Author Topic: Under Obama - Food stamp growth 75x greater than growth in Jobs  (Read 3479 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Under Obama - Food stamp growth 75x greater than growth in Jobs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Obama has been excellent for the food stamp printing industry.

Well, they use the EFT cards now.  But you know what i mean.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:22:15 PM »
Obama has been excellent for the food stamp printing industry.

Well, they use the EFT cards now.  But you know what i mean.

That takes the shame factor out of it. I remember when I was a kid, the LAST THING I wanted my mother to do was to send me to the corner store or the flip lady to buy stuff with food stamps.

If you got caught, you got CLOWNED, BIG TIME (even when your buddies' mamas were on welfare themselves).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
That takes the shame factor out of it. I remember when I was a kid, the LAST THING I wanted my mother to do was to send me to the corner store or the flip lady to buy stuff with food stamps.

If you got caught, you got CLOWNED, BIG TIME (even when your buddies' mamas were on welfare themselves).

I remember that, using the pink and yellow money.  We got WIC too.   We were dirt diet poor.   Didn't like using them.

There are some days when I'm in the grocery store looking at a $220 bill that I sure wish I had some of those foodstamps now!  haha

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »
I remember that, using the pink and yellow money.  We got WIC too.   We were dirt diet poor.   Didn't like using them.

There are some days when I'm in the grocery store looking at a $220 bill that I sure wish I had some of those foodstamps now!  haha

If my memory serves me correctly, the $1 stamps were red; the $5 stamps were blue; and the $10 stamps were yellow.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly, the $1 stamps were red; the $5 stamps were blue; and the $10 stamps were yellow.

were you on food stamps?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »
were you on food stamps?

Not as an adult. The account I mentioned earlier was from my childhood. My mother was on welfare, when times were hard. But, I don't remember her being on it for more than a few months. She worked two jobs, to keep me in private school.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »

i'm 36, it was a long time back.  We got them for a brief time as a kid, when I was very young.  I remember buying milk with em.  We got WIC too, that rocked, we loved when the 'milkman' dropped off KIX cereal and milk and cheese.  that was maybe 1981, 1983?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
Not as an adult. The account I mentioned earlier was from my childhood. My mother was on welfare, when times were hard. But, I don't remember her being on it for more than a few months. She worked two jobs, to keep me in private school.

So you support food stamps?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
Was never on them but would see people in the grocery line ahead of mother paying with them.  For some reason (???) they were not allowed to tear out the coupons from the books themselves.  They had to hand it to the cashier and the cashier would tear them out.  If they had coupons loose in their hands they were not allowed to use them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »
Was never on them but would see people in the grocery line ahead of mother paying with them.  For some reason (???) they were not allowed to tear out the coupons from the books themselves.  They had to hand it to the cashier and the cashier would tear them out.  If they had coupons loose in their hands they were not allowed to use them. 

I remember that.  Something about people re-selling them, maybe?   I remember people selling them at 80% so they can buy beer was a big problem.

"DONT LOSE THAT BOOK!"  hahaha okay, mom...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
I would imagine thats true. With what the country went thru....nobody wanted to spend money after the housing/bank crisis hit. And that means business's stopped spending too.....since no more customers.     However alot of homes are being built in my area and people are driving new cars.....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »
So you support food stamps?

About as much as he supports a womans right to choose whether to have a abortion or not

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 08:39:51 AM »
About as much as he supports a womans right to choose whether to have a abortion or not

I know alot of couples that cant have children. Couldnt adoption solve 2 problems at the same time?
Of course in case of incest or danger to mother...i can see.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »

I know alot of couples that cant have children. Couldnt adoption solve 2 problems at the same time?
Of course in case of incest or danger to mother...i can see.

so you're still in favor of forcing a woman to give birth to the child of her rapist?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
so you're still in favor of forcing a woman to give birth to the child of her rapist?

NO.  rape incest mother danger.   Inconvenience. YES.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 08:52:54 AM »
NO.  rape incest mother danger.   Inconvenience. YES.

why is that your choice to make?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »
why is that your choice to make?

Because im a member of Getbig, dummy. ;D

Off to the gym....cya!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »

Because im a member of Getbig, dummy. ;D

Off to the gym....cya!

what a coincidence... me too

I guess our opinions cancel each other out on this topic

at least we can still agree on tax cuts for fetuses right ?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
Food Stamp Enrollment Is Up by More Under Obama Than During Bush's Eight Years
By Tom Blumer | November 13, 2012

Consider it a grim, hidden, unreported milestone, and yet another media failure.

The grim milestone relates to the increase in food stamp enrollment during the Obama administration. As Dave Gibson at Examiner.com noted on Saturday, the administration and campaign (as if there was any difference) did not release program participation data for August until three days after the election, roughly ten days after such monthly reports have typically been issued. What the data demonstrated is that food stamp enrollment during the first 43 months of the Obama administration has increased by more than it did during the entire eight years of George W. Bush's presidency, officially earning Obama the title of "Food Stamp President."

Specifically, the 421,000 increase in enrollment recorded in August brought the Obama administration's cumulative 43-month enrollment increase to 15.12 million, easily eclipsing the 14.77 million increase seen during Bush's eight years:

The difference between the size of the August increase (almost 421,000) and that seen in July (only about 11,600) is enough to make one wonder if the administration deliberately understated July's number, which brought its cumulative enrollment increase to within 70,000 of Bush 43's entire eight-year increase. Also justifying suspicion: Enrollment during the two previous months increased by almost 400,000 consisting of 222,000 in May and 173,000 in June.

A Saturday morning report at the Associated Press, aka the Administration's Press, merely told us that "food stamps now help feed 47 million people." A brief AP item on Monday only told readers that "A record 47.1 million Americans received food stamps in August, the government said, as stubborn unemployment kept enrollment high."

Sorry, folks, but "stubborn unemployment" can't possibly explain the explosion in participation under Obama. Food stamp enrollment has surged by 9.43 million, a stunning 25 percent, in the 34 months since October 2009, when the seasonally adjusted national unemployment rate, currently at 7.9 percent, peaked at 10.0 percent. Even the fully-loaded U-6 unemployment rate has dropped during that time.

A Republican or conservative administration attempting to engage in such a reporting deferral so close to an election would have been hounded on a daily basis beginning on about October 29 with reporters wondering where the August report was. Additionally, someone in the press would have noticed the record-setting nature of August's report by now. But no one has -- or if they have, they've decided not to tell us.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/11/13/food-stamp-enrollment-more-under-obama-during-bushs-eight-years

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Why would anyone be surprised that use of food stamps goes up during an economic downturn

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
Why would anyone be surprised that use of food stamps goes up during an economic downturn

I thought we were in a recovery? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »
I thought we were in a recovery? 

we are but that doesn't mean that people still need some assistance

Newt Gingrich made a claim that "more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history."
and that of course that turned out to be a lie and the truth is that more people signed up from food stamps under Bush than Obama

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-01-18/fact-check-gingrich-obama-food-stamps/52645882/1?wpisrc=nl_wonk

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/chart-newt-gingrich-obama-food-stamp-president

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
The economy "recovering" means food stamp usage, as well as other forms of government assistance, increase?

I would hate to see the economy start to regress.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
Increase abortions and Food Stamps usage will lower.  Why don`t Republicans understand that?