Author Topic: 'The Next Bush' makes campaign filing...  (Read 832 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'The Next Bush' makes campaign filing...
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:07:02 AM »
DALLAS (AP) - George P. Bush, a nephew of former President George W. Bush and son of one-time Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has made a campaign filing in Texas that is required of candidates planning to run for state office, an official said Thursday night.

The younger Bush, a Fort Worth resident, filed a campaign treasurer appointment Wednesday, a requirement for someone to become a candidate under campaign finance law, Tim Sorrells, general counsel for the Texas Ethics Commission, told The Associated Press.

Sorrells said the report does not specify what office Bush might seek, if any, and he had no other details on the filing, which wasn't available online. Bush did not immediately reply to an email seeking comment, and no phone listing for him could be found.

The 36-year-old said in September his goal was to run for office and acknowledged that he had his eyes on several statewide offices.

Raised in Florida, Bush decided to settle in Texas, home to his uncle and his grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush. He runs a consulting firm and has been active in Republican Party outreach to college students. He's also the co-founder of Hispanic Republicans of Texas, a group that seeks to elect Hispanic candidates.

Ana Navarro, who was the national Hispanic co-chairwoman for John McCain when he ran for president in 2008, tweeted her enthusiasm Thursday.

"Wrote check for my friend, (at)georgepbush newly formed exploratory committee for office in TX. Young, pragmatic, Hispanic, just what GOP needs," Navarro's tweet read.

Bush and his wife, Amanda, met while attending law school at the University of Texas at Austin. After working as a lawyer, Bush became a partner in a real estate investment firm. He has started his second company, St. Augustine Partners, a business consulting firm aimed at small- and medium-market energy industries.

Bush also has Navy service on his resume, including a six-month deployment to Afghanistan, where, for security purposes, he was given a different name. Not even those he was serving alongside knew he was a Bush.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 'The Next Bush' makes campaign filing...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »
Not another Bush the last one still hurts

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:08:57 AM »
Bush and his entire family should be drowned.

Enough of these people already.

I swear to god I would vote Obama if he was running against a Bush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:11:49 AM »
Lawyer, military record, Jeb's son, running in TX.  Stayed outta trouble, made his fortune early.

This guy could be President in 20 years... doing everything you'd do, handsome, only 36 years old. 

George P. Bush... sometimes you see a person/situation and realize "yeah, he's gonna be President".

in 15 or 20 years, voters won't remember much of bush 1/2. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 06:19:07 AM »
Lawyer, military record, Jeb's son, running in TX.  Stayed outta trouble, made his fortune early.

This guy could be President in 20 years... doing everything you'd do, handsome, only 36 years old. 

George P. Bush... sometimes you see a person/situation and realize "yeah, he's gonna be President".

in 15 or 20 years, voters won't remember much of bush 1/2. 

LOL

Unless he runs as a liberal, the MSM won't ever let anyone forget.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
Bush and his entire family should be drowned.

Enough of these people already.

I swear to god I would vote Obama if he was running against a Bush.

hahahahahhahahahahahahah ahhahah!!!!!

Political Board Post of the MONTH!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
I know nothing about this guy - maybe he's great, maybe he's not - and this isn't aimed at him per se, but meant more as a general observation: I am starting to get fed up with these new "political dynasties" that are emerging in our country. Bushes, Kennedys, Clintons, etc. What the hell? A handful of families don't have a monopoly on political talent or leadership skills. It's almost starting to look like we're devolving to a weird "hereditary democracy" bullshit...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 09:23:08 AM »
I know nothing about this guy - maybe he's great, maybe he's not - and this isn't aimed at him per se, but meant more as a general observation: I am starting to get fed up with these new "political dynasties" that are emerging in our country. Bushes, Kennedys, Clintons, etc. What the hell? A handful of families don't have a monopoly on political talent or leadership skills. It's almost starting to look like we're devolving to a weird "hereditary democracy" bullshit...

The Clinton's are hardly a dynasty considering only Bill and Hillary have held office. Do you know something about Chelsea planning a political career? However, I do get what you are saying about political talent and/or leadership skills. Think about this, there are dynasties in the entertainment industry and a lot of politicians are not much more than entertainment to most of the folks in this country. Could it be there is a connection here?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:53 AM »
I'm sure Chelsea Clinton will run for national office one day.   She's spending her 20/30s getting educated and making her fortune. 

There's no way she's 40 years old and not holding state office in New York.  There's no way she's 50 and not in the Dem Primary race.

The thing with these political families, they have the infrastructure in place.  They have people that start at age 15 with the goal of being prez at age 45.  This Bush guy has kept his nose clean, done everything right.  He's 36 and in ten years, he'll be in national office, definitely.  Same with Chelsea Clinton - Some things are inevitable.

it's just like the kid who grows up with a dad who runs a body shop will probably work on cars, or the girl that grows up with a mom who's a teacher is more likely to end up in education field.  We do what we know, what we see growing up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »
I'm learning on DU that this Bush's mom is Mexican.   He's hhispanic and speaks spanish.

This dude WILL be President of the USA one day, absolutely.

A hispanic Bush with military experience and a law degree and a big smile, running out of Texas?

Just pick the year, 2028 maybe?  Maybe 2024?  The dude could win TX governor just by showing up... put in 4 years in office and grin his way to a nomination.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Bush

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
Fuck another Bush in the god dam oval office EVER.

I will allow Hillary in ONLY because I think she's capable and can do the job.

I will not allow Chelsea Handler anywhere near the Resolute desk...

FFWD to :33

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »

You said it, bro.  It creeps me the fuck out, too.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
I'm learning on DU that this Bush's mom is Mexican.   He's hhispanic and speaks spanish.

This dude WILL be President of the USA one day, absolutely.
A hispanic Bush with military experience and a law degree and a big smile, running out of Texas?

Just pick the year, 2028 maybe?  Maybe 2024?  The dude could win TX governor just by showing up... put in 4 years in office and grin his way to a nomination.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Bush

LOL - you might want to wait until he wins an election first or maybe just until you hear him speak

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
LOL - you might want to wait until he wins an election first or maybe just until you hear him speak

Think GW Bush only with a Mexican accent and lots of extra mumbling.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

Hopefully, his public speaking skills are better than his uncle's were....but then, that's not saying much.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:13 AM »
if he is indeed being groomed to be president or governor or whatever one day...

methinks he's had plenty of public speaking practice since young age.  He probably about the glossiest/prepared 36 year old in the country.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
if he is indeed being groomed to be president or governor or whatever one day...

methinks he's had plenty of public speaking practice since young age.  He probably about the glossiest/prepared 36 year old in the country.

At this point, you could post anything about him and not get an argument from me because I don't know squat about him or his political qualifications.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 07:17:48 AM »
George 'P' Bush running for Land Commissioner in Texas

Nice stepping stone to governor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »
George 'P' Bush running for Land Commissioner in Texas

Nice stepping stone to governor.

Jorge Arbusto El Tres and the rest of them need to go the F way!