Author Topic: Derek Anthony - heart attack - coma - and recovery  (Read 242483 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Derek Anthony - had a heart attack - in a coma
« Reply #1100 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »
It's funny, dude is barley out of the woods and everybody jumps on him. Hope he gets well enough to see this post. Schmoe on Derek.

Bad News Brown

• Getbig II
  • How bout 5 cross yo lip?
« Reply #1101 on: November 09, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1102 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
I agreed with your original post - just wanted to add some thoughts onto it. Unfortunately, I don't see DA really changing his life after he gets out of hospital... it's hard to change, especially if he's successful in his current life, but it can't be healthy to continue like that. Look at where he is now.

I hereby nominate this post as the dumbest post I have ever read in my 5 years of getbig. Congrats

there are a lot of evil , ignorant, hatefull motherfukers posting here. that is not your case. You are however extremely dumb

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1103 on: November 09, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
I agreed with your original post - just wanted to add some thoughts onto it. Unfortunately, I don't see DA really changing his life after he gets out of hospital... it's hard to change, especially if he's successful in his current life, but it can't be healthy to continue like that. Look at where he is now.

If his lifestyle is responsible for his critical health issues, how is it that you think he is successful in his current life. Seems to me he has been egregiously unsuccessful as of late?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #1104 on: November 09, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
If his lifestyle is responsible for his critical health issues, how is it that you think he is successful in his current life. Seems to me he has been egregiously unsuccessful as of late?

What you think is irrelevant - success is in the eye of the beholder, especially when it is the metric one may use, to make decisions on how to act thereafter.   That was his point and whilst you missed it, at least you didn't miss it and point out that your failure to see the point was the dumbest thing you've ever read on getbig ::)

What you and Slate seem to have forgotten, is the man was forced onto dialysis and unrepentant.  Your opinions of "success" are in another universe compared to DA  :-\  The guy who posted the "dumbest thing" slate has ever read on GB is right.

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #1105 on: November 09, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »
okay we get it , you want to suck his dick , enough already     ::)

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #1106 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
You got that from my post? Seems to me your reading comprehension is way, way off. Oh that's right, you have a juvenile intellect. You think your asinine comments are funny, much like a 13 year old thinks their stupid jokes are funny. Grow up dude. You are among adults here.
::)  adult ? I dont even consider you a person  you subhuman faggo t

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #1107 on: November 09, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »
Calm down people. If what was deemed "dumb" in my post was the comment about Derek being successful even in his current state, let me clarify.

What I termed as successful is that he still has friends (obviously not here but he does in many other places), he still has a loving family who cares about him and know the real him, he works for a living (regardless of the actual job), seems to be a nice guy (contrary to what most of you think), drives a nice car, etc. He may not be rich but he's living his life and seems fairly happy. In his own way, that's successful.

I was not referring to his health issues.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1108 on: November 09, 2012, 10:03:43 PM »
how old is the dude? jesus......the fucker had supermodel looks less than 5-6 years ago and threw it away for a garbage physique anyways
l

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #1109 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
how old is the dude? jesus......the fucker had supermodel looks less than 5-6 years ago and threw it away for a garbage physique anyways

Supermodel looks? Are you being facetious?
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1110 on: November 09, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »
Calm down people. If what was deemed "dumb" in my post was the comment about Derek being successful even in his current state, let me clarify.

What I termed as successful is that he still has friends (obviously not here but he does in many other places), he still has a loving family who cares about him and know the real him, he works for a living (regardless of the actual job), seems to be a nice guy (contrary to what most of you think), drives a nice car, etc. He may not be rich but he's living his life and seems fairly happy. In his own way, that's successful.

There is no need to calm down since I am not upset with your post, nor do I think it was dumb.

Having friends who care about you and family that loves you is a measure of success. After all, these are often the people who know you best.

In Derek's case, some of his perceived success is based on his pubic persona, which was achieved in part by the various choices he's made to appear as he does and act as he does. There was a time, having huge muscles and a lot of attitude was a part of his success. There was a time when having schmoes stuff dollars in his g-string and posing nude was a part of his personal measure success. One hopes that some of those aspects of his life are past, because it seems possible that some of those choices landed him in the trouble he is in today.

Just so you know, this is just an observation, I have no feeling of malice towards Derek. Despite what some jerks like to post, I never met him nor do I know him on any personal level what-so-ever.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1111 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:23 PM »

No, he is being gay.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #1112 on: November 09, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
just got off the phone with derek.

he said "uuuuugggnnhhh mmmmfffftttphhhh ggggguuugggllllee"

then i heard a flatline

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #1113 on: November 09, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »

compared to most bodybuilders ???
l

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1114 on: November 10, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »

The "real him" is what led him down this path. I never thought he was a nice guy, but a delusional mental oyster who only saw his way, and only his way. Willing to compromise his health, his family, and any shread of integrity for what? Dancing around and camming for men?

Nice guy, no...there are far too many words in the dictionary to describe what he is. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1115 on: November 10, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
I wonder if Derek voted for Obama. Oh wait.......
X

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #1116 on: November 10, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
The "real him" is what led him down this path. I never thought he was a nice guy, but a delusional mental oyster who only saw his way, and only his way. Willing to compromise his health, his family, and any shread of integrity for what? Dancing around and camming for men?

Nice guy, no...there are far too many words in the dictionary to describe what he is. 

On a board like this, if you spend too much time here, you're bound to get into a fight or two. Aside from the back-and-forth war of words, what has he really done that pissed people off? How is it different than the people who were fighting with him? Seems like he just got too involved too many times and people started not liking him because he took it so seriously and got angry. If you have a personality like Derek, it can be easy to be baited.

Watch some of the vids where he talks - particularly the one where he's driving in his car to a club or something. Seems harmless.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #1117 on: November 10, 2012, 01:42:15 AM »
compared to most bodybuilders ???
dude he looks like elephant man with downs syndrome and that's being nice

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1118 on: November 10, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
dude he looks like elephant man with downs syndrome and that's being nice

I'd hate to see what you post when you aren't being nice.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #1119 on: November 10, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
Great "sport"
U

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1120 on: November 10, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »
On a board like this, if you spend too much time here, you're bound to get into a fight or two. Aside from the back-and-forth war of words, what has he really done that pissed people off? How is it different than the people who were fighting with him? Seems like he just got too involved too many times and people started not liking him because he took it so seriously and got angry. If you have a personality like Derek, it can be easy to be baited.

Watch some of the vids where he talks - particularly the one where he's driving in his car to a club or something. Seems harmless.

Around here... disagreements and "fights" are par for the course... In general though, if you are a getbigger and not a random and you have been through the mud, you will still be respected.

Derek takes it to an extreme though... He talks mad shit about the "haters", when some of his haters are probably why he's alive... The "haters", told him to get checked out because he didn't look right and they saved his life.

So Derek needs to lay off the bullshit... It's time to hang up the banana hammock and move on to something else.

It's cool if he wants to be a getbigger... You never quit getbig... but it's time to give up on the whole "bodybuilding" money train and do something else.

He needs to try some humility in his life.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1121 on: November 10, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »
It's time to hang up the banana hammock and move on to something else.

Banana hammocks are best used by the young and healthy. There comes a time when these little bits should be retired or sold to the highest bidder.  :)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1122 on: November 10, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »
  411 on DA?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1123 on: November 10, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
  411 on DA?

The last report I read was that he was off the ventilator and semi-consious. He recognized some family members, but not others. I doubt he is thinking much about Getbigers right now. If he is still in ICU, only close family is generally allowed to visit there.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #1124 on: November 10, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »
You guys are still talking about this douchebag for 46 pages and counting? ::)