Author Topic: Did it change or did my taste change?  (Read 1322 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Did it change or did my taste change?
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »
This past halloween, I busted into some kit kats, Reese, twix bars, montain dew and other shit and none of it tasted as good as I remembered as a kid.  Moutain dew use to seem a little thicker almost syrup like, good sweetness, maybe it was the real sugar.  Twix used to have an awesome cookie, this time it tasted plain.  Kit kats used to be crisp and flaky, this time it was almost soggy and no flavor. Reese was creamy peanut butter, not this waxy shit I found in it.

Either it's these companies tweaking and fucking around with ingredients to maximize on profits or my taste just changed.

I am sounding like my grandad when he would preach how much better things were as a kid.  But I sort of feel that way.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Did it change or did my taste change?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »
  I think it is both.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »
things have certainly changed taste wise. mcdonalds fries are now totally shite, sans msg (cunts)! the same has obviously happened with lots of savoury snacks now msg is banned. crisps are not as tasty as they once were.

age also play a huge factor.. i now prefer plain (dark) chocolate over milk chocolate.  for years i drank my tea milky with two sugars. now there's barely a drop of milk and it's strong with no sugar.

a pot noodle would have been a delicious snack when i was a teen. now even just the thought of eating one (same with nearly all processed 'food') makes me gag  :-X

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
yes reeses cups used to be delicious now they are made with goat turds and smegma.
time under tension

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »
  I think it is both.

Yup, I remember a McDonald's qtr pounder being huge in my hand and delicious, now it's the size of a White Castle and taste like shit

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
yes i am getting old but i swear for several years now it is hard to find things that actually taste as they should.  or put it another way, very few things really make you say "wow that tastes good".

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »
This past halloween, I busted into some kit kats, Reese, twix bars, montain dew and other shit and none of it tasted as good as I remembered as a kid.  Moutain dew use to seem a little thicker almost syrup like, good sweetness, maybe it was the real sugar.  Twix used to have an awesome cookie, this time it tasted plain.  Kit kats used to be crisp and flaky, this time it was almost soggy and no flavor. Reese was creamy peanut butter, not this waxy shit I found in it.

Either it's these companies tweaking and fucking around with ingredients to maximize on profits or my taste just changed.

I am sounding like my grandad when he would preach how much better things were as a kid.  But I sort of feel that way.

I threw couple of Snickers fun bars in the freezer hoping for a special treat  :'(
Sorely disappointed in the waxy, fake tasting chocolate and ended up feeling nauseous the rest of the night
>:(
:

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
Your taste didn't change or not change too much.
Most food/sweets feature a changed recipe it seems. Sometimes hard to judge but after a few tries involving other people you can point out which stuff is different and which ones "yum" depended big time on your yesterday fondness.
Generally a bland'ing effect is walking the shelves.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
I threw couple of Snickers fun bars in the freezer hoping for a special treat  :'(
Sorely disappointed in the waxy, fake tasting chocolate and ended up feeling nauseous the rest of the night
>:(

The chocolate in it all doesn't melt.  I think they put a shitload of wax to keep it from melting in your hands.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....