Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs 50 Cent  (Read 34629 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Floyd Mayweather vs 50 Cent
« on: November 03, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »
 :o

I don't really like either but I got 50 on this one, because he knows how to invest him money vs. gamble it away, and Yuriorkis Gamboa would manhandle Floyd.

What's up with that flag on his trunks?   8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, bear with me. There's a boxing element to all of this celebrity beef, but first let's go through the last 48-hours of TMZ-like drama.
On Thursday, rapper, 50 Cent fired the first shot via his official Twitter account, confirming the rumor that he and Floyd Mayweather were no longer friends and were not, in any way, partners in his upstart boxing promotion venture.
"TMT IS OVER. The Money team is no longer a team," 50 Cent wrote. "I'm no longer a part or down with TMT Promotions. If anyone wants a Money Team jacket I'm selling mine for a dollar.
Recently, the platinum-selling rapper would also use the social media vehicle to indicate that his fighter, Yuriorkis Gamboa, wants to move up in weight to take Mayweather out.
"GAMBOA MOVING UP IN WEIGHT FLOYD. You should have know [sic] not to go against me PUNK."
Less than an hour later, the five-division world titlist and reigning champ of boxing controversy, Mayweather, fired back with a picture-perfect counter.
"A male boxing groupie," Mayweather wrote on an instagram photo of 50 Cent holding Mayweather's belts. "Hold my belts because your album sales have declined"
On another instagram photo, this one of the rapper wearing a "Money Team" leather jacket, "Mayweather wrote: "F**k Boy you look cute in that jacket."
Mayweather would also run through a plethora of insulting digs at 50 Cent's company, SMS, indicating that the initials stand for "Snakes Maneuver Slick," "Sisters Managing Sports," and "Similar Mayweather Show."
"Twitter beefs" have become commonplace in the world of professional boxing, but few have the mainstream reach of this social media version of Tupac vs. Biggie.
There are a few rumors about why this nastiness began in the first place, the biggest being a story that 50 Cent and a member of Mayweather's inner team made an attempt to create a wedge between the fighter and adviser, Al Haymon as well as informal associates, Golden Boy Promotions. The story, as published by Ben Thompson of Fighthype.com, involved a letter sent to Mayweather while he was serving his jail sentence for domestic battery.
In the correspondence, it was implied that Haymon and Golden Boy were not getting the full money due to him and that if he ditched their services, he could possibly generate anywhere from $500 million to $1 billion in additional revenue before he retired. The strong implication was that Mayweather should work with 50 Cent's company, alone.
Mayweather, of course, was not keen on severing ties with allies who have made him the highest-paid athlete in sports today. Thus, the beef started to brew and it eventually turned into this nasty divorce of the new jack boxing "bromance" of the century.
Whatever the case, there seems to be legitimate bad blood between the two and it has already caused them to pursue a working relationship with the other's professional rival-- Mayweather with 50 Cent's rap rival, Rick Ross and 50 Cent with Mayweather's promotional rival, Bob Arum.
And, now, here comes the part where this affects boxing.
If getting Mayweather and Arum into the same room was difficult before, forget about it now. Mayweather, more than any other fighter in the sport, has demonstrated that he will absolutely not do something that he doesn't want to do and, when convinced that he's right, just cannot be convinced into giving an inch.
For Bob Arum, the Mayweather-50 Cent beef is good business. He gets the rapper funneling talent into his shows (like Gamboa and Anthony Dirrell) and he assumes none of the risk or effort he would incur if the fighters were actually under contract with him.
More importantly, though, Arum gets one final, deal-killing wedge between his fighter, Manny Pacquiao, and Mayweather. Pacquiao-Mayweather was a fight that Arum, for many reasons, never really seemed to want and now this drama will pretty much kill any outside chance of putting the two fighters in the same ring.
For Mayweather, the split with his rapping buddy will likely have little immediate impact. If/when he returns to the ring, Golden Boy has plenty of potential welterweight and junior middleweight opponents from which to choose.
Professionally, 50 Cent needed Mayweather more than Mayweather needed 50 Cent. Down the line, if the hip-hop star is serious about the boxing business, that may change. But, right now, Mayweather is king and it's 50 Cent who finds himself outside of the castle.
But don't expect the author of "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" to go down without taking some real solid swings. Seeing his most recent tweets, this war has just begun:
"I can't hang out with Floyd no more,I'm tired of running from manny pacquiao"

"MONEY Floyd you know I have more MONEY then you.Al Haymen [sic] got you on a Allowance, you go broke every fight stupid."  :o

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs 50 Cent
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:30 AM »
great...a twitter beef.  ::)

I

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
Gayer than Ronnie vs Dorian

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
All these shit talkers are cowards.. Nothing but publicity stunts. How come never these tough guys meet up in real life and get busy? Went from beefing on records to beefing on Twitter... Fucking joke these days...... ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »
All these shit talkers are cowards.. Nothing but publicity stunts. How come never these tough guys meet up in real life and get busy? Went from beefing on records to beefing on Twitter... Fucking joke these days...... ::)

Yes, mayweather seems like the kind of guy who is afraid to throw hands

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »

You know, you actually nailed me there, but I was thinking about rappers or people in general - but I gotta give it to you, Floyd would most likely demolish 50 if they ever met and it was on... ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
A male boxing groupie

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 07:57:25 PM »
Mayweather will NEVER raise a fist outside of the ring because of these goons that protect him in public 24/7:

And that's not for a publicity stunt, they literally follow him everywhere. At least $500K in services yearly...

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
Isn't Floyd like 5'5" 120 pounds? Fight would probably be closer than you think. Granted he is the best fighting midget in the world, but against real men he would be probably be hurt. I don't buy this trained fighter can easily beat every bodybuilder tough guy etc just because he is a trained fighter.
T

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:02 PM »
You know, you actually nailed me there, but I was thinking about rappers or people in general - but I gotta give it to you, Floyd would most likely demolish 50 if they ever met and it was on... ;D
are you crazy.... isnt floyd like 160....
boxing against a 160 guy in a ring fine...
fighting on the srteet against a 200+ 50cent what happens when 50 grabs a hold of all 12 stone or 160lb 5'5 mayweather...
shakes head :-\
choice is an illusion

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
fighting on the srteet against a 200+ 50cent what happens when 50 grabs a hold of all 12 stone or 160lb 5'5 mayweather...
There will be no grabbing on 50's part...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
Isn't Floyd like 5'5" 120 pounds? Fight would probably be closer than you think. Granted he is the best fighting midget in the world, but against real men he would be probably be hurt. I don't buy this trained fighter can easily beat every bodybuilder tough guy etc just because he is a trained fighter.
this
people dont think sometimes...
choice is an illusion

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »

Qft

Lol at these queers that think any fighter can kick everyone's ass in the world just because he's a fighter. Guys like Floyd are trained to fight other little tiny guys, and even so someone like Floyd has great difficulty knocking out other trained midgets.

I can imagine some of the big Bodybuilders on this site quivering in fear at the site of little Manny PAC man hahaha!
T

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
There will be no grabbing on 50's part...

we arent talking about bodyguards..
im sure 50 has his people too in spades
im saying this....
people need to seperate boxing in a ring from a streetfight.....
choice is an illusion

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
Qft

Lol at these queers that think any fighter can kick everyone's ass in the world just because he's a fighter. Guys like Floyd are trained to fight other little tiny guys, and even so someone like Floyd has great difficulty knocking out other trained midgets.

I can imagine some of the big Bodybuilders on this site quivering in fear at the site of little Manny PAC man hahaha!

pac will KTFO any bodybuilder in the history of bodybuilding

shit pac could blitz 50 in a row lol

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
pac will KTFO any bodybuilder in the history of bodybuilding

shit pac could blitz 50 in a row lol

No.
T

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »
There's nobody on this board that could whoop Floyd Mayweather. 

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
There's nobody 140lbs on this board that could whoop Floyd Mayweather in a boxing ring
Fixed
choice is an illusion

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
bench

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 09:07:38 PM »

Actually, this is a good question for "1" since he trains with boxers and MMA guys.  how would he fair in a street fight?  Here's what I think:  Most boxers are hood rats, so they had their fair share of street fights, but as they train professionally, their hands become weapons, and they SIT on their punches and KNOW how to take a punch, no matter the circumstances vs the untrained hood rat, who just throws hands like BDB.

Mike Tyson destroyed 3 guys in a hotel lobby to the point they sued him after they started the altercation.

FMW at 165 off-season peppers any getbigger in a street fight.

This is a True Story.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
There's nobody on this board that could beat up a top 5 189lb high school wrestler in any state.  Let alone a world class fighter.

You'd be hard pressed to whoop up most of the dudes on WorldStarHipHops fights of the week.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 09:18:58 PM »
There's nobody on this board that could beat up a top 5 189lb high school wrestler in any state.  Let alone a world class fighter.

We're talking about welterweight boxers not 189 pound wrestlers. These absolute statements are retarded. FYI, plenty of people on bodybuilding/fitness/physique forums train mma and martial arts, and plenty of bigger guys that train could beat the shit out of a welterweight boxer - "world class" or not.
T

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
Floyd Mayweather would beat the shit out of 50c in a boxing ring ,octagon  or the streets ,I hope this helps.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »
We're talking about welterweight boxers not 189 pound wrestlers. These absolute statements are retarded. FYI, plenty of people on bodybuilding/fitness/physique forums train mma and martial arts, and plenty of bigger guys that train could beat the shit out of a welterweight boxer - "world class" or not.

Wrong.  Nobody you know that is not a world class fighter could beat up a welterweight world class fighter no matter how many "fitness' forums you visit.  What a retard.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
Wrong.  Nobody you know that is not a world class fighter could beat up a welterweight world class fighter no matter how many "fitness' forums you visit.  What a retard.

LoL I weigh about 267 and I would easily beat the shit out of PAC man, FMW or any other welterweight fighter.
Lol! What a fag you must be with with your childish idealation of these midgets.. You are like those little kids that had Bruce Lee photos on their wall in the 70s and thought Bruce Lee could beat up anyone lol yes I am sure FMW would beat Mariusz Pudzanowski LOLOLOL!!!
T