Author Topic: Unions. Pro or Con.  (Read 3020 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Unions. Pro or Con.
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »
not true

boss pays you for better productivity and is glad to have someone shows up on time and works hard

government laws forcing him to not fire slackers hurt everyone with more expensive goods and crappy work environment

not to mention lawyers have feast, the blood suckers

yeah, and there were never abuses, ever.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
tom woods
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
not true

boss pays you for better productivity and is glad to have someone shows up on time and works hard.

government laws forcing him to not fire slackers hurt everyone with more expensive goods and crappy work environment

not to mention lawyers have feast, the blood suckers

Haha maybe on fantasy island.  If your really productive he'll let you keep the job until someone better walk in...like his brother-in-law.  Why all the blindness???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »

Haha maybe on fantasy island.  If your really productive he'll let you keep the job until someone better walk in...like his brother-in-law.  Why all the blindness???
you can boycot if you like. you can organize your friends and get them all to boycot.

but you dont have the right to infringe on anyone elses freedom in the process.

if i want to offer 2 dollars per hour for a job, thats my right to offer it.  nobody has to accept my offer. and if somebody does want to accept, then they have the right to do so.

what is so hard about not infringing upon other peoples freedoms ?

do good, by all means do good. boycot those people whose behaviors you think damaging. spread your information.  encourage other people to join you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »
you can boycot if you like. you can organize your friends and get them all to boycot.

but you dont have the right to infringe on anyone elses freedom in the process.

if i want to offer 2 dollars per hour for a job, thats my right to offer it.  nobody has to accept my offer. and if somebody does want to accept, then they have the right to do so.

what is so hard about not infringing upon other peoples freedoms ?

do good, by all means do good. boycot those people whose behaviors you think damaging. spread your information.  encourage other people to join you.

Surprise, surprise, I don't disagree with you.

I am retired from a job in education in Oregon. I just looked at the job postings for the school district where I used to work. What do you think I discovered? There are an incredible number of openings. -Seems kind of strange, considering that Oregon is one of the worst hit states when it comes to unemployment. Could it be with all the salary freezes and furlough days that few people are interested in employment in education even when jobs are scarce?

In Oregon, public employees are under attack. Many agencies have moved to part-time positions which don't qualify for benefits and where the wage scale is so low that it doesn't pay enough to get folk off public assistance. So is it a surprise that they cannot accept these positions? I think not.

We like to make fun of the "wet backs" who are willing to take service jobs, like the folk who maintain many of the yards in my neighborhood and who clean our houses. Truth be told, these hardworking folk probably make more than our public agencies can afford to pay well qualified applicants. I suspect it is just a matter of time before someone who aspired to educate our youth will be mowing my lawn or cleaning my house instead.

Guess I shouldn't complain since I won't need to perform these menial tasks myself. It is kind of like the good ol' days before the civil war, when my ancestors used slaves to make their fortunes. And why not? It is all about survival of the fittest, right?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
Surprise, surprise, I don't disagree with you.

I am retired from a job in education in Oregon. I just looked at the job postings for the school district where I used to work. What do you think I discovered? There are an incredible number of openings. -Seems kind of strange, considering that Oregon is one of the worst hit states when it comes to unemployment. Could it be with all the salary freezes and furlough days that few people are interested in employment in education even when jobs are scarce?

In Oregon, public employees are under attack. Many agencies have moved to part-time positions which don't qualify for benefits and where the wage scale is so low that it doesn't pay enough to get folk off public assistance. So is it a surprise that they cannot accept these positions? I think not.

We like to make fun of the "wet backs" who are willing to take service jobs, like the folk who maintain many of the yards in my neighborhood and who clean our houses. Truth be told, these hardworking folk probably make more than our public agencies can afford to pay well qualified applicants. I suspect it is just a matter of time before someone who aspired to educate our youth will be mowing my lawn or cleaning my house instead.

Guess I shouldn't complain since I won't need to perform these menial tasks myself. It is kind of like the good ol' days before the civil war, when my ancestors used slaves to make their fortunes. And why not? It is all about survival of the fittest, right?

BAM!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
An occuqtion is only worth what people are willing to pay for it