Author Topic: Drinking - What's your favorite drink/beer fellas?  (Read 16293 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Drinking - What's your favorite drink/beer fellas?
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
PBR

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »
Never heard of Johnny Walker green. Is it more expensive than Johnny Walker Blue?

I don't drink anything in the whiskey family so years ago I wasn't familiar with Johnny Walker Blue. I was at a party and the host said I want you to try something I know you will like. He poured me about 4 ozs in a glass of Johnny Walker Blue. I took a sip and decided it wasn't for me and later poured it down the sink. When I heard a bottle goes for over $150 I nearly had a heart attack. The next day I bought a bottle and tried to give it to him but he refused. That bottle was in my liquor cabinet for years. Guests sure liked it.

blue's the most expensive

and I actually met a Scot in Krakow who was a rep for the Johnny Walker company and he told me flat out that the blue wasn't worth it, and that the green was the best for it's price

from least to most expensive it goes like this: red/black/green/gold/blue

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2012, 08:15:05 AM »
PBR

Had some PBR on Sunday night. Good beer...went down smooth.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Drinking
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »
Haha, this classic name perturbation is one of the greatest in getbig history :D

Hahaha yes that one was legendary

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
Well my Uncle Donald ( who i am named after ) used to work in a Distillery in Islay of the west coast of Scotland. My Mother and Uncle were Born and grew up there and spoke real Gaelic. Anyway my Uncle lost half a leg and lived with us in Central Scotland so i got to know him very well. He drunk whisky always neat. The whisky they made in Islay was Islay Mist. A very expensive Malt. I do not drink whisky myself, only Beer.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
Never heard of Johnny Walker green. Is it more expensive than Johnny Walker Blue?

I don't drink anything in the whiskey family so years ago I wasn't familiar with Johnny Walker Blue. I was at a party and the host said I want you to try something I know you will like. He poured me about 4 ozs in a glass of Johnny Walker Blue. I took a sip and decided it wasn't for me and later poured it down the sink. When I heard a bottle goes for over $150 I nearly had a heart attack. The next day I bought a bottle and tried to give it to him but he refused. That bottle was in my liquor cabinet for years. Guests sure liked it.

Green is $50-$55. Well worth the price.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
 :o Back in the Army days, this was THEEE SHIT that got us rolling for the weekend..... :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
:o Back in the Army days, this was THEEE SHIT that got us rolling for the weekend..... :D

Thats hilarious..

I remember those drinks.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »

Is that photo shopped?
#

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »
Kahlooua? With skim milk

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
Kahlooua? With skim milk

What is Kahlooua? Is it the same as Kahlua. I like a coffee nudge when it is cold out or if I am up at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.

Instructions:

1. Place 1 oz. of brandy in a heavy mug. Add 1/2 oz. Kahlua and 1/2 oz. creme de cacao.

2. Fill the cup with fresh, hot coffee, but leave a bit of room at the top for whipped cream. Stir well.

3. Top the coffee nudge with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Garnish the whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles or curls, a light dusting of nutmeg or cinnamon. Use a stick of fresh cinnamon as a stirrer, if desired.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
What is Kahlooua? Is it the same as Kahlua. I like a coffee nudge when it is cold out or if I am up at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.

Instructions:

1. Place 1 oz. of brandy in a heavy mug. Add 1/2 oz. Kahlua and 1/2 oz. creme de cacao.

2. Fill the cup with fresh, hot coffee, but leave a bit of room at the top for whipped cream. Stir well.

3. Top the coffee nudge with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Garnish the whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles or curls, a light dusting of nutmeg or cinnamon. Use a stick of fresh cinnamon as a stirrer, if desired.

This drink is served preferably in a chilled glass of gay.  ;D

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »
Jack Daniels and Miller Lite or Heineken. Add some clamato and lime to the beer and now we're talking.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »
This drink is served preferably in a chilled glass of gay.  ;D

Wow! Who knew that drinks could be gay. I thought that was reserved for people.  :)

My usual drink is a single malt scotch neat....is that straight enough for you?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
Jack Daniels and Miller Lite or Heineken. Add some clamato and lime to the beer and now we're talking.

Good call but I would say Miller and Jack on Saturday night and the clamato reserved for the Sunday morning "hair of the dog" recovery drink! :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »

Instructions:

yeah, kahlua. didnt remember how to spell it. that drink sounds good!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
It appears there are a few select getbiggers who have developed a certain "appreciation" for milky, creamy substances.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
It appears there are a few select getbiggers who have developed a certain "appreciation" for milky, creamy substances.

:D

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »
Wow! Who knew that drinks could be gay. I thought that was reserved for people.  :)

My usual drink is a single malt scotch neat....is that straight enough for you?

Hahah Optimusprimemuscle...jus t ribbin' ya!

I have no taste for the francy drinks, but if you're ever at the pub, I'd buy you a scotch and a beer and we could trade war stories!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »

It seems that nobody has a clue about what quality single malt Scotch Whisky is.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:06 AM »
Ha! We've never had a booze thread that hasn't broken out in snobbery.   ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »
varies throughout the year.. typical drinks are;

Jack and diet coke
Capt Morgan and diet coke
Chivas and water

Beer
Left Hand Milk Stout
Stash IPA

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:08 AM »
i like cranberry n absolute, i quit drinking last month cause i was going on to many benders. trust me fellas it was a nightmare
R

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
It is quite hard to decide, because there is so much good liquors and so little time. Here is my top eight, which I try to keep in my bar all the time:

Tequila Buscadores anejo

Tequila XQ Reposado

Tequila Patrón Silver

Ben Riach single malt with sherry wood finish

Glengoyne single malt cask strength

Appelton Estate rum, 12 years old

Braastad  XO cognac

Russki Standard platinium Vodka

Kind of "tip of the iceberg", because there is lot of good premium tequilas, whiskeys, rums, absinthe's, vodkas etc. to drink. As you may have realize, I don't drink to be drunk, but to enjoy the taste of the premium products, with a good cigar. Drinking and training is bad combination, so I take a drink or two every now and then, smoke a cigar and relax.

+ = happy me  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
Hahah Optimusprimemuscle...jus t ribbin' ya!

I have no taste for the francy drinks, but if you're ever at the pub, I'd buy you a scotch and a beer and we could trade war stories!

I like the handle you awarded me (optimusprimemuscle or more accurately spelled optimistprimemuscle).

Your offer to buy me a scotch is very nice. I am not a huge beer drinker, but when I drink beer, I like Hefeweizen or Guiness. German beers, when you get them in Germany, are the best.