but slowly being weened off it. DA's parents sent out a message that doctors said he is getting better. The doctors said it will be a slow recovery process to get him back.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #938 on: November 06, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
Best wishes to D.A. - As a lot of people have pointed out being on here is pantomime and people talk a lot of shit without really meaning it. I hope he gets better.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: November 06, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »
Best wishes to D.A. - As a lot of people have pointed out being on here is pantomime and people talk a lot of shit without really meaning it. I hope he gets better.

Check out the vid where he's driving and talking (yes... not exactly the safest thing to do.) He seems like a decent guy. He just gets too involved with the haters on here sometimes.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #940 on: November 06, 2012, 02:13:39 AM »
Rons obvious history with DA's penis being displayed in this thread.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #941 on: November 06, 2012, 02:29:13 AM »
I wonder how much the doctor visit/stay cost him?

I've talked to him before briefly, nice guy hope he recovers

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #942 on: November 06, 2012, 06:00:22 AM »
If you guys truly wish someone ill will, you guys suck.  Like many of us, we have our strange internet persona's and then there is real life. Never wish ill will on others - not a good idea, and definitely bad karma.   Jeez.  I have met Derek Anthony, in person, and he was always nice and respectful to me, even if we did banter on the boards. 

I don't see a lot of people wishing the guy ill health.

I see a lot of people who think the guy is a disaster area - with very little respect for life.  I see them wondering whether the dude really deserves to live whilst good people die all the time.

Forget people on the internet he has abused with his troll persona  - the true cost of his stupidity is now starting to be counted - his family, having to deal with the ramifications of his drug abuse.

It's a cautionary tale, Ron.  One that should be told.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:41 AM »
 To most of us he only exists as an internet persona and he (deliberately) provokes and trolls people with said internet persona. So, when the man behind the internet persona gets ill, it's hard to give a shit.

He has never posted about anything other than himself, not once.

Plus the fact he was supposed to be at death's door the last time and people were crying into their cyber-hankies about it and he came back exactly the same, trolling people to make them listen to his blog radio show.

O

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #944 on: November 06, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »
Just so you know, I do not condone this behavior, however a lot of folks have alter-egos. In person they don't have the courage that hiding behind the Internet allows them. A good comparison is when some people drink a little to much their personalities morph into something else, usually not something better either.

For example, if I wanted to be a tough guy, but didn't have the gumption to pull that off in person, I might be able to do it by creating an Internet alter-ego that was maybe the exact opposite of who I was in real life. In my case though, I am what I am, which is the same in person as I am on the Internet. However, I suspect I am something of an exception.

I think it is absolutely conceivable that Derek is a great guy in real life and sometimes a complete asshole when he is posting on the Internet. Honestly if he were the same guy to his family and friends as the guy he sometimes is on Getbig, there would be almost no one there pulling for his recovery. It is not like he is some kind of cash cow....maybe the opposite. On other hand, he could be a complete sociopath and has fooled his family into thinking he is actually a nice fellow. Truth is, none of us really know him and so we make judgments based on his Internet persona, which could be way off or not.

I'm absolutely certain you're an idiot.....no need for an alter ego to determine that.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #945 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
Derek was on death's door last year and came on here basically telling everyone to Fukc off etc. I'm amazed he isn't getting it much worse this time around. The fact that he isn't tells you that most people do have compassion, even for a douche bag like DA.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #946 on: November 06, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »
Derek was on death's door last year and came on here basically telling everyone to Fukc off etc. I'm amazed he isn't getting it much worse this time around. The fact that he isn't tells you that most people do have compassion, even for a douche bag like DA.

Still hope for humanity

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #947 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
The guy still has lots of life to live, Please GOD destroy the biggest Arms in the world clown and/or Kobe Bryant and spare DA

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #948 on: November 06, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »
I'm absolutely certain you're an idiot.....no need for an alter ego to determine that.

not an idiot, just a paid up member of da's site  :-X

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #949 on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
I wish Derek Anthony no specific harm.