Author Topic: Dry Curd Cottage Cheese  (Read 4430 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Dry Curd Cottage Cheese
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:07 PM »
I've been eating Dry Curd Cottage Cheese for the past couple weeks and really enjoy it.  Dry curd cottage cheese - also known as dry curd cheese or cheese curds - is cottage cheese without any liquid additives such as milk or cream after the milk is curdled. I mix a half of a cup with a serving of fruit yogurt and eat it before bedtime.  Great slow digesting protein.  It's higher in protein, lower in carbs and sodium than the conventional Cottage Cheese.  The differences in sodium by comparison is shocking.  20mg vs 460mg in a half cup serving!   Here's the breakdown:

1/2 cup
.05g of fat
20g of protein
1g sugar
2 carbs
20 mg sodium

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Dry Curd Cottage Cheese
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:35:17 PM »
I remember my grandmother used to make pierogies with that stuff.
Do you buy it at the regular grocery? I've never seen it, but I've also never really looked for it, either.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »
I remember my grandmother used to make pierogies with that stuff.
Do you buy it at the regular grocery? I've never seen it, but I've also never really looked for it, either.

Yup, buy it at a regular grocery store.   I mix it with pineapple yogurt and it's like a dessert!  A high protein, low carb dessert!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
is this different from the curd cheese I eat on poutine? I'm assuming that it is...

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
is this different from the curd cheese I eat on poutine? I'm assuming that it is...

Not sure, I've never had that stuff.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:58:34 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:13:49 AM »
I've been eating Dry Curd Cottage Cheese for the past couple weeks and really enjoy it.  Dry curd cottage cheese - also known as dry curd cheese or cheese curds - is cottage cheese without any liquid additives such as milk or cream after the milk is curdled. I mix a half of a cup with a serving of fruit yogurt and eat it before bedtime.  Great slow digesting protein.  It's higher in protein, lower in carbs and sodium than the conventional Cottage Cheese.  The differences in sodium by comparison is shocking.  20mg vs 460mg in a half cup serving!   Here's the breakdown:

1/2 cup
.05g of fat
20g of protein
1g sugar
2 carbs
20 mg sodium

sounds very tasty :P

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 10:49:54 PM »
I like krundenson, it expensive but IMO the best