Author Topic: Fox News sees a black man—and they're scared!  (Read 11344 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Fox News sees a black man—and they're scared!
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Which means nothig at all.

right, all that matter is that someone somehwere might be intimidated by the combination of his race and clothing

shit, I might find the old lady watching the polls at my voting location to be intimidating

she might remind me of my high school geometry teacher who I hated

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
ok well at least that is a consistent point of view although it's not one that I agree with.   I think people on this thread are assuming way too much for "others", especially given that not one person on this thread finds that guy peronally intimidating

my personal view is that unless there is an obvious act of intimidation or accusations of such then everyone should just relax.   I've watched the video of this guy and he appears to be smiling, opening the door for people, ectc. and if he lives in that neighborhood then the people there are probbly not intimidated by how he is dressed

He may be friendly but he wore the black panther superhero costume for a very specific reason.   He derives his power from what the outfit and the group he belongs to represent to a lot of white people.   He could just as easily shown up dressed casually and done the same job, but that wouldn't have projected the image and message he was looking to convey.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »
right, all that matter is that someone somehwere might be intimidated by the combination of his race and clothing

shit, I might find the old lady watching the polls at my voting location to be intimidating

she might remind me of my high school geometry teacher who I hated

Yes.  Black Panthers = htated high school geometry teacher.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
Yes.  Black Panthers = htated high school geometry teacher.

dude - you have no idea what a bitch she was

she terrorized that class

I mean it's my own personal perception and someone else might not share it at all but still shouldn't something be done so that I don't have to deal with it ?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:35 PM »
Jesus Christ if you are intimidated by people like him or clothes, you should stay home and never leave the house.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
Jesus Christ if you are intimidated by people like him or clothes, you should stay home and never leave the house.

You're so 3 pages ago.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
3 pages later some people still haven't gotten it so it bears repeating.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »
3 pages later some people still haven't gotten it so it bears repeating.

No, almost everyone admitted it was his right to be there and they personally were not intimidated.   Unfortunately, a lot of others don't feel that way.  But the Panthers have not done much to ease that reputation.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »
No, almost everyone admitted it was his right to be there and they personally were not intimidated.   Unfortunately, a lot of others don't feel that way.  But the Panthers have not done much to ease that reputation.

you've read or seen video of people claiming to have felt intimidated by this guy today?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »
LOL straw man sees nothing funny here but a law that is applied to the entire state is somehow proof that republicans are suppressing votes

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
LOL straw man sees nothing funny here but a law that is applied to the entire state is somehow proof that republicans are suppressing votes

I have no doubt the black man scares the crap out of you

if you want to comment on voter suppression efforts why not do it on one of those threads

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
Funny - you far leftists talk about voter supression but have no problem w black panthers manning the polling places. 

If I was out there in a  white kkk outfit you liberal commies would freak out. 

will you commit suicide/leave getbig/get a job if obama wins and romney loses?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
you've read or seen video of people claiming to have felt intimidated by this guy today?

No, why?

Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »
No, why?

because your statement that "a lot of others don't feel that way" seems to suggest you have some actual knowledge of this and are not just speculating

at least, that how it seemed to me but perhaps that was not your intent

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
After the their recent history, if I went to vote and a uniformed Black Panther was standing at the door, I would instantly go on high alert. I think many would.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
People, get the fvck over yourselves! He's standing outside of the polling station.

When he walks into the polling booth with you, perhaps then you can start to feel intimidated, ...until then, you just make yourselves look & sound like a bunch of candy asses. Just a woman's POV.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
People, get the fvck over yourselves! He's standing outside of the polling station.

When he walks into the polling booth with you, perhaps then you can start to feel intimidated, ...until then, you just make yourselves look & sound like a bunch of candy asses. Just a woman's POV.

I don't think its about being full of yourself.   
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
because your statement that "a lot of others don't feel that way" seems to suggest you have some actual knowledge of this and are not just speculating

at least, that how it seemed to me but perhaps that was not your intent

I don't need to see a video to prove that people might be intimidated by the presence of the Black Panthers.  Or the KKK.  Or Arabic men at an airport.
Y

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
I don't need to see a video to prove that people might be intimidated by the presence of the Black Panthers.  Or the KKK.  Or Arabic men at an airport.

Your analogies suck. Only an idiot wouldn't notice you've juxtaposed a known terrorist organization alongside unintimidating people in an effort to pander to ignorance & prejudice. Nice try, ...but FAIL!

Some men are scared of clowns too, but we're not expecting to see a ban on Ronald McDonald anytime soon.

w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
Your analogies suck. Only an idiot wouldn't notice you've juxtaposed a known terrorist organization alongside unintimidating people in an effort to pander to ignorance & prejudice. Nice try, ...but FAIL!

Some men are scared of clowns too, but we're not expecting to see a ban on Ronald McDonald anytime soon.

The Black Panthers are a para-military organization who have committed violent acts in the past.  Clowns make balloon animals at children's parties. Big difference.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
The Black Panthers are a para-military organization who have committed violent acts in the past.  Clowns make balloon animals at children's parties. Big difference.

What violent acts have they committed?

Please limit your list to the NEW Black Panthers please.
w

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

Who said anything about expecting a ban on anyone or anything?

You're the idiot who can't comprehend why people might be intimidated by the Black Panthers.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Who said anything about expecting a ban on anyone or anything?

You're the idiot who can't comprehend why people might be intimidated by the Black Panthers.

I agree with straw the black panthers have always been an upstanding and non violent group of black ppl.

There is no reason what so ever to be intimidated by these militant black ppl.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
What violent acts have they committed?

Please limit your list to the NEW Black Panthers please.

Why should I limit my list?   If you start an organization incorporating the name of a previous organization, lets say you form the New KKK, you pretty assume all the philosophy and history of the organization your supposedly replacing.  There would be no point in branding yourself after something that existed previously unless you're attempting to establish an association. It's all about branding and perception.  Reread my previous posts in this thread to understand what I mean.
A