Author Topic: Why we feel cold when dieting???  (Read 5956 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
Why we feel cold when dieting???
« on: November 06, 2012, 02:47:39 AM »
When am dieting and when am just talking a normal amout of calories to maintain my weight,i always feel cold,like i have no circulation in my body!also i read many posts people saying they feel cold when dieting..WHY?

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Why we feel cold when dieting???
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
ever heard of burning carbs?

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02:23 AM »
lower bodyfat.

but whats best, when ripped, i can take 40 degrees celsuis heat like its nothing
do you really think this is for low body fat??i mean its not that am 2% but am pretty low all year round,basicly am maintaing in the way that i jump a lil bit up and down!
but when i for example eat "normal" amount of calories i also feel cold,like when am dieting!i dont know what is it,but i wear 3 pair of long sleve shirts and 2 pair of leggs traick suit and am freezing

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:08 AM »
I get the cold hand/feet feeling when dieting.. Its due to lower bf as galeniko said and it might be an indication of your metabolism slowing.. You might need a high calorie meal.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »
No it's not lower body fat, it's something to do with glucose levels affecting bodyheat regulation. You can be 30% BF but if you fast for over 24 hours you'll start to feel the cold.

I've been at about 18% and fasted for 48 hours and I was freezing, but hadn't lost any bodyfat.

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 03:22:32 AM »
No it's not lower body fat, it's something to do with glucose levels affecting bodyheat regulation. You can be 30% BF but if you fast for over 24 hours you'll start to feel the cold.

I've been at about 18% and fasted for 48 hours and I was freezing, but hadn't lost any bodyfat.
i think thats something about metabolism...cause for example if i eat small meals,small portions 100g pasta portion per meal and 4 meals-I feel cold,and if i eat that meal in 1 shot i dont have that problem!
i ate that way all year round,bigger meal and am fine,but when am eating small meals am cold...smaller meals are good cause i dont feel hungry and i can maintain my weight without training and cardio if i want,but the bad side is this fucking coldness!

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 03:28:33 AM »

ya we know tubby  ::)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:30:25 AM »
do you really think this is for low body fat??i mean its not that am 2% but am pretty low all year round,basicly am maintaing in the way that i jump a lil bit up and down!
but when i for example eat "normal" amount of calories i also feel cold,like when am dieting!i dont know what is it,but i wear 3 pair of long sleve shirts and 2 pair of leggs traick suit and am freezing

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:40:07 AM »
ya we know tubby  ::)

Can you take your hand out of my boxer shorts please, i'm trying to text your mom.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »
It can be every reason listed:

- bodyfat is insulating so lower body fat results in less insulation and more coldness

- lower calorie intake when dieting = less energy is being burned (thyroid output), less heat is generated, more coldness

- lower carbohydrate intake when dieting = lower serotonin levels, serotonin is a body temperature regulator, makes you feel warm

There's probably several other things I'm not thinking of right now but I'll post them later should I think about them.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 04:54:10 AM »

Agree with this more. I'm normally at very low BF all the time but only really felt the cold when i competed and was coming down with low carbs.

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 05:45:32 AM »
It can be every reason listed:

- bodyfat is insulating so lower body fat results in less insulation and more coldness

- lower calorie intake when dieting = less energy is being burned (thyroid output), less heat is generated, more coldness

- lower carbohydrate intake when dieting = lower serotonin levels, serotonin is a body temperature regulator, makes you feel warm

There's probably several other things I'm not thinking of right now but I'll post them later should I think about them.
funny thing is,when i didnt know anything about bb and dieting as i remember i never ever felt this symptom...but my weight was stable all the time!of course i wasnt in the shape like now,but the weight never jumped 20 pounds up or down...like symptoms of beeing low of energy,beeing extremly hungry" did you remember before you started bb or started learning about nutrition that you felt extremly hungry or you had lack of energy for many days-i dont think so!actually having muscles is not good for are body,the body is not designed to carry a big mass

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »
I never dieted before BB so I couldn't have experienced any of it  :D

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:56 AM »
When am dieting and when am just talking a normal amout of calories to maintain my weight,i always feel cold,like i have no circulation in my body!also i read many posts people saying they feel cold when dieting..WHY?

get a schome with 20inch arms to hug you and keep you warm problem solved.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »
futile energy cycle.   burning off of excess calories as heat.    this is  one of the main functions of fat burners.     they raise body temperature, and this is achieved by turning calories to heat.

so in a calorie deficit, (diet), the body will be more frugal with burning calories, and drop body temperature to save calories.

that, and the holes in your socks.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 03:13:32 PM »
  hazbin has it

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
when i am very lean i am far more cold sensitive than when i am heavier... it's not just calories, BF is insulation

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »
being a fat vegetarian i dont hold much heat at all, i stay very cool in the hot summer but now today was like 32 and that was pretty cold had to put on sweat pants for the first time this year and wear a few shirts

i cool off very fast when relaxing but am easy to heat up with activity
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »
Since it doesn't happen to everyone who diets, check your iron levels.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »
Sense it doesn't happen to everyone who diets, check your iron levels.

yes, heme iron should probably be remodulated post-haste

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
Sense it doesn't happen to everyone who diets, check your iron levels.

lol heme-iron will kill the liver

just put on a coat youll be fine

drink more soda to chop up more wood for the fireplace
A

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
i have never got cold while dieting...think its cause im about to die while dieting

bench

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »
i have never got cold while dieting...think its cause im about to die while dieting

bench
every thing you post is a lie...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
every thing you post is a lie...
thanks for stalking

bench