Author Topic: Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban  (Read 843 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban
« on: November 08, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »
This is why having a repiublican congress is so important :)

A few days before Barack Obama's reelection on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) began getting ready to introduce legislation to bring back the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

Quoting The Shooting Wire, Mac Slavo reported on Wednesday:

I don’t have the minutes of the meeting (yet), but sources tell me California Senator and longtime gun-hater Dianne Feinstein’s legal staff held meetings on Friday with FTB/ATF legal staff to discuss a new “Assault Weapons Ban” Madame Feinstein would be looking to push through Congress if President Obama wins reelection.

This same “pretty good intelligence” says the items that would lead to a ban would ban pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering and ban sales of “weapons in possession”.

The law “would essentially ban thousands of firearms and require gun owners to turn them over to the Federal government,” Slavo writes.

With Obama, who supports the ban, in the White House for another term and the Democrats fully in control of the Senate, Feinstein will most likely be able to introduce the legislation. If any trouble is encountered in the Republican-held House of Representatives, then gun control advocates should fear not, as Obama would most likely issue an executive order to get around it as he’s done in the past when he doesn't get his way. After all, “we can’t wait,” the dictator needs to erode our rights now.

As has been reported, so-called assault weapons are used in a very minute percentage of crime, being used in only about one percent of gun crimes and 0.20 percent of all violent crime, and the ban in no way affected violent crime while it was law.

A related issue also came up almost immediately after Obama’s reelection. Not even 24 hours after winning, the administration issued support for the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, which would implement a de facto global gun registry. According to PR Newswire, the administration joined with “China, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and more than 150 other governments, in supporting renewed debate” on the treaty.

Obama previously supported the treaty, but backed out over the summer due to fear of losing the then-upcoming election, causing it to fail to pass and fizzle out of discussion at the time. Now that he no longer has to worry about reelection, he can implement the treaty without repercussion.

Gun sales have surged over the past four years due to fears that the Obama administration would implement gun control. Following his reelection, firearm stocks soared on Wednesday, even while the Dow Jones intraday dropped by 2.23 percent.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »
you told me that obama didnt want a new asault weapons ban...

even after he said he did in the debates...::)

If they do pass this idiocy I hope they come and take yours first you jack ass.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »

Why would it get through?  Repub House would LOVE to shoot it down.

this is her posturing for her base.  Nothing will come of it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »

Where is Obama`s name on this?  ???

She already had this ready to go, even if Mitt would have won.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »
Where is Obama`s name on this?  ???

She already had this ready to go, even if Mitt would have won.
just coincidence obama said he wanted a new one and then this is being proposed eh?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
just coincidence obama said he wanted a new one and then this is being proposed eh?

When did he say this?  Source please.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

This was in the article. I do remember him saying he wanted a ban during one of the debates as well.

With Obama, who supports the ban

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:12:08 PM »
google is your friend

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
This was in the article. I do remember him saying he wanted a ban during one of the debates as well.

Not really.  Here is the debate clip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133288n

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
    http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/10/17/assault-rifle-ban-makes-an-appearance-at-debate/

Obama: I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced, but part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence, because frankly, in my hometown of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence, and they’re not using AK-47s, they’re using cheap handguns.

And so what can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have opportunity, that our schools are working, that if there’s violence on the streets, that working with faith groups and law enforcement, we can catch it before it gets out of control?

And so what I want is a — is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

You probably remember Romney admitting that he supported and signed the ban into law in his state.  That might be what you remember.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »
google is your friend
Indeed it is and, once again, you were wrong.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Not really.  Here is the debate clip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50133288n
so youre with 240 here and believe he doesnt want one? hahahahah you libtards are knee slapping funny man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »
so youre with 240 here and believe he doesnt want one? hahahahah you libtards are knee slapping funny man
Where is the evidence that he wants one or plans to do anything about it?  ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »
   http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/10/17/assault-rifle-ban-makes-an-appearance-at-debate/

Obama: Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced, color]
what part of the above are you confused about true asshat?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »
what part of the above are you confused about true asshat?
I don`t forsee any action on this issue at all.  There is nothing that Obama has done so far regarding these weapons.  He doesn`t introduce legislation, Congress does.  His never said he supported a ban, only that a ban is one possible solution to limiting the weapons on the street as per the woman`s question.

Its a non-issue that is not going anywhere.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
I don`t forsee any action on this issue at all.  There is nothing that Obama has done so far regarding these weapons.  He doesn`t introduce legislation, Congress does.
agreed that wasnt the point though you moron. The point was obama wants a new assault weapons ban.

You think congress passing the health care bill and obama ranting and raving about health care was a coincidence too?

hahaha you moron the president sets the tone for policy...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »
agreed that wasnt the point though you moron. The point was obama wants a new assault weapons ban.

You think congress passing the health care bill and obama ranting and raving about health care was a coincidence too?

hahaha you moron the president sets the tone for policy...
Hes not setting any agenda for Assault Weapons.  There is no evidence of this at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
obama wants

I believe more politicians.   BUSH2 wanted the AWB too.  Doesn't mean he enacted it (although he didn't revoke it - he did make americans live thru 3.5 years of it under his reign.

We suffered from the Brady bill under Bush.   We never suffered from one under Obama.  Proof is in the pudding.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
Hes not setting any agenda for Assault Weapons.  There is no evidence of this at all.
right its just coincidence that he said he wants a new one and then this legislation is being proposed.

Just like it was a coincidence that he want health care reform and legislation for health care starting being proposed.

::)

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale true asshat, it has a beautiful view of the ocean.