Author Topic: Predict This- How long before Republicans Throw Romney under the bus like McCAIN  (Read 2055 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Tomorrow? Or is that too soon?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
charles crauthammer said tonight around 9 pm that Mitt romney was a very weak candiate, but the strongest in a terrible field. 

so its started already.  They can't accept the fact their party is divided....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That's already happened, per the Tea Party News Network, as I figured.

This will be the theme on the conservatives shows: The GOP nominated another moderate; he got killed. SCREW THIS!! We want a true conservative.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

This will be the theme on the conservatives shows: The GOP nominated another moderate; he got killed. SCREW THIS!! We want a true conservative.

Who might that be?  I say give your party to Chris Christie and Ron Paul.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Angela McGlowan just read a press release from them, which said "No more Doles; no more McCains; no more Romneys! We need a true conservative!"

240 is Back

• Getbig V

TRUE - BUT - they need a MODERN conservative.  They don't need one who clings to extreme positions in the belief he has to suck up to the super-super-far right groups.  The USA is changing, it sucks, but it's changing.  Those positions everyone was FORCED to agree to in the debates were used against romney.   My wife, a completely clueless political person by any definition, asked me "Did he really say he'd cut planned parenthood?  That's crazy!"

She doesn't give a single care about politics, and of ALL the issues, THAT is what grabbed her - and she doesn't even use their services!!!

But the mammogram for poor people (or whatever female medical care they do) - THAT is what stood out for this woman that has a doctor and full insurance.

I was SHOCKED - that EXTREME position he had to agree to - THAT is what stuck with her.  nothing else.  She can't tell a deficit from a donut hole - but THAT commercial is what she asked me about.  

So yeah, the new conservative has to be MODERN.   Less Akin, more Rand Paul!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

That will never happen

The GOP is basically a party of lobbyist

These 2 have some honesty left in them that doesnt work in the GOP

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
Tomorrow? Or is that too soon?
Romney did a hell of a job..he lost because of lations and women..he got more white votes than obama in 2004...gotta love someone who can do that..I feel sorry for obama though..he's got a lot coming up..fiscal cliff, bengazhi scandal, working with republicans, insurance companies hiking rates on non obamcare people..ect...let's see what happens

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Romney did a hell of a job..he lost because of lations and women..he got more white votes than obama in 2004...gotta love someone who can do that..I feel sorry for obama though..he's got a lot coming up..fiscal cliff, bengazhi scandal, working with republicans, insurance companies hiking rates on non obamcare people..ect...let's see what happens

It's the loss of Latinos that shocked me the most. He got LESS than John McCain; that's pathetic.

I thought he'd picked up 3-5% on that area. Now, I'm hearing Romney got 30% (and that's being gracious). Heck, Bush got 40% of Latinos in 2004.

All the other demos appear to have gone as predicted for Romney: more men, more white-working class, more independents.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
GOP has to pick one direction.

Either they're tea party, or they're more modern moderates.

They are TWO parties right now, it's that simple.  dems suck but at least they're united.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It's the loss of Latinos that shocked me the most. He got LESS than John McCain; that's pathetic.

I thought he'd picked up 3-5% on that area. Now, I'm hearing Romney got 30% (and that's being gracious). Heck, Bush got 40% of Latinos in 2004.

All the other demos appear to have gone as predicted for Romney: more men, more white-working class, more independents.

You need to start listening to what the Progressives report.  We have been saying for months that Romney has EXACTLY 0 percent support in minorities and that the only way he could win was a high white vote which was statistically impossible.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You need to start listening to what the Progressives report.  We have been saying for months that Romney has EXACTLY 0 percent support in minorities and that the only way he could win was a high white vote which was statistically impossible.

He got a high white vote, even higher than what McCain had. But, he LOST Latinos. At minimum, he should have kept what McCain had, especially with Obama not passing immigration reform, as he promised.

That's another aspect of "Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking", that the pundits will say about Romney: missed opportunities.

They'll say he should have picked Rubio, who was the favorite VP pick, even before Romney clinched the GOP nomination.

They'll say he should have beaten Obama over the head with Libya in that final debate.

And what makes you think I don't listen to progessives/liberals?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Well holy shit, I agree with you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
He got a high white vote, even higher than what McCain had. But, he LOST Latinos. At minimum, he should have kept what McCain had, especially with Obama not passing immigration reform, as he promised.

That's another aspect of "Wednesday Morning Quarterbacking", that the pundits will say about Romney: missed opportunities.

They'll say he should have picked Rubio, who was the favorite VP pick, even before Romney clinched the GOP nomination.

They'll say he should have beaten Obama over the head with Libya in that final debate.

And what makes you think I don't listen to progessives/liberals?
You wouldn`t have posted all that delusional stuff if you actually looked at all the data, facts and evidence.  Republicans have a problem with that and THAT is the REAL problem.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Well holy shit, I agree with you.
I think thats a complete step in the right direction.  I like Christie.  He has shown that he can praise Obama and support him, this is important.  He actually is reasonable and believes in what he is doing.  The same with Ron Paul. 

The Republican party writ large do not like this and they do not like them.  They are calling Christie a traitor now.  Its crazy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You wouldn`t have posted all that delusional stuff if you actually looked at all the data, facts and evidence.  Republicans have a problem with that and THAT is the REAL problem.

I didn't post any delusional stuff. I posted early voting numbers (which were correct).

I posted previous outcomes from Gallup, between challengers and incumbents.

And, I posted Romney lead with independents, which he did in certain swing states (i.e. Ohio, Virginia.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/exit-polls-independents-siding-romney-ohio-virginia/story?id=17656990#.UJqIxq6gy-k

In the end, Romney didn't close the gap, because he bled Latino voters, doing worse than McCain.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I think thats a complete step in the right direction.  I like Christie.  He has shown that he can praise Obama and support him, this is important.  He actually is reasonable and believes in what he is doing.  The same with Ron Paul. 

The Republican party writ large do not like this and they do not like them.  They are calling Christie a traitor now.  Its crazy.
As someone said in another thread, many Republicans are the dinosaurs that did not evolve. They refuse to adapt to the changing climate, and are now becoming extinct.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think thats a complete step in the right direction.  I like Christie. 

CHristie shook Obama's hand - that is unacceptable.  He caught lib virus.  worthless for 2016 now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
For all the abuse that Bush got, he got more blacks and Latino votes in 2004 than he did in 2000. And, that's way more than McCain or Romney got in their respective elections.

Bush got 31% of Latinos in 2000 and 40% in 2004; he got 8% of blacks in 2000 and 11% in 2004.

Why neither McCain nor Romney could at least match that is quite striking, unless.......

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
For all the abuse that Bush got, he got more blacks and Latino votes in 2004 than he did in 2000. And, that's way more than McCain or Romney got in their respective elections.

Bush got 31% of Latinos in 2000 and 40% in 2004; he got 8% of blacks in 2000 and 11% in 2004.

Why neither McCain nor Romney could at least match that is quite striking, unless.......

Latinos liked Bush because he supported Amnesty, Open Borders and no deportation. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
As someone said in another thread, many Republicans are the dinosaurs that did not evolve. They refuse to adapt to the changing climate, and are now becoming extinct.
This is a good thing.  Progress always has come from liberals and being more liberal. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Latinos liked Bush because he supported Amnesty, Open Borders and no deportation. 

And the slight uptick in black voters........