Author Topic: GOP retains the house  (Read 1012 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
GOP retains the house
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »
Great news. One side will not be running roughshod over the other. Bring on dat gridlock!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: GOP retains the house
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »
Great news. One side will not be running roughshod over the other. Bring on dat gridlock!
Why would you want gridlock?  Wouldn`t you rather have compromise over gridlock?  ???

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »

Yeah, that's good news, although I don't like gridlock per se. Frankly, I think both the Republican and the Democrat members of the House deserved a spanking...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »
Why would you want gridlock?  Wouldn`t you rather have compromise over gridlock?  ???

Nope. Why would I want compromise? Washington sucks.

Yeah, that's good news, although I don't like gridlock per se. Frankly, I think both the Republican and the Democrat members of the House deserved a spanking...

I love gridlock. "Compromise" in Washington means everyone loses.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:32 PM »
Nope. Why would I want compromise? Washington sucks.

Washington sucks precisely because of Gridlock.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
Washington sucks precisely because of Gridlock.

Swing and a miss. The wheels come off in Washington every time one party gets sole control. Saw it with the GOP and then we saw it with Dems.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
Swing and a miss. The wheels come off in Washington every time one party gets sole control. Saw it with the GOP and then we saw it with Dems.
Which is why Compromise is much better than gridlock.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »

Bush1 and Clinton did a lot of compromise.  CLinton budget wasn't too bad, even if he was crap as a person.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 07:37:25 PM »
Bush1 and Clinton did a lot of compromise.  CLinton budget wasn't too bad, even if he was crap as a person.

Too bad Obama doesn't have the political ability nor the desire to compromise, which is precisely why he's a terrible president and will continue to be.

Clinton was a people person and it's pretty well documented that Obama doesn't like people (stemming from the fact that he's a bitter, self-loathing elitist). He wishes he were Clinton.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
Too bad Obama doesn't have the political ability nor the desire to compromise, which is precisely why he's a terrible president and will continue to be.

Clinton was a people person and it's pretty well documented that Obama doesn't like people (stemming from the fact that he's a bitter, self-loathing elitist). He wishes he were Clinton.
Obamacare was a complete compromise.  It was a Republican plan, particularly Bob Dole`s plan.  We were supposed to get a public option and REALLY wanted Single Payer.  Instead we got a Republican plan through compromise. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
Too bad Obama doesn't have the political ability nor the desire to compromise,

agreed.  But the tea party came in saying "no compromise" and prided themselves on blocking 100% of everything dems wanted.

they could have come in and said "give us 60%, and we'll give you 40%" - some of them actually wanted the debt ceiling to collapse.  What was that repub house quote, 'shut it down'/?   madness.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »

agreed.  But the tea party came in saying "no compromise" and prided themselves on blocking 100% of everything dems wanted.

they could have come in and said "give us 60%, and we'll give you 40%" - some of them actually wanted the debt ceiling to collapse.  What was that repub house quote, 'shut it down'/?   madness.

The Tea Party was elected specifically because the people wanted gridlock and someone who would say, "No." The Dems had the opportunity of a lifetime and pissed it away in less than 12 months. They really have themselves to blame for the rise of the Tea Party.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
The Tea Party was elected specifically because the people wanted gridlock and someone who would say, "No." The Dems had the opportunity of a lifetime and pissed it away in less than 12 months. They really have themselves to blame for the rise of the Tea Party.
Rise of the Tea Party?  Where are they?  LOL  Haven`t heard a peep out of them since Glen Beck got fired.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
Rise of the Tea Party?  Where are they?  LOL  Haven`t heard a peep out of them since Glen Beck got fired.

Was talking about the election in 2012. Please try to keep up.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »
Was talking about the election in 2012. Please try to keep up.

Frankly, the "Rise of the Tea Party" is what gave us another 4 years of Obama. You'll forgive me if I won't drink any.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:00 AM »
Obamacare was a complete compromise.  It was a Republican plan, particularly Bob Dole`s plan.  We were supposed to get a public option and REALLY wanted Single Payer.  Instead we got a Republican plan through compromise. 

An answer Fury?

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:24 AM »

LOSER!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »
Yeah.....the House of Reps needs to hold the line....barry has no mandate...almost 1 out of every 2 voted for the other guy......fuck you Barry...No!
L

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:46 AM »
Yeah.....the House of Reps needs to hold the line....barry has no mandate...almost 1 out of every 2 voted for the other guy......fuck you Barry...No!

SUCK IT!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 05:30:03 AM »

Poor baby.  Why so bitter?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
Poor baby.  Why so bitter?
I ordered him a 4 year supply of tissues from Amazon just now.  It will be alright.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »

Mandate? What does the popular vote have to do with a mandate? The only mandate that counts for Presidential elections is the one returned by the Electors of the Electoral College. The popular vote is meaningless.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
Mandate? What does the popular vote have to do with a mandate? The only mandate that counts for Presidential elections is the one returned by the Electors of the Electoral College. The popular vote is meaningless.
Obama won that as well.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
Why would you want gridlock?  Wouldn`t you rather have compromise over gridlock?  ???

No, the federal government being gridlocked is good news for us, as it keeps them from doing as much damage.