Author Topic: Test for back disc?  (Read 2206 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Test for back disc?
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
I have two bulging/partially degenerated discs in my lower back. Will low dose test/HRT help this at all if I don't up the weights I'm lifting?  Will the core muscles take up the slack?  Any of you broke down fools have experience? ;D

whitewidow

Re: Test for back disc?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 02:48:38 AM »
I have two bulging/partially degenerated discs in my lower back. Will low dose test/HRT help this at all if I don't up the weights I'm lifting?  Will the core muscles take up the slack?  Any of you broke down fools have experience? ;D

I have degenerative disk disease. I have alot of herniated discs. I do not think the Test helped me but I did not keep my weights at a low amount, I actually upped them.

my advice is your back will feel worse if you do not work-out. if you just sit at home and hope they will feel better that is the worse thing you can do. If you can use test and keep from upping your weights it will not heal your discs but it will help you get through workouts easier. whatever you do stay away from pain killers. that is the one mistake I made. I used painillers to mask the pain and still workout hard but in the end I just wound up addicted to them. back pain is horrible and sucks if you are a bodybuilder. I would try physical therapy and alot of massage and visits to the chiropractor. I would do alot of core excercises. having a strong core is the key, it takes alot of strain off of the back. usually pople who get back pain or bac issues hav weak core muscles.

That is one thing I would preach to any young bodybuilder, work your core muscles every workout before you start lifting heavy weights.

MMA animal

• Getbig II
  • http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »
ok this is prob just a coincident but here it goes, for almost 4 years i had severe lower back pain from injuries during grappling matches/greco and sloppy clean and jerk form etc, pain was unbearable, to a point that i would sneeze anf had to catch myself from falling down to the floor, 20 min to put sucks on and constant pain and agony during the day but i kept going, went to see a doctor he said i would never compete in grappling/wrestling or be able to lift more than 40 pounds off the floor, i went to the gym that day and never stopped squatting or doing deadlifts, i think when u do stop it gets worse, anyways i did a 6 week cycle of test P at 250mg a week, and i swear the pain just was gone and to this day, 3 years later no pain at all and better than ever
eat, sleep, train, f

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:09:30 AM »
ok this is prob just a coincident but here it goes, for almost 4 years i had severe lower back pain from injuries during grappling matches/greco and sloppy clean and jerk form etc, pain was unbearable, to a point that i would sneeze anf had to catch myself from falling down to the floor, 20 min to put sucks on and constant pain and agony during the day but i kept going, went to see a doctor he said i would never compete in grappling/wrestling or be able to lift more than 40 pounds off the floor, i went to the gym that day and never stopped squatting or doing deadlifts, i think when u do stop it gets worse, anyways i did a 6 week cycle of test P at 250mg a week, and i swear the pain just was gone and to this day, 3 years later no pain at all and better than ever

well it definately helped you eep lifting and going to the gym but if you took a MRI I bet your discs would still show injury. Test will not heal a disc. It will give you the will to keep training though. Like both of us said the worst thing you can do is not workout and just sit at home. I went to physical therapy and the more you train your core muscles the less strain your back will take from lifting.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
Since we're on the topic of discs, my buddy has a bulging or deteriorated disc in his back I think it's called L5. He's seen a few doctors some say fuse it some say replace it. Any advice on which is better or which is recommended? Thanks

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 08:04:32 AM »
Since we're on the topic of discs, my buddy has a bulging or deteriorated disc in his back I think it's called L5. He's seen a few doctors some say fuse it some say replace it. Any advice on which is better or which is recommended? Thanks

don't replace it! a herniated disc is not the end of the world. Now if you have degnerative disc disease like I do that is more serious the L5 tends to herniate easily, you can wor through a herniated L5. be careful with back surgeries. I would tell him to strengthen bis core muscle and lift light weights for awhile maybe take a yoga class or just find some good stretching exercises.