Author Topic: Too funny - U.N. Observers amazed we don't require Voter ID  (Read 1550 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Too funny - U.N. Observers amazed we don't require Voter ID
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/11/06/foreign_election_officials_amazed_by_trust_based_us_voting_system

Ha ha ha

Can't make this up!!!

UN can't believe we do not require voter ID. 

LOL 

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: Too funny - U.N. Observers amazed we don't require Voter ID
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
its racsit to prove who you are!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »
I wish the UN would fuck off and die. That's it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »
I think requiring voter ID is not in question but rather the inconsistency in what is considered acceptable identification.   Accepting NRA membership cards and not student identification doesn't seem very ethical and is obviously designed to target a specific voter demographic.  I see no reason why someone shouldn't be required to present a photo ID but that's just me..
A

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
I've voted in 3 different precincts today.  I tell them my name is "Mark Williams."  They check the registration...and my name is there (so far).  They haven't asked me to prove who I am yet. lol

I only tried it at three large population areas where I figured a generic name like that would be registered...I don't think I'm going to press my luck on a fourth district.  The only reason I risked a third district after the first two worked was because I was drunk and the buddies I'm drinking with didn't believe that it would work. 

The dumb asses wanted to try with some dumbshit name like "Barry Hausdorff."  I tried to explain that there really does have to be someone registered under that name for it to work...you can't just make up some name and vote without an ID. 
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
I think requiring voter ID is not in question but rather the inconsistency in what is considered acceptable identification.   Accepting NRA membership cards and not student identification doesn't seem very ethical and is obviously designed to target a specific voter demographic.  I see no reason why someone shouldn't be required to present a photo ID but that's just me..
I dont think it was an NRA membership card it was a concealed carry permit....

there is a HUGE difference.

Also you can obtain a studen ID and not be a citizen of the US. I believe you have to be a citizen to get a concealed carry permit.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »
I've voted in 3 different precincts today.  I tell them my name is "Mark Williams."  They check the registration...and my name is there (so far).  They haven't asked me to prove who I am yet. lol

I only tried it at three large population areas where I figured a generic name like that would be registered...I don't think I'm going to press my luck on a fourth district.  The only reason I risked a third district after the first two worked was because I was drunk and the buddies I'm drinking with didn't believe that it would work. 

The dumb asses wanted to try with some dumbshit name like "Barry Hausdorff."  I tried to explain that there really does have to be someone registered under that name for it to work...you can't just make up some name and vote without an ID. 

hahahahahaha america

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
I dont think it was an NRA membership card it was a concealed carry permit....

there is a HUGE difference.

Also you can obtain a studen ID and not be a citizen of the US. I believe you have to be a citizen to get a concealed carry permit.

I concede you may be right, tony.  I was basing my statement on memory which may be faulty.
A