Poll

Should 333386 return to Getbig Politics Board?

Yes, he contributed a lot of quality posts and viewpoints
No, the place is better without him
Who? I don't give a F@#k either way

Author Topic: Should 333386 return to the Getbig Political Board? (Poll)  (Read 32527 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Should 333386 return to the Getbig Political Board? (Poll)
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »

For the 300th time.  Payroll and expenses are tax deductions.  Also Writeoffs such as losses are deductions.

General residential contractor 12 yrs. And also foreman 13 yrs before.
Lol I understand payroll is tax deductible...I work in accounting my friend. what I dont understand is how this penatly will be classified as payroll...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »

Personal penalty is 95 dollars first year.  Business may differ......please study up some more.
hahah go back and re-read brainchild I said BUSINESSES will pay $2000 per employee if they have over 50 and dont give health insurance.

so a company that has an equivelent of 200 full time employees that doesnt give health insurance will pay $400,000 in penalties for the year.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/how-much-is-the-obamacare-tax/

Gawd your a dense one tony.  Please read before looking stupid again

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/how-much-is-the-obamacare-tax/

Gawd your a dense one tony.  Please read before looking stupid again
thats for individuals you dumb toad!!!

you do realize that if business choose not to give health care they will be penalized, correct?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
thats for individuals you dumb toad!!!

you do realize that if business choose not to give health care they will be penalized, correct?

I give up.  You must be a gimmick.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »

before you agree that business with more than 50 employees that do not offer insurance will be taxed 2000 per equivilent full time employee.

also the penalties arent tax deductible just so you know ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
Here you go war horse.................

"Businesses with 50 or more full-time workers must pay a $2,000 penalty for each employee, beyond the first 30 workers, who qualifies for subsidies and does not have employer coverage.[1] Part-time workers also count toward the number of employees in the firm"

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/10/obamacare-will-price-less-skilled-workers-out-of-full-time-jobs

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »

http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/questions/small-business

Only large business that uses taxpayer funded assistance.   Not the engines of small business.....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »
My guess is that a lot of folks on Getbig are fairly young and healthy. When I was in your situation, I didn't care much about paying for medical insurance, either out of pocket or because it was factored into the salary package I received from my employers. In fact when offered a "cafeteria plan" I chose to put my money elsewhere (a cafeteria plan is one where the employer allows the employee to pick how they want to use their benefit dollars).

You see to an employer, particularly one with a lot of employees, calculates the total cost of an employee, which includes benefits such as medical insurance, vacation, sick leave, employer paid retirement and any employer paid taxes such as Medicare, Workman's Comp and Social Security.

It wasn't until I was almost 40 years old that I starting thinking I should be looking at some of these benefits; health insurance because one starts needing it more the older they get and because paying a doctor outright was starting to be really expensive. A hospital stay could bankrupt a person. I also realized it was time to plan for my eventual retirement if I was to have any. When I first took a position that provided these benefits, I also took a pretty big hit (as in reduction) in salary.

I don't know if Obamacare is the answer to our countries healthcare crisis; nobody does. We probably won't know what about it works and doesn't until it is implemented which isn't projected to be until 2014 and beyond, see time-line below:

OVERVIEW OF THE HEALTH CARE LAW

2010: A new Patient’s Bill of Rights goes into effect, protecting consumers from the worst abuses of the insurance industry. Cost-free preventive services begin for many Americans.
See More 2010 Changes.

2011: People with Medicare can get key preventive services for free, and also receive a 50% discount on brand-name drugs in the Medicare “donut hole.”
See More 2011 Changes.

2012: Accountable Care Organizations and other programs help doctors and health care providers work together to deliver better care.
See More 2012 Changes.

2014: All Americans will have access to affordable health insurance options. New Health Insurance Exchanges will allow individuals and small businesses to compare health plans on a level playing field. Middle and low-income families will get tax credits that cover a significant portion of the cost of coverage. And the Medicaid program will be expanded to cover more low-income Americans. All together, these reforms mean that millions of people who were previously uninsured will gain coverage, thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

IMPROVING QUALITY AND LOWERING COSTS

•Paying Physicians Based on Value Not Volume. A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care. Effective January 1, 2015.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/full.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/questions/small-business

Only large business that uses taxpayer funded assistance.   Not the engines of small business.....

any business with over 50 employees!!!!

so now you admit it and you want to qualify it eh?

hahahhah

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »
Here you go war horse.................

"Businesses with 50 or more full-time workers must pay a $2,000 penalty for each employee, beyond the first 30 workers, who qualifies for subsidies and does not have employer coverage.[1] Part-time workers also count toward the number of employees in the firm"

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/10/obamacare-will-price-less-skilled-workers-out-of-full-time-jobs

Heritage foundation, really?  Why not use "Drudge" as your source next time. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
Heritage foundation, really?  Why not use "Drudge" as your source next time. 
hahahah way to refute the fact.

would you like me to find another source?

facts are facts abraham.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2012, 05:40:26 PM »

would you like me to find another source?

facts are facts abraham.

Your right about that.  And you are not entitled to your own facts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
Your right about that.  And you are not entitled to your own facts.
hahaha you libtards and your blind loyalty

how about forbes abraham?

"The law attempts to discourage employers from dropping coverage by forcing those who do to pay a penalty. But given ObamaCare’s expensive new mandates, many will find it cheaper to pay the $2,000 per-employee fine and rid themselves of the burden of providing insurance."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/06/20/will-employer-sponsored-health-insurance-survive-obamacare/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
facts are facts abraham.

If this were true, it would make everyone's life much simpler. Unfortuantely integrity has gone out of style, therefore the facts are not always the same as the truth. In fairness, most of us don't really know what the real facts are or where to find the real truth.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
If this were true, it would make everyone's life much simpler. Unfortuantely integrity has gone out of style, therefore the facts are not always the same as the truth. In fairness, most of us don't really know what the real facts are or where to find the real truth.
fact is that employers with more than 50 employees that dont provide health insurance will have to pay $2000 per equivilent full time employee.

Truth is this will substantially raise operating cost which will be passed on to the customer. Truth is employers will start to pull back on part time employees as they now contribute towards equivilent full time employees.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

"The law attempts to discourage employers from dropping coverage by forcing those who do to pay a penalty. But given ObamaCare’s expensive new mandates, many will find it cheaper to pay the $2,000 per-employee fine and rid themselves of the burden of providing insurance."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/06/20/will-employer-sponsored-health-insurance-survive-obamacare/

If the penalty is annually assessed, some employers may indeed believe it is cheaper to pay a $2,000 fine than provide employer paid insurance coverage. Fairly decent full-family medical coverage is currently about $16,000 a year; single coverage is about $6,000 a year. Employers who have a large group of employees may actually pay less for group coverage depending on the size and and risk factors in the group.

The cost of ObamaCare mandates has not yet been determined, since it is not yet fully implemented.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
If the penalty is an annual one, some employers may indeed believe it is cheaper to pay a $2,000 fine than provide employer paid insurance coverage. Fairly decent full-family medical coverage is currently about $16,000 a year; single coverage is about $6,000 a year. Employers who have a large group of employees may actually pay less for group coverage depending on the size and and risk factors in the group.

The cost of ObamaCare mandates has not yet been determined, since it is not yet fully implemented.

agreed and it definitely would be IF part time workers didnt count toward the full time employee number.

under obamacare all part time hours will be added up and divided by 40 and that number will be added to the number of full time workers to get an equivilent full time employee number.

that is what the penalty will be based off of.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »
Really? Please tell me how this is done.

I am a senior citizen and I pay monthly premiums for my Medicare supplemental insurance in addition to the cost of Medicare, which currently is just under $100 a month in my income bracket. People with higher incomes  pay higher rates for Medicare, part B.

Is this the health-care you think American's are getting for free? There is no way for folks to opt out of Medicare BTW, unless they can provide proof of other medical insurance coverage. It is required that one have Medicare part A, B and D which is prescription drug coverage. Part D comes at an additional cost. If you don't select part D or supplemental coverage with part D included, you are subject to a penalty.

Ummm... Prime, ...there's no gentle way to say this. {whispering} I was being sarcastic.  :D
I thought the road runner pic and the airport colonoscopy might have been a bit of a clue, ...but I guess not.

{pssst:} As Tony would say, ...ya got onioned.  :D

BTW Tony, what a way to veer a thread OFF-TOPIC!!!
Poor 333386 is prolly lurking about anxiously waiting for the poll numbers to come in and you turn this into a thread about his arch nemesis. That's so cruel of you.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
I looked fwd to 33/s posts every day.  Something fun to argue with, agree with, or learn from.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »
I looked fwd to 33/s posts every day.  Something fun to argue with, agree with, or learn from.

I looked forward to finding a thread he didn't start.
To me, he was like little Johnny trying to play a tune, but with only one note on the kazoo.
Worse than a broken record. I did enjoy some of his posts (the ones that weren't filled with either the subtle or overt racism, and the ones that weren't anti-Obama). Sadly towards the end, that was all he posted. It was disturbing to see him get his hate on. He saw Obama around every corner. In fact, I'm surprised he didn't blame Obama for Hurricane Sandy, ...or did he? I can't tell, I stopped reading most of his stuff a long time ago.
w

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
agreed and it definitely would be IF part time workers didnt count toward the full time employee number.

under obamacare all part time hours will be added up and divided by 40 and that number will be added to the number of full time workers to get an equivilent full time employee number.

that is what the penalty will be based off of.

The U.S. isn't Germany, I know. However, I would like to make some comparisons between these to countries and their health-care systems. I picked Germany because this is where my son and his family live, so I think I know a little about their health-care system. Although my son works for the U.S. government, which provides his and his families health-care insurance, his wife and children are all also covered by German health-care because his wife is German and she is employed by a German company. The German health-care is the medical insurance they prefer to use because it is better and more accessible for them.

In Germany employers are required to provide health-care coverage to their employees. This has been the case for at least as long as my son and his wife have been married, which is 25 years and most likely a lot longer.

My wife and I have hosted a few exchange students from Germany over the years. In two cases their parents were doctors. Doctors in Germany do not make the big bucks (as compared to other occupations) as U.S. doctors do. I do not know what the German government controls are over prescription drug pricing, but I do know that drug pricing controls in the U.S. are controlled by the drug companies more so than the government and their profits are huge. My cousin, a retired CEO for Pfizer is enormously wealthy as a result of his former position with the drug company giant.

My point is that the health-care crisis in this country has many layers. Certainly, greedy for profit medical insurance providers play a role. Overpaid doctors contribute to the problem. The masses of uninsured people who need health-care, but cannot pay for it, are a problem. Our system as it stood can not continue. ObamaCare may not be perfect, but it is at least acknowledg that something must change and taking a stab at doing this.

I am going to reiterate what I said before because I think you all need to consider this; a lot of Getbiggers are young and healthy. They probably don't see the need for health-care benefits because they believe they are invincible. Trust me when I say that you are not invincible. Anyone can get seriously ill and at any age. Pray that this does not happen to you if you are uninsured, because if you have accumulated anything of value, like real estate and you need expensive medical care, you could lose everything you worked for due to this illness.

Of course there is always another way to look at things. If people who cannot afford medical care were simply denied it and subsequently died as a result, it would lessen the problems we face as a result of over population. Many of those folk and their families who are stuck in menial, low-paying jobs with no benefits will simply cease to exist. Heck, with soaring unemployment rates, this will open up more slots for other slaves to the wealthy 1%.

Maybe I overstate, but anything is possible.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
Ummm... Prime, ...there's no gentle way to say this. {whispering} I was being sarcastic.  :D
I thought the road runner pic and the airport colonoscopy might have been a bit of a clue, ...but I guess not.

Sorry for my lack of appreciation for your sarcasm. What you posted is funny.

My wife is scheduled for mammogram next week, I am thinking about taking her to the airport rather than to her doctor. Heck, if we had to pay full bore for the mammogram, it might be cheaper to by plane tickets to Hawaii for the both of us and I am pretty sure that would be much more fun.

Next year, I am scheduled for my once every 5 year colonoscopy. A trip through the airport security scan and even a public feel up would probably be more fun than that test. Not only that, who knows how far away we could travel on the cost of a colonoscopy.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
The U.S. isn't Germany, I know. However, I would like to make some comparisons between these to countries and their health-care systems. I picked Germany because this is where my son and his family live, so I think I know a little about their health-care system. Although my son works for the U.S. government, which provides his and his families health-care insurance, his wife and children are all also covered by German health-care because his wife is German and she is employed by a German company. The German health-care is the medical insurance they prefer to use because it is better and more accessible for them.

In Germany employers are required to provide health-care coverage to their employees. This has been the case for at least as long as my son and his wife have been married, which is 25 years and most likely a lot longer.

My wife and I have hosted a few exchange students from Germany over the years. In two cases their parents were doctors. Doctors in Germany do not make the big bucks (as compared to other occupations) as U.S. doctors do. I do not know what the German government controls are over prescription drug pricing, but I do know that drug pricing controls in the U.S. are controlled by the drug companies more so than the government and their profits are huge. My cousin, a retired CEO for Pfizer is enormously wealthy as a result of his former position with the drug company giant.

My point is that the health-care crisis in this country has many layers. Certainly, greedy for profit medical insurance providers play a role. Overpaid doctors contribute to the problem. The masses of uninsured people who need health-care, but cannot pay for it, are a problem. Our system as it stood can not continue. ObamaCare may not be perfect, but it is at least acknowledg that something must change and taking a stab at doing this.

I am going to reiterate what I said before because I think you all need to consider this; a lot of Getbiggers are young and healthy. They probably don't see the need for health-care benefits because they believe they are invincible. Trust me when I say that you are not invincible. Anyone can get seriously ill and at any age. Pray that this does not happen to you if you are uninsured, because if you have accumulated anything of value, like real estate and you need expensive medical care, you could lose everything you worked for due to this illness.

Of course there is always another way to look at things. If people who cannot afford medical care were simply denied it and subsequently died as a result, it would lessen the problems we face as a result of over population. Many of those folk and their families who are stuck in menial, low-paying jobs with no benefits will simply cease to exist. Heck, with soaring unemployment rates, this will open up more slots for other slaves to the wealthy 1%.

Maybe I overstate, but anything is possible.

Professor Prime

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »

he is...we figured that out a long time ago