Author Topic: Ken Patera stories  (Read 68478 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Ken Patera stories
« on: November 28, 2005, 01:59:31 PM »
anybody have any Patera stories, one of the all around strongest guys ever, one of my favorites.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
Re: Ken Patera stories
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 02:02:49 PM »
i'll start, there was a story in Milo about him deadlifting 735 and shrugging it so hard that he bent a York powerlifting bar.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:13:20 PM »
Here is a story...He threw a boulder thru a McDonalds wondow with another wrestler then they beat up some woman cop and he went to prison...

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 06:32:11 PM »
Here is a story...He threw a boulder thru a McDonalds wondow with another wrestler then they beat up some woman cop and he went to prison...

It was Mr. Saito.The boulder was blamed on them & they denied it. Patera & Saito supposedly beat up several cops (men & women), a coulple of the K-9's too. When the  next round of backup's arrived, they drew down on them with the 12 guages & ended the fight. One female cop was hurt pretty bad from what I heard & was in the hospital for a few months.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 08:53:21 AM »
yeah, i read about that one.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:55:10 AM »
Ken Patera was one of the best presses of all times (for his bwt, Bill March was probably the best) and a former top Oylmpic lifter. He had acting job's in pro wrestling for a few years. His older brother had been a assistence coach in the NFL (believe at one time with the old LA Rams) and Ken did get into Pro ball for awhile, I think.  Being somewhat of a free spirit he pretty much did what he wanted to in his day, I've heard. Natural strong man with or without weight training.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 10:04:19 AM »
He shrunk ALOT when he got into wrestling.  He barely looked like the same guy when you compare him in WSM to him in WWF

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 10:40:18 AM »
I heard he was the first person to lift either 500 or 600 over his head.  Is this right

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 10:58:39 AM »
I belive first to press 500 or 600, but I don't remember which...I think he could doo 600 off a rack???

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:31:34 AM »
 First American to C/J over 500, I think his standing press was over 500, too:).

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:19:05 PM »
Bruce Wilhelm said that when he would do presses behind the neck with Ken that he would go up to 225-245 and stop there but Ken would keep going to 375-385 standing, he said everybody would stop and watch.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »
So I guess that the $64,000 question is: Where is he now and what is he doing?

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 01:03:49 PM »
So I guess that the $64,000 question is: Where is he now and what is he doing?

http://www.kenpatera.com/

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 05:51:24 PM »
Ken Patera was one of the best presses of all times (for his bwt, Bill March was probably the best) and a former top Oylmpic lifter. He had acting job's in pro wrestling for a few years. His older brother had been a assistence coach in the NFL (believe at one time with the old LA Rams) and Ken did get into Pro ball for awhile, I think.  Being somewhat of a free spirit he pretty much did what he wanted to in his day, I've heard. Natural strong man with or without weight training.

His brother was the first head coach of the Seattle Seahaks in 1976. I think his name was Jack.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »

Yeah because the McDonalds was closed and they refused to re-open to serve them. They must have been drunk as hell.
The House that Ruth built

619Rules

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 01:24:19 AM »
His brother was the first head coach of the Seattle Seahaks in 1976. I think his name was Jack.

I remember that coach-he was a so-so coach and always ran trick plays......

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 10:32:30 AM »

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 08:26:23 AM »
my dad is a retiered pro wrestler Killer karl Kox like my name here on get big.  He new Ken very well he says ken used to sit with his back against a building and he would take his car and let it Idell and Ken would make the car spin wheels with with his feet on the bumper.

Thats what I call leg strength.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
When I went to BYU I was surprised to find a pic of Ken on the wall of the old Smith Field House, where the weight room was.

Apparently way back when, Ken did the shot put on the BYU track team.  True story.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 09:51:55 AM »
he was one of the better collegiate shot putters around that time i think he did 65 or 66 feet.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »
my dad is a retiered pro wrestler Killer karl Kox like my name here on get big.  He new Ken very well he says ken used to sit with his back against a building and he would take his car and let it Idell and Ken would make the car spin wheels with with his feet on the bumper.

Karl Kox....eh  Well.....I know someone who didn't like him.... ;D
A

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 11:16:10 AM »
a lot of people did  not like him he was a great heal

Pat Rocco

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 06:09:01 AM »
I was watching ABC's Wide World of Sports in the eraly 70;s  it was a live broadcast .The interviewer asked Ken what he had to do in his training to beat the big Russians .He said make more money so he can get the kind of drugs they have .Honest he said that .

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

I saw him do that feat when he was with the WWF (WWE) . Vince drove a full size Econoline Van & he braced himself against the wall & held the van back. It was amazing to say the least. I asked him (Patera) later & he said it wasn't that hard esp after the van wheels started spinning. On his pressing strength, he was the first  American to press 500lbs over his head. He did 503lb in the 73(?) Pan-American games.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 09:40:26 AM »
Kazmaier did something similar just the other was around.  He tied himself to my Bronco and held a rope tied to a van and had the tires spinning.  Patera reminds me allot of Kaz