Author Topic: Steve Goggins set to deal with the "joke lifters"?  (Read 7092 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Steve Goggins set to deal with the "joke lifters"?
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:49:42 AM »
Steve Goggins v "joke lifters" in the Westside Meet.

My money is on Goggins.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Steve Goggins set to deal with the "joke lifters"?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:42:45 AM »
is he talking about all of the half squatters and million ply bench shrt wearing guys?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »
is he talking about all of the half squatters and million ply bench shrt wearing guys?

This would be a step in the right direction.

XS

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:59:36 AM »
most of the science from these suits,shirts n shit is why powerlifting sucks anymore.it is ..more than an other thing..it  is directly the cause of westside developing it through the years even though occcassionally i still do them, but not with my legs spread twice as far as out,way tooooo fffffaaaaaarrr oooouuttt it is impossible to really hit parralle with ur legs out too far like that!....also i dont buy any of the new equipment ...ive had  the same single ply inzer shirt that takes 1/2 hour to get the piece of shit on!! n i get about 50lbs from it,same with the squat suit x-cept 1 hour n alota vasaline+briefs-3pair!!    n that all gets me around 100lbs  n my stufff is from  1994!!           imagine what this new shit does!!  but they have done just alittle on deads even though its my worst lift-short arms as opposed to long,the opposite problem with a big deadlifter he will usually have a weak bench,but with these shirts its kinda makin a below avg bencher into an avg lifter or even alot better which is real unfair to a below avg deadlifter who  has a great bench.n squat,cause ya cant cheat the dead much???........EQUIPMENT-GET RID OF IT ALL CEPT MAYBE BELT???JUST MY OPININON..i have done over 60 meets and now im bodybuildin, i like it but to keep tryin to fight the newest best shirt sucks n so do surgerys!! so im now a bb

seeya dave

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »
most of the science from these suits,shirts n shit is why powerlifting sucks anymore.it is ..more than an other thing..it  is directly the cause of westside developing it through the years even though occcassionally i still do them, but not with my legs spread twice as far as out,way tooooo fffffaaaaaarrr oooouuttt it is impossible to really hit parralle with ur legs out too far like that!....also i dont buy any of the new equipment ...ive had  the same single ply inzer shirt that takes 1/2 hour to get the piece of shit on!! n i get about 50lbs from it,same with the squat suit x-cept 1 hour n alota vasaline+briefs-3pair!!    n that all gets me around 100lbs  n my stufff is from  1994!!           imagine what this new shit does!!  but they have done just alittle on deads even though its my worst lift-short arms as opposed to long,the opposite problem with a big deadlifter he will usually have a weak bench,but with these shirts its kinda makin a below avg bencher into an avg lifter or even alot better which is real unfair to a below avg deadlifter who  has a great bench.n squat,cause ya cant cheat the dead much???........EQUIPMENT-GET RID OF IT ALL CEPT MAYBE BELT???JUST MY OPININON..i have done over 60 meets and now im bodybuildin, i like it but to keep tryin to fight the newest best shirt sucks n so do surgerys!! so im now a bb

seeya dave

Bro, the only equipment which hasn't gotten any better is the deadlift suit. The Marathon suit is still the best. Unfortunately, they refused to pay the sanction fees to the IPF, and are not allowed anymore, which is BS.

I'd say that the Marathon squat suit is just as good as any out there too, single ply at least. Those Marathon guys sure knows their shit! But Titan makes good suits. Avoid Inzer like the plague though. They're crap. Metal makes almost as good deadlift suits as marathon, and when it comes to benchpress, Titan is king.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 07:30:33 PM »
yea i always wore marathon i wondered what happpen to them!!!! the thing is a tough sucker its more than 10 years old n  lt  still works great when i let friends use it

hardest core

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 06:57:07 AM »
Marathon is the only suit I ever liked. I used the same squat suit from 1989-2000....15 comps..........squatted 804.5 @ 242 USAPL in it.

As for the deadlift, a tight suit and an erector shirt will help. I won't even comment on the new triple ply suits and shirts..........ok.....t here a joke.