Author Topic: Call of Duty, Black Ops II - XBOX 360  (Read 7151 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Call of Duty, Black Ops II - XBOX 360
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
Greetings fellas.  I just picked up the game and am about to pop in my 360.  Did anyone else pick it up or plan to?  I just read an IGN review giving it a 9.3/10 calling it one of the best first person shooters of the decade.  Halo 4 received a 9.8/10 but I'm not a Halo guy.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
Re: Call of Duty, Black Ops II - XBOX 360
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:34:43 AM »
Greetings fellas.  I just picked up the game and am about to pop in my 360.  Did anyone else pick it up or plan to?  I just read an IGN review giving it a 9.3/10 calling it one of the best first person shooters of the decade.  Halo 4 received a 9.8/10 but I'm not a Halo guy.
Debating on it...$65 is a lot to waste on something I can play for only 25mins at a time.

I get motion sickness like a mother fucker. >:(

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:26 AM »
Debating on it...$65 is a lot to waste on something I can play for only 25mins at a time.

I get motion sickness like a mother fucker. >:(

I haven't been a big gamer for about 10 years but I wanted to get this game for sometime just on storyline alone.  This is the first game I've bought this year and the last one will be Walking Dead, December 4th. That sucks about motion sickness.  Mt best friend gets the same way sometime but he's really good at first person shooters.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:40:04 AM »
No danger of you earning enough to pay taxes with that in your house lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »
No danger of you earning enough to pay taxes with that in your house lol

Wiggs is doing fine living the dream.  He may go on a sabbatical.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:54:53 AM »
Will be picking it up in a little on my way to work (for Xbox as well) and counting the hours until I can come back home and unleash hell!

And btw, I got Halo 4 as well, its pretty fucking good!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:17 AM »
Will see if I can find any torrents of it. Not holding out much hope though anyway - couldn't play the last Black Ops as it ran too slow on my PC.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
CoD storylines/campaigns are usually lacking - it's all about the multiplayer.   Sucks that CoD and Halo4 got released so close to each other.  Just finished Halo4 and really wanted a break from CoD MP, but it looks like my friends are skipping Halo MP altogether.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »
CoD storylines/campaigns are usually lacking - it's all about the multiplayer.   Sucks that CoD and Halo4 got released so close to each other.  Just finished Halo4 and really wanted a break from CoD MP, but it looks like my friends are skipping Halo MP altogether.

See I feel opposite to you.. I play COD for the campaign, and Halo for multiplayer more

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 06:47:47 AM »
Waste of money.
Pay your taxes you germanic version of Uncle Scrooge.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:14 AM »
Waste of money.
Pay your taxes you ape version of Uncle Scrooge.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11:52 AM »
See I feel opposite to you.. I play COD for the campaign, and Halo for multiplayer more

To each his own, my man, but the CoD campaigns are very short.  The popularity is mostly around the MP.

But, we're kind of on the same page with Halo.  I exclusively played MP on Halo2/3 but my friends gravitated to CoD, so I followed.  I loved Halo MP, and was hoping to make the return.   I played about  10 games of slayer last night, but it's not as fun by yourself.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 07:17:03 AM »
So I did like blackops, but not MW3... What is so special about BO2?

I ask seriously, because the last MoH got raped on reviews about it being a "generic" shooter... Well, when are shooters not just "shooters"?

I'm wondering why the big hub bub around Black Ops at all... Halo I would get I suppose, mostly because they don't come out every single year.

So what's so special about Black Ops 2 anyway?

I haven't picked it up yet... I'll probably grab a copy today.

The only reason I liked the OG Black Ops was the 4 way split screen player mode so we could play it on in our movie theater at the office.

Anyway... What's so awesome about it?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »
So I did like blackops, but not MW3... What is so special about BO2?

I ask seriously, because the last MoH got raped on reviews about it being a "generic" shooter... Well, when are shooters not just "shooters"?

I'm wondering why the big hub bub around Black Ops at all... Halo I would get I suppose, mostly because they don't come out every single year.

So what's so special about Black Ops 2 anyway?

I haven't picked it up yet... I'll probably grab a copy today.

The only reason I liked the OG Black Ops was the 4 way split screen player mode so we could play it on in our movie theater at the office.

Anyway... What's so awesome about it?
It's CoD man, CoD has been running on reputation for years. Last great one, IMHO, was MW1, downhill ever since. But, it's got the CoD title slapped on it, so its automatically a fucking 9.5/10.

Can't stand that shit. CoD 2/3/MW1 were outstanding. Now, just the same shit, different day. Thats the big reason I jumped ship to the MoH series in 2010.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »
It's CoD man, CoD has been running on reputation for years. Last great one, IMHO, was MW1, downhill ever since. But, it's got the CoD title slapped on it, so its automatically a fucking 9.5/10.

Can't stand that shit. CoD 2/3/MW1 were outstanding. Now, just the same shit, different day. Thats the big reason I jumped ship to the MoH series in 2010.

That's what I keep saying... Their reviews are ALWAYS up top and I just can't see WHY.

Then they rape other games... Not just MoH mind you... but pretty much ALL other shooters like that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 07:34:20 AM »
That's what I keep saying... Their reviews are ALWAYS up top and I just can't see WHY.

Then they rape other games... Not just MoH mind you... but pretty much ALL other shooters like that.

Hype and reputation. Plus I feel like they compare all other shooters to CoD.... if its not JUST like CoD, then it sucks. If its too much like CoD, then it sucks.

Warfighter... its not perfect by a long shot, but its really enjoyable. I play it on the Hardcore mode (or whatever its called), and it doesn't feel like any of the other shooters at all. It has its own identity and IMHO stands against the MP of ANY of the other games. But yet it got fucking torn apart. The last MW was horrible, and yet it got heaped praise. I just don't understand.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 08:22:23 AM »
Hype and reputation. Plus I feel like they compare all other shooters to CoD.... if its not JUST like CoD, then it sucks. If its too much like CoD, then it sucks.

Warfighter... its not perfect by a long shot, but its really enjoyable. I play it on the Hardcore mode (or whatever its called), and it doesn't feel like any of the other shooters at all. It has its own identity and IMHO stands against the MP of ANY of the other games. But yet it got fucking torn apart. The last MW was horrible, and yet it got heaped praise. I just don't understand.

There is just no accounting... It's insane.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »

All Call of Duty games play very similarly but just in a different settings.... its a pretty generic formula that just works!  Personally I love the COD games, my fave so far being Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops...  (I enjoyed the previous ones as well though)...

Now whats special about Black Ops 2 (Aside from it being the first futuristic Call of Duty) is that according to the reviews, your actions have consequences and can trigger different results and a different endings depending on how you approached certain situations - this is a first in a Call of Duty game!

I will let you know when I play it tonight!

I picked it up a little bit ago (waited in line like a 30 year old loser surrounded by a bunch of middle school and high school kids lol!)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »
i dont play any video games, but a lot of people i know were at walmart at midnight to get it.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

you seem to know your stuff in most things you talk about
MW1 WAS THE BEST ONE.....
MW2 WAS HORRIBLE
MW3 dog shit
choice is an illusion

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »
Just spent an hour on Big Team Battle with a friend for Halo 4.    So much fun.   Fighting vehicles is something I missed in CoD, and it's a new element of combat when it's not just who shoots first who wins a battle.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Just spent an hour on Big Team Battle with a friend for Halo 4.    So much fun.   Fighting vehicles is something I missed in CoD, and it's a new element of combat when it's not just who shoots first who wins a battle.

You get to ride in the Mantis yet?  ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 09:49:54 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
You get to ride in the Mantis yet?  ;D

For about 20 seconds until I ate a laser.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
For about 20 seconds until I ate a laser.

You get to use it in the campaign - fun times!