Author Topic: NYC Front line worker speaks  (Read 979 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
NYC Front line worker speaks
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:00:17 AM »

How do i begin to share with you about what i am experiencing right now sunday nov 4th- 3 war ships are sitting just offshore and chinook helicopters are buzzing above me as 2o blocks to my south gangs walk the streets in the dark searching for gas and food. I am walking back through the gates of hell in streets filled with discarded life long possessions and mothers begging me for insulin for their children - 17 miles of no power /water and churches and houses burned to the ground with steps leading to nowhere....you would think I was in Haiti but I'm in The United States of America- in Rockaway Queens in one of the most complicated disasters I've ever seen. Communications are down and I'm the only medic on this site tonight till back up comes tomorrow. This disaster is too big for aid groups and Gov'ts to do alone- its just too big - everyone is needed to reach outside of themselves to help. Do not sit and watch it unravel like we did helplessly with Katrina- do something. Rise up volunteers of America!!

Two correction officers just showed up to help thank you! The big storm hits us on Wednesday- pray -even if u don't believe in anything! Hedge your bets!
w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NYC Front line worker speaks
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
Rise up volunteers of America.

So much for FEMA or any federal agency.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »

How do i begin to share with you about what i am experiencing right now sunday nov 4th- 3 war ships are sitting just offshore and chinook helicopters are buzzing above me as 2o blocks to my south gangs walk the streets in the dark searching for gas and food. I am walking back through the gates of hell in streets filled with discarded life long possessions and mothers begging me for insulin for their children - 17 miles of no power /water and churches and houses burned to the ground with steps leading to nowhere....you would think I was in Haiti but I'm in The United States of America- in Rockaway Queens in one of the most complicated disasters I've ever seen. Communications are down and I'm the only medic on this site tonight till back up comes tomorrow. This disaster is too big for aid groups and Gov'ts to do alone- its just too big - everyone is needed to reach outside of themselves to help. Do not sit and watch it unravel like we did helplessly with Katrina- do something. Rise up volunteers of America!!

Two correction officers just showed up to help thank you! The big storm hits us on Wednesday- pray -even if u don't believe in anything! Hedge your bets!

Excellent post!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »
I live here.  FEMA is a waste. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

Fortunately, you are just one little person in a city with millions of inhabitants and I doubt all agree with you about FEMA. You keep saying you live there as if that means something. It doesn't really mean squat. When someone posts who lived in Breezy Point, Queens N.Y. about how their home is burnt to the ground and all their worldly possessions are gone, they will get my attention. You sit in darkness posting the same shit with no let up what-so-ever and we are supposed to weep for you because FEMA hasn't come to your rescue. Give me a break!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »
Fortunately, you are just one little person in a city with millions of inhabitants and I doubt all agree with you about FEMA. You keep saying you live there as if that means something. It doesn't really mean squat. When someone posts who lived in Breezy Point, Queens N.Y. about how their home is burnt to the ground and all their worldly possessions are gone, they will get my attention. You sit in darkness posting the same shit with no let up what-so-ever and we are supposed to weep for you because FEMA hasn't come to your rescue. Give me a break!

Lol.   Have you seem the people w bows and arrows?    Lmfao at you old stupid leftist.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:11:39 AM »

Lol.   Have you seem the people w bows and arrows?    Lmfao at you old stupid leftist.

Guess you have a gullet full of Vodka. You are not making sense and you have resorted to name calling....oh wait, name calling is your thing.

Someday you too will be old if you aren't taken out on your darkened streets before FEMA turns the lights on for you. You are right about one thing though, as compared to your views, mine would be seen as leftist ones. But then compared to yours, almost anyone would seem somewhere on the left, left of the extreem right.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 01:42:58 AM »
Rise up volunteers of America.

So much for FEMA or any federal agency.

Why arent the volunters out helping now?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 06:07:27 AM »

Well - considering you are still on the internet, doesn't sound like you are one of those badly affected.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:10 AM »
Well - considering you are still on the internet, doesn't sound like you are one of those badly affected.

Posting from my phone or from the office up in White Plains.   Home still without power. 

Staten Island, Queens, Jersey disaster area.

1,000,000 still wo power.