Author Topic: Why taxing the rich and obamas plan won't work  (Read 2210 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why taxing the rich and obamas plan won't work
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 02:04:33 AM »
Okay. Obamacare. Why arent you happy that people now will take personal resposibility by purchasing a policy??   You hated when people sucked off the system and left taxpayers with the bill right? You cant have it both ways. estimated 30 million will be giving revenue to insurance companies...and thats bad???      Yes some will be in poverty and get help or free but they are the small number that use our money. Mostly seniors, handi-capped etc.

This!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
The 30 million you talk of is a projected number that takes into account the states that will opt out of increasing medicaid coverage....thus leaving some hanging.  But they will be able to buy on the exchange markets.....so the number is only an estimate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
The 30 million you talk of is a projected number that takes into account the states that will opt out of increasing medicaid coverage....thus leaving some hanging.  But they will be able to buy on the exchange markets.....so the number is only an estimate.
so youre saying they will be able to buy insurance?

kinda like THEY CAN NOW!!!!!

the 30 million number is from the same ppl obama touted to get the shame bill passed.

you still havent addressed the point of how it will effect the cost of business and the cost to the end consumer.

I dont blame you b/c you obviously know this will dramatically raise the cost of business and the excess cost will get passed onto the consumer and that hurts your case but hey you can keep your head in the dirt if you want to.

what type of business did you own war horse?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
Taxing the rich won't hurt so I'm willing to give it a try

let's see what happens

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
Lol. obama would let taxes go from 35 to 38 percent on people who are making a yearly net profit of 250,000 and more. 

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
Welcome to a new state of economics people..let me tell you whats going to happen

every small business owners either has a product or a service..every business owner must find their supplies either from a wholesaler or big time company that sell sit cheaper..these companies where product is developed is usually a big company that has the money and the resources for big and large distribution with big expensive machines to sell whole sale..these companies, due to their abilities and nature, are very successful..liberalls call them  "the rich"...what obamas plan is going to do is tax these people at all angles and increase regulation...this will create a harder pre tax margin...all large business rate their success based on pre tax margins..when Obama'/ plan takes into effect..since he is taxing corporations higher and the salaries of the wealthy..add payroll tax..now these corporations will have to adjust their pre tax margins..doing this will make their product rise in price since there is a higher need in profit..the business owner instead of buying at a cheaper rate, now has to pay more ..thus cutting his profit when selling to consumer..thus potentially cutting millions of dollars..business fight for every cent..one less or one more can make or break the longevity and profit margins of the company..

To simply this to liberals...joe the business owner will now have to pay a higher whole sale price for his product due to new laws and regulation that tax the "rich millionaire" more..they had to raise price because of less pre tax margin..well since joe got it more expensive..he lost profit due to market not buying his product more expensive ..

Tax is a penalty.
Penalize what you don't want.
Producers must raise prices if the government steals from them.
Communism has never worked.
Make crime a huge ticket like 10,000 etc for robbery owed to who you rob.
etc.
lawyer are not productive, replce them with software

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »
Communism has nothing to do with taxation. In fact I'm fairly certain that in a true communist society- in the communism envisioned by Marx- there wouldn't be any taxation at all. Just shared community ownership, shared consumption of goods; this no need for any taxes regulations or programs.   All that being said, obama only wants to let taxes go up from 35 to 38 percent and only on people making 250k.   That means you have 20000 per momth to append on your own personal consumption. That is extremely wealthy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Taxing the rich won't hurt so I'm willing to give it a try

let's see what happens
Ernst and Young disagree...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »
Ernst and Young disagree...

Who cares.
They were paid to reach that conclusion
The CBO disagree with E&Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »
Who cares.
They were paid to reach that conclusion
The CBO disagree with E&Y
LMFAO they were paid to conduct an unbiased study and they did.

so its between the CBO and one of the most respected accounting/consulting firms in the world eh?

hahahaha yea Ill go with EY...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »
LMFAO they were paid to conduct an unbiased study and they did.

so its between the CBO and one of the most respected accounting/consulting firms in the world eh?

hahahaha yea Ill go with EY...

how do you know it was unbiased.  There were many criticisms of the study and it's conclusion and you can bet if it had reached a different conclusion it would have never seen the light of day

Anyway, all a moot point as no one gives a shit what E&Y think and we're going to see marginally higher taxes on people making over 250k and we'll soon know whether E&Y or the CBO is correct

My money is on the CBO and also on common sense

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
how do you know it was unbiased.  There were many criticisms of the study and it's conclusion and you can bet if it had reached a different conclusion it would have never seen the light of day

Anyway, all a moot point as no one gives a shit what E&Y think and we're going to see marginally higher taxes on people making over 250k and we'll soon know whether E&Y or the CBO is correct

My money is on the CBO and also on common sense

b/c I looked at it and didnt see anything biased about it, what makes you think its biased?

common sense would say to cut spending instead of raising taxes as cutting spending has a much greater impact on debt reduction than tax hikes ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »
b/c I looked at it and didnt see anything biased about it, what makes you think its biased?
common sense would say to cut spending instead of raising taxes as cutting spending has a much greater impact on debt reduction than tax hikes ;)

I posted all the info in the thread you made about it before

commons sense says that if someone is making 300k a year then increasing their marginal tax rate by 3% on AGI over 250k is not going to matter to them at all.   In this case the extra 50k (from 251k to 300k) is taxed an additional 3% or a whopping $1500

I can also draw on my own personal experience as I've had years when my AGI exceeded 250k and I can tell you the extra 1500 + or wouldn't bother me a bit and I would not even notice it.   I would also make sure I'd maxed out my SEP, Health Savings account, etc..