Author Topic: How late  (Read 2013 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
How late
« on: November 05, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
are you willing to stay up for results tomorrow or will you just wait til Wed. morning?
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How late
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
About 9 p.m. my time, which will be 2 a.m. EST.  Should have the results by then.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
Till 10pm since that is when its going to be called for Mittens. 

________________________ _____________________

Monday Morning (Noonan: It's Romney)
 WSJ ^ | 11/5/2012 | Peggy Noonan

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 3:14:38 PM by

Romney’s crowds are building—28,000 in Morrisville, Pa., last night; 30,000 in West Chester, Ohio, Friday It isn’t only a triumph of advance planning: People came, they got through security and waited for hours in the cold. His rallies look like rallies now, not enactments. In some new way he’s caught his stride. He looks happy and grateful. His closing speech has been positive, future-looking, sweetly patriotic. His closing ads are sharp—the one about what’s going on at the rallies is moving.

All the vibrations are right. A person who is helping him who is not a longtime Romneyite told me, yesterday: “I joined because I was anti Obama—I’m a patriot, I’ll join up But now I am pro-Romney.” Why? “I’ve spent time with him and I care about him and admire him. He’s a genuinely good man.” Looking at the crowds on TV, hearing them chant “Three more days” and “Two more days”—it feels like a lot of Republicans have gone from anti-Obama to pro-Romney.

Something old is roaring back. One of the Romney campaign’s surrogates, who appeared at a rally with him the other night, spoke of the intensity and joy of the crowd “I worked the rope line, people wouldn’t let go of my hand.” It startled him. A former political figure who’s been in Ohio told me this morning something is moving with evangelicals, other church-going Protestants and religious Catholics. He said what’s happening with them is quiet, unreported and spreading: They really want Romney now, they’ll go out and vote, the election has taken on a new importance to them.

There is no denying the Republicans have the passion now, the enthusiasm. The Democrats do not. Independents are breaking for Romney.

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.wsj.com ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
are you willing to stay up for results tomorrow or will you just wait til Wed. morning?

It may not take that long. Look at the Wisconsin recall. People were all ready to stay up all night. The race got called in less than an hour.

Now, it'll take a bit longer obviously with a national election. But, you may not have to burn the midnight oil for this one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »

a better question would be how long you're willing to stand in line in order to cast your vote

Thanks to some Republican governors you made need to stand in line for 8 hours or more but only if you're in a Democratic leaning district   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
the polling and technology is VERY good these days.  We'll know by 8:30 when OHIO is called for one of the candidates.

We might not have confirmation 100%.... but if exit polls in FL, VA, and OH all match the same candidate - that dude is gonna win.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
a better question would be how long you're willing to stand in line in order to cast your vote

I've already cast my vote, although I've NEVER had to wait more than 3 people even when long lines were predicted.  I wish I had waited, just to say hi to neighbors I rarely get to see.
:

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »

Thanks to some Republican governors you made need to stand in line for 8 hours or more but only if you're in a Democratic leaning district   

Boohoo. We've had to show ID in CT for longer than I've been voting and it's still never taken more than 20 minutes to get in and out. Stop crying, you little bitch.

By the way, something like 78% of Americans support voter ID laws. Unlike you and your elitist, crony scum, the bulk of us don't like having our votes negated by the dead and illegal Mexicans.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
Boohoo. We've had to show ID in CT for longer than I've been voting and it's still never taken more than 20 minutes to get in and out. Stop crying, you little bitch.

By the way, something like 78% of Americans support voter ID laws. Unlike you and your elitist, crony scum, the bulk of us don't like having our votes negated by the dead and illegal Mexicans.

who mentioned ID's

do you think it's reasonable for people to have to stand in line for 8+ hours to vote and why does this only seem to happen in Democratic leaning districts ?

Do you think your parents will even let you stay up late enough to see who won the election ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
who mentioned ID's

do you think it's reasonable for people to have to stand in line for 8+ hours to vote and why does this only seem to happen in Democratic leaning districts ?

Do you think your parents will even let you stay up late enough to see who won the election ?
turn off msnbc straw

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »
turn off msnbc straw

so you're suggesting that if I'm not aware that people are having to wait in line for 8 + hours that it's not happening ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
so you're suggesting that if I'm not aware that people are having to wait in line for 8 + hours that it's not happening ?
hahah yes straw thats exactly what Im suggesting...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »
hahah yes straw thats exactly what Im suggesting...

what is your point then

do you think people should have to wait in line for 8 hours to vote and if it only happens in democratic leaning districts and not in Republican leaning districts to you think that's fair (be honest -if you're fine with it then explain why)

btw - you can find the same story of Fox News if that makes you feel better

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
what is your point then

do you think people should have to wait in line for 8 hours to vote and if it only happens in democratic leaning districts and not in Republican leaning districts to you think that's fair (be honest -if you're fine with it then explain why)

btw - you can find the same story of Fox News if that makes you feel better
please link your sources straw

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
please link your sources straw

are you really unaware of this ?

this one say 6 hours although I've heard 8+ as well

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/florida-democrats-want-extended-early-voting-hours/

The Florida Democratic Party filed separate lawsuits to get four counties to offer more time for voting before Election Day. The other counties are Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward.

Voters in those counties had to wait as long as six hours Saturday, the last scheduled day of early voting.

The state Republican party will not appeal the cases, filed in a Miami courthouse, though the group was reportedly considering such a move.

Voting in Miami-Dade County didn't conclude until about 1 a.m. Sunday because voters standing in line when the polls closed were allowed to vote.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/florida-democrats-want-extended-early-voting-hours/#ixzz2BP4X5v2B

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
are you really unaware of this ?

this one say 6 hours although I've heard 8+ as well

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/florida-democrats-want-extended-early-voting-hours/

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/florida-democrats-want-extended-early-voting-hours/#ixzz2BP4X5v2B

LMFAO im not unaware of this, but youre saying this is the republicans fault?

WTF are you retarded?

how is a bomb threat that closed down polling and then the republicans not fighting keeping the polls open for 4 more hours the fault of republicans?

I dont see anything about this only happening in dem leaning districts either straw.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
LMFAO im not unaware of this, but youre saying this is the republicans fault?

WTF are you retarded?
how is a bomb threat that closed down polling and then the republicans not fighting keeping the polls open for 4 more hours the fault of republicans?

I dont see anything about this only happening in dem leaning districts either straw.

bomb threat was only one location

are you aware who runs the voting in FL ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
bomb threat was only one location

are you aware who runs the voting in FL ?
so show me how the reps are to blame for any of this straw

show me how this is happening only in dem leaning districts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
so show me how the reps are to blame for any of this straw

show me how this is happening only in dem leaning districts.

if you want to pretend to be naive or you are actually so that's fine with me

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/democrats-sue-to-extend-floridas-early-voting/

Last year, Mr. Scott and the Republican-controlled Legislature pushed through a measure to cut early voting from 14 days to 8 days and to cancel voting on the final Sunday before Election Day.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/democrats-sue-to-extend-floridas-early-voting/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
if you want to pretend to be naive or you are actually so that's fine with me

Last year, Mr. Scott and the Republican-controlled Legislature pushed through a measure to cut early voting from 14 days to 8 days and to cancel voting on the final Sunday before Election Day.

so they did this all over Florida?

I dont see how this singles outs dems?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
so they did this all over Florida?

I dont see how this singles outs dems?

Why are the Dems suing

You dont think Repubs would sue if it effected them

maybe you missed this part of the article (seriously dude - why are you even pretending you don't know this shit)

In the South Florida suit, filed in Miami, Democrats argued that an emergency order was needed to “extend voting opportunities” before Tuesday in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. They also urged that voters be allowed to cast absentee ballots in person in the counties’ main election offices. The three counties are home to about 32 percent of the state’s registered Democrats.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
Why are the Dems suing

You dont think Repubs would sue if it effected them

maybe you missed this part of the article (seriously dude - why are you even pretending you don't know this shit)

In the South Florida suit, filed in Miami, Democrats argued that an emergency order was needed to “extend voting opportunities” before Tuesday in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. They also urged that voters be allowed to cast absentee ballots in person in the counties’ main election offices. The three counties are home to about 32 percent of the state’s registered Democrats.
The legislation effected the entire state, did it not?

if its effecting dems its effecting reps

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
The legislation effected the entire state, did it not?

if its effecting dems its effecting reps

funny how the long lines are only in certain counties which just coincidentally have a large % of registered Democratic voters

there are 67 counties in FL so why are 3 counties which have a third of the states Dem voters having these problems

Seriously, stop pretending to be naive - do you truly believe that Republicans are not doing everything they legally can to suppress the vote

a simple yes or no is fine but if you want to elaborate then feel free

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:01 PM »
funny how the long lines are only in certain counties which just coincidentally have a large % of registered Democratic voters

there are 67 counties in FL so why are 3 counties which have a third of the states Dem voters having these problems

Seriously, stop pretending to be naive - do you truly believe that Republicans are not doing everything they legally can to suppress the vote

a simple yes or no is fine but if you want to elaborate then feel free
HAHAHAHA so the entire state has to abide by the same rules yet the republicans are singling out democrats eh?

brilliant logic brainchild.

No I dont, only a delusional moron would.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
Do you really feel that a law that is applied to all districts equally is singling out democrats?

A simple yes or no is fine but if you want to elaborate feel free.