Author Topic: Karl Rove SuperPAC spent 99 Percent of its money on losing Candidates.  (Read 1855 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Karl Rove SuperPAC spent 99 Percent of its money on losing Candidates.
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 06:12:25 AM »
The Bush's won because they beat extremely weak challengers.

The Bush's are the biggest culprits in the destruction of the GOP and have irreversibly moved this country toward a big government freakshow.

Neither man was a conservative. Both advocated the compassionate conservative farce through the astronomical growth of government.

As to your point on black preachers-- The gay issue was never a serious election issue ( outside of NC).

+1

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »
WHAT IS IT with you and Akin? There were GOP senators that lost across the board, most of the moderates.

Yet, you keep yapping as if Akin and Mourdock were the only two who ran for the Senate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/11/07/mark_levin_gives_unvarnished_truth_on_romney_loss.html

"Scott Brown LOST.....LIBERAL!
Linda McMahon LOST....LIBERAL!
Tommy Thompson LOST....MODERATE......
(Rick) Berg in North Dakota
(Linda) Lingle in Hawaii

And I can go down the list!!"

I'm just trying to figure out how you arrive at the conclusion that Akin is a moderate but let's put that aside and look at your other crazy premise that Repub Senate candidate lost because they were too moderate.

Do you really believe that voters in Massachusetts didn't put Scot Brown back in office becasue he was too moderate and instead decided to give the job to a liberal like Elizabeth Warren while they wait for a truly "severe" conservative to get behind in the next election?   Or in Wisconsin where an openly gay woman beats a former governor.   Those voters are too just biding their time with a liberal until they can get their ideal extreme conservative?   It's time to face the fact that voters chose  Dems over Repubs because those candidates represent the positions held by the majority of voters.

I do hope the Repubs who run the party share your belief that the key to success is to get more conservative if for no other reason than to watch you come on this board and explain again that your party lost because they were too moderate

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »
I'm just trying to figure out how you arrive at the conclusion that Akin is a moderate but let's put that aside and look at your other crazy premise that Repub Senate candidate lost because they were too moderate.

Do you really believe that voters in Massachusetts didn't put Scot Brown back in office becasue he was too moderate and instead decided to give the job to a liberal like Elizabeth Warren while they wait for a truly "severe" conservative to get behind in the next election?   Or in Wisconsin where an openly gay woman beats a former governor.   Those voters are too just biding their time with a liberal until they can get their ideal extreme conservative?   It's time to face the fact that voters chose  Dems over Repubs because those candidates represent the positions held by the majority of voters.

I do hope the Repubs who run the party share your belief that the key to success is to get more conservative if for no other reason than to watch you come on this board and explain again that your party lost because they were too moderate

Untrue-- election aside. The majority of people who turned out in a handful of swing states might share those views, but on a person by person level, that can't be true because the country would have already fallen apart by now and we would have a 1 party system. Look at the Gubernatorial map, look at Congress etc.

The GOP abandoned its base and the base responded by staying home.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
Untrue-- election aside. The majority of people who turned out in a handful of swing states might share those views, but on a person by person level, that can't be true because the country would have already fallen apart by now and we would have a 1 party system. Look at the Gubernatorial map, look at Congress etc.

The GOP abandoned its base and the base responded by staying home.

if that makes you feel better then ok by me

hopefully by 2014 your side can field a bunch of extreme conservatives and then all those people who chose not to vote this year will show up for your side

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/2012/return_on_investment/

AMERICAN CROSSROADS
1.29%
Total spent campaign 2012: $104,710,427

1.29% of $103,559,672 spent in the general election and ending in the desired result.
Supported 0 winning candidates ; 0.00% of money went to supporting winning candidates.
Opposed 2 losing candidates; 1.29% of money went to opposing losing candidates.
I, like Chris Matthews,
got a tingle up and down my leg when I first read/heard this.
and whenever I need a little smile/day brightener, I re read this.
makes the election almost worth the effort.
w

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 12:40:42 PM »
Haha, really. You want to challenge that?

My word is my word  -Coach-

In other words "Im a lieing POS and a christian republican"

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 02:16:15 AM »

My word is my word  -Coach-

In other words "Im a lieing POS and a christian republican"

Being a republican= fuck everybody except the rich

Being a christian= take care of everybody

They wont work together unless you live on a lie

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »

Do you know many Christians?

I've know some folks who claim to be Christians and who sometimes act as if they are part of an elite social group that a lot of other folks don't qualify to be a part of. I've personally heard some Christians say and seen some Christians do some pretty horrible things to others. My usual comment is, "That's not very Christian of you."

I suspect there are considerably more similarities between many Christians and some Republicans than you are allowing for here.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
Do you know many Christians?

I've know some folks who claim to be Christians and who sometimes act as if they are part of an elite social group that a lot of other folks don't qualify to be a part of. I've personally heard some Christians say and seen some Christians do some pretty horrible things to others. My usual comment is, "That's not very Christian of you."

I suspect there are considerably more similarities between many Christians and some Republicans than you are allowing for here.

I meant true Christians who practise what they preach

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 05:48:10 PM »

qft

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
I meant true Christians who practise what they preach

I see. Well if people just treated others as they would themselves, all would be good....not accounting for masochist, of course.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
I see. Well if people just treated others as they would themselves, all would be good....not accounting for masochist, of course.

Exactly. Id like to meet a 7 day a week christian.....not just a sunday one....for 2 hours....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »

Exactly. Id like to meet a 7 day a week christian.....not just a sunday one....for 2 hours....

I try to be a good person each day of the week, each month of the year and every year of my life. Sometimes, I am successful and sometimes I find that I need to work on some things.

Incidentally, I rarely go to church. When I do, I usually go with my wife to keep her company, although I am not Catholic like her. Fortunately, the church doesn't crumble because I am there with her....that would be embarrassing.  :)