Author Topic: How sure are you?  (Read 5054 times)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: How sure are you?
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
not that sure

democrats cheat and are mostly criminals after all

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
fair enough - I haven't actually bothered counting up either of your threads

the truly good news is that all this nonsense will be over in 2 more days

my statements about "actual votes" were sarcasm as you constantly seemed to be ranting about the polls, Gallup in particular

That's because, at the time, I didn't have any numbers from actual votes. Now I do, and you've seen them at least twice within the last day or so.

But, since Adonis and others TKers want to yap about statistics and odds, why not cite the odds in Gallup (when a challenger is 50% or higher since mid-October, currently at 100%).

Or cite the ol' "Redskins Rule" which is (making a correction here) 94% accurate? 17 of 18 times, the outcome of a Redskins home game before election day had picked the winner.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
That's because, at the time, I didn't have any numbers from actual votes. Now I do, and you've seen them at least twice within the last day or so.

But, since Adonis and others TKers want to yap about statistics and odds, why not cite the odds in Gallup (when a challenger is 50% or higher since mid-October, currently at 100%).

Or cite the ol' "Redskins Rule" which is (making a correction here) 94% accurate? 17 of 18 times, the outcome of a Redskins home game before election day had picked the winner.

I'm glad the football game makes you feel good

have you been following the story about the lines in Florida ?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
About 90%. He has not ran.on.his record, only trying to slander Romney. Unfortunately, there are a lot ignorant and naive people who will vote for handouts and because he's black. No other reasons

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »
About 90%. He has not ran.on.his record, only trying to slander Romney. Unfortunately, there are a lot ignorant and naive people who will vote for handouts and because he's black. No other reasons

LOL

what are you drinking tonight ?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
How sure are you about your prediction?

I have not the slightest fucking clue...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
LOL

what are you drinking tonight ?

Not the kool-aid....that's for sure ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
Who thinks its a toss up?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »

I guess I do  :-X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »
Not the kool-aid....that's for sure ;D
Ok so not kool -aid.

So what are you drinkiing?

Whiskey

Scotch

?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »

<------- This guy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
I'm glad the football game makes you feel good

have you been following the story about the lines in Florida ?

I have, somewhat. From what I've seen, it's the same old deal: The Dems want the rules changed mid-stream when things don't quite go their way.

IF they wanted early voting extended, that should have been addressed long before now.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
You have a ton of experts who have great track records saying Romney wins in a landslide. You have tied polls, margin of error polls, outliers....Libya, the economy.....excitement gape etc. I'm looking at the same shit as everybody else. This isn't 2008 where we on the right hoped McCain would pull it out. This shit is tied going into tommorrow. I voted for Romney that's about all I can count on.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »
You have a ton of experts who have great track records saying Romney wins in a landslide. You have tied polls, margin of error polls, outliers....Libya, the economy.....excitement gape etc. I'm looking at the same shit as everybody else. This isn't 2008 where we on the right hoped McCain would pull it out. This shit is tied going into tommorrow. I voted for Romney that's about all I can count on.
None say that.  None with any real data to back up that ridiculous statement.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »
None say that.  None with any real data to back up that ridiculous statement.

Other than (at the very least) the two guys who ran the last two successful re-election campaigns.  ::)

We do indeed have tied polls (two of them in states Obama should have nailed down long ago, Pennsylvania and Michigan).

Keep relying on polls with Dems oversampled by 8 or 9 (and guys making predictions on such) if you wish. You could be in for a rude awakening Tuesday night.

Romney's up with independents, up with white working-class voters, up with men, and have about pulled even with women.

Not to mention, there are those aforementioned early voting numbers, showing Obama WAAAAAAY down from 2008.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »
None say that.  None with any real data to back up that ridiculous statement.

http://www.dickmorris.com/here-comes-the-landslide/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
::)
He "predicted" the exact same thing in 2008. ROFLMAO

Dick Morris predicts McCain landslide victory!
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2086667/posts

http://smartretorts.blogspot.com/2008/09/breaking-news-dick-morris-predicts.html

That was before (or shortly after) the economic crash.

This time, there is no economic boom to save Obama. Of course, we have libs, thinking that Hurricane Sandy is going to save Obama. But, it appears his photo-ops with Christie were (as usual) all sizzle and no steak.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

This time, there is no economic boom to save Obama. Of course, we have libs, thinking that Hurricane Sandy is going to save Obama. But, it appears his photo-ops with Christie were (as usual) all sizzle and no steak.

He was in NJ for a total of 90mins then off to Vegas.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »

You have deluded yourself so far into fantasy-land at this point.  Seriously, you are looking desperate here.  The Redskin Game, the Post from over a month ago that you thought was current, the weaseling about Dick Morris being DEAD WRONG in 2008 with the exact same prediction then as now....  I can only imagine whats coming next when Obama easily wins (according to all nonpartisan data, evidence and facts and aggregate data).  

I can`t wait to hear your excuses.  Its going to be HIGHLY amusing.  You will probably be in shock for a few days (although you shouldn`t if you actually paid attention to all the hard data).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
You have deluded yourself so far into fantasy-land at this point.  Seriously, you are looking desperate here.  The Redskin Game, the Post from over a month ago that you thought was current, the weaseling about Dick Morris being DEAD WRONG in 2008 with the exact same prediction then as now....  I can only imagine whats coming next when Obama easily wins (according to all nonpartisan data, evidence and facts and aggregate data).  

I can`t wait to hear your excuses.  Its going to be HIGHLY amusing.  You will probably be in shock for a few days (although you shouldn`t if you actually paid attention to all the hard data).

What's going to be your excuses, in the event Romney wins? What's going to happen on election day when the Dems aren't running +9 on the Republicans?

Are you going to curse and spew at Nate Silver? Are you going to take a match to your "aggregate data"?

As for Morris, I notice you didn't get his prediction after the crash, which changed the complexion of the entire race.

Yes, I goofed by claiming that one article was current. But, guess what, I posted the current numbers in Ohio and...SURPRISE SURPRISE....they back that article's assertion.

But, don't take my word for it:

From that article:

In 2008, there were 1,158,301 total absentee ballots requested, 33 percent registered Democrat and 19 percent registered Republican--a 14 point gap. So far in 2012, 638,997 ballots have been requested, 29 percent Democrat and 24 percent Republican--only a five point gap.

From Politico (early voting from Ohio as of Nov. 4, 2:49 pm EST

Ohio

Votes: 1.6 million

Democrats: 29 percent

Republicans: 23 percent

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83176.html#ixzz2BKdD9rrw

And, it's not just Ohio. He's barely ahead in Florida and LOSING in Colorado.

Colorado

Votes: 1.6 million

Democrats: 35 percent

Republicans: 37 percent

___

Florida

Votes: 3.9 million

Democrats: 43 percent

Republicans: 40 percent

Obama's numbers are down. To the surprise of nobody, neither you nor ID Crisis Boy could refute them. You also ducked the issue about Romney's winning independents, white-working-class, males and nearly pulling even with women. How's THAT for hard data?

And as for the "Redskin Rule", that's almost as American as apple pie. Notwithstanding its jovial nature, at 94% accuracy, it's right up there with your so-called non-partisan data (as if polls oversampling Dems by 8 points or more is non-partisan  ::) ).

Guess what happens, if Romney gets Ohio, Colorado, and sweeps the Southeast (VA, NC, FL)......275 EC votes...BALL GAME!!!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
100% sure of a clear-cut Obama victory.  Made this prediction well over a year ago.

The have-nots outnumber the haves.

The vast majority of major media outlets are nothing more than left-leaning pro-Democrat cheerleaders.

Hollywood is pro-Obama.

More people want shit handed out to them than those who'd rather work for it.

Republican voters recieve the most welfare

Red states have the highest number of welfare recipients

And FOX the largest network is neocon

You are a pathetic and full of shit

You are a stupid parrot and a brainwashed sheep

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:17 AM »

Its gonna be damn close