Author Topic: Chris Christie: Mitt hasn't called me since Sandy hit  (Read 4645 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Chris Christie: Mitt hasn't called me since Sandy hit
« on: November 03, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/02/1154479/-Chris-Christie-Mitt-hasn-t-called-me-since-Sandy-hit

FRI NOV 02, 2012 AT 02:47 PM PDT
Chris Christie: Mitt hasn't called me since Sandy hit
bynjhooFollow
PERMALINK   141 COMMENTS / 5 NEW
On XM radio, Chris Russo interviewed NJ Governor Christie.. For this who don't know.. Russo is a sports talk show host.. And in my opinion, an amazing interviewer.. Russo has ties to the Nj shore and a host on his station is friendly with Christie, so he got Christie on..

It was a great interview. Christie praised President Obama for his assistance.. He admitted they don't agree on much but in this matter Obama has been amazing and has helped in many ways, not just words.

Russo wanted to be fair so he asked Christie about Mitt and if Mitt had called him. Answer "Governor Romney last called me on Sunday as Sandy was approaching",

Ouch.. No call to check and see how the state was... Granted mitt isn't President but it struck me as a terse answer and Chrisie seemed unimpressed.. Russo didn't press it and moved on

All in all a great interview.. NJ shore has been wrecked (like other areas)...

unfortunately there is no link to the quote.. much of the interview is available here
http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/...

problem is, that clip ends abruptly after they discuss the Giants/Steelers game this weekend .. it was a long interview and shortly after that, Russo asked about Romney...  Russo had no agenda.. he was just being a fair and good interviewer...In the clip, you do hear Christie praise Obama some...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Chris Christie: Mitt hasn't called me since Sandy hit
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
I'm not suprised

Romney is a con man who uses people when it suits his purpose

He probably has no use for Christie at this moment and of course doesn't give a shit about him, his family, the people in his state, etc..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »
oh wow.  ROmney will be the next POTUS.  He should stay connected.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
LOL why would he call?

what can he do right now?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:59 AM »
LOL why would he call?

what can he do right now?

seems like normal human nature to call a friend and see if you can offer any help, especially so if you think you're going to be the POTUS elect in a few short days

And we know Romney was aware of the devastation because he had that phony food donation stunt a few days earlier.   Maybe he could have called to see if the 5k worth of granola bars and peanut butter had arrived yet

just seems like very odd behaviour not to reach out and offer help to a friend in a time of need

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
seems like normal human nature to call a friend and see if you can offer any help, especially so if you think you're going to be the POTUS elect in a few short days

And we know Romney was aware of the devastation because he had that phony food donation stunt a few days earlier.   Maybe he could have called to see if the 5k worth of granola bars and peanut butter had arrived yet

just seems like very odd behaviour not to reach out and offer help to a friend in a time of need
LOL this is half a step above garbage men and taxes ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »
LOL this is half a step above garbage men and taxes ::)

calling a friend to let him know you're ready to offer any help that you can ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
calling a friend to let him know you're ready to offer any help that you can ?
LOL garbage men and taxes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »
LOL garbage men and taxes
what's that from?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
The fact is that republicans don't believe the government has any business providing disaster relief. If it was up to them only private volunteers and organizations would be involved in relief efforts and not the government. Right or wrong, that is the Republicans honest opinion on the subject.  I wish they would come right out and admit it instead of attacking Obama for what he isn't doing.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
The fact is that republicans don't believe the government has any business providing disaster relief. If it was up to them only private volunteers and organizations would be involved in relief efforts and not the government. Right or wrong, that is the Republicans honest opinion on the subject.  I wish they would come right out and admit it instead of attacking Obama for what he isn't doing.

This

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:59 AM »

Right. Because FEMA has done a great job so far. They ran out of water last Wednesday. Gas shortage all over the place. It is private volunteers, CHRISTIAN organizations and local associations that are carrying the day and helping people out in many areas of NY and NJ.

Romney doesn't have to call Christie, but the President needed to go to NJ because THAT IS PART OF HIS JOB. Only IDIOTS give any credit to the clown in chief for going to NJ. He was SUPPOSED TO DO THAT, IT'S HIS JOB, YOU MORONS.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »
If the government is so great at helping people in a timely manner, why are these people yelling at the Mayor?

Angry New Yorkers Confront Mayor Bloomberg About Hurricane Sandy Aid
Share this with a friend
Follow us and never miss a story!

By Michael Allen, Sun, November 04, 2012
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was confronted by angry citizens, on Saturday, while visiting a neighborhood in Rockaway, Queens that had been ravaged by Hurricane Sandy.

One woman yelled: "When are we going to get some f****** help?"

An angry man told Mayor Bloomberg: "There’s old ladies in my building that don’t got nothing. Mr. Bloomberg, this is the first drop off site. Over the bridge we can't get a bottle of water, a hot chocolate, a coffee, nothing."

The confrontations were recorded by NY 1 TV, who happened to be in the neighborhood, reports the Daily Mail.

Mayor Bloomberg told the angry citizens: "You know, we're trying to do it as fast as we can."
He told WCBS-TV that he regretted canceling he New York Marathon: "I still think that we had the resources to do both, and that we want people to be able to take a break and that sort of thing. ... It's a big part of our economy."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/environment/video-angry-new-yorkers-confront-mayor-bloomberg-about-hurricane-sandy-aid

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »
If the government is so great at helping people in a timely manner, why are these people yelling at the Mayor?

Angry New Yorkers Confront Mayor Bloomberg About Hurricane Sandy Aid
Share this with a friend
Follow us and never miss a story!

By Michael Allen, Sun, November 04, 2012
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was confronted by angry citizens, on Saturday, while visiting a neighborhood in Rockaway, Queens that had been ravaged by Hurricane Sandy.

One woman yelled: "When are we going to get some f****** help?"

An angry man told Mayor Bloomberg: "There’s old ladies in my building that don’t got nothing. Mr. Bloomberg, this is the first drop off site. Over the bridge we can't get a bottle of water, a hot chocolate, a coffee, nothing."

The confrontations were recorded by NY 1 TV, who happened to be in the neighborhood, reports the Daily Mail.

Mayor Bloomberg told the angry citizens: "You know, we're trying to do it as fast as we can."
He told WCBS-TV that he regretted canceling he New York Marathon: "I still think that we had the resources to do both, and that we want people to be able to take a break and that sort of thing. ... It's a big part of our economy."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/environment/video-angry-new-yorkers-confront-mayor-bloomberg-about-hurricane-sandy-aid
Obviously you have never been hit directly with a Hurricane before and neither have these "Angry New Yorkers".

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »
Obviously you have never been hit directly with a Hurricane before and neither have these "Angry New Yorkers".

So in other words, the government would be even more useless if the Hurricane had been more destructive.

Thanks for agreeing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
So in other words, the government would be even more useless if the Hurricane had been more destructive.

Thanks for agreeing.
Total opposite.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 06:33:16 AM »
Total opposite.

Right.

This was category 1 and the government is slow as hell and showing every step of the way how incompetent it is. I don't want to imagine how the government would do if it's citizens were to suffer a "direct hit" from a category 3.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
Right. Because FEMA has done a great job so far. They ran out of water last Wednesday. Gas shortage all over the place. It is private volunteers, CHRISTIAN organizations and local associations that are carrying the day and helping people out in many areas of NY and NJ.

Romney doesn't have to call Christie, but the President needed to go to NJ because THAT IS PART OF HIS JOB. Only IDIOTS give any credit to the clown in chief for going to NJ. He was SUPPOSED TO DO THAT, IT'S HIS JOB, YOU MORONS.

My  point wasn't whether the government does a great job. In some instances it does and in others it doesn't.  The point I was trying to make was Republicans wouldn't do anything if it where up the them and they are being disingenuous when they criticize Obama's relief efforts.  They need to man up and admit what they truly believe.

A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 06:39:47 AM »
Right.

This was category 1 and the government is slow as hell and showing every step of the way how incompetent it is. I don't want to imagine how the government would do if it's citizens were to suffer a "direct hit" from a category 3.

A category 1 can have more total energy and be way more devastating than a category 5.  The categories only measure wind speed and nothing else.  Obviously you know nothing about Hurricanes either.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20:44 AM »
A category 1 can have more total energy and be way more devastating than a category 5.  The categories only measure wind speed and nothing else.  Obviously you know nothing about Hurricanes either.

You are talking out of your twat. Stick to arguing over calories in the main gossip forum. Category 3 is cosindered a Major hurricane storm, not category 1. The HIGHER the category, the HIGHER THE POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »

Don't try to change the subject, plebeian. The fact is government is terrible at actually helping people. We either have to help each other or be reduce to begging the government for aid. Like these folks:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
You are talking out of your twat. Stick to arguing over calories in the main gossip forum. Category 3 is cosindered a Major hurricane storm, not category 1. The HIGHER the category, the HIGHER THE POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

Uh, as I stated:

The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale is a 1 to 5 rating based on a hurricane's sustained wind speed.

Also, just to let you know, NOAA has many great climate models on Climate Change.  You oughta check them out while you are on there.  You might learn something.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »
Uh, as I stated:

The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale is a 1 to 5 rating based on a hurricane's sustained wind speed.

Also, just to let you know, NOAA has many great climate models on Climate Change.  You oughta check them out while you are on there.  You might learn something.

Uh, you are missing the point.

They measure wind speed, but the reason for the different categories is the POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE. THE HIGHTER THE CATEGORY THEY HIGHER THE POTENTIAL DAMAGE. That is the measure used by news programs in this area.

THUS, CATEGORIES 3-5 WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS, BE CONSIDERED POTENTIALLY MORE DANGEROUS THAN A 1 OR A 2.

You are resorting to completely ignore the ineffectiveness of the government and are now pursuing an argument that you have already lost.  Save face by accepting the fact that the federal government has been useless in this situation.