Author Topic: The Barack Obama appreciation thread!  (Read 14102 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
The Barack Obama appreciation thread!
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
The Obama administration has vowed to end homelessness among military veterans by 2015 and while some advocates call that pledge unrealistic, there has been undeniable progress made over the last few years, the AP finds. Veterans Affairs officials estimate the number of homeless vets has dropped by 15,000 since 2009 to roughly 60,000. They credit the fall to an aggressive strategy to both get vets off the streets and prevent new ones from ending up homeless. The president reiterated his commitment to vets at Veterans Day events yesterday.

The effort has also been helped by some rare bipartisan cooperation, which made it possible to raise the VA budget for health care and other services to the homeless by more than $2 billion. "We can all agree that money spent in that effort has been money well spent," says GOP Rep. Jeff Miller, chairman of the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. But for the White House to get close to its 2015 goal, officials say it will cost billions more and require improvement to programs dealing with issues that lead to homelessness, including mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction, and poverty.

http://www.newser.com/story/157405/number-of-homeless-vets-down-sharply.html

G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: The Barack Obama appreciation thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »
FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »
it's going to be the clinton 90s now, for good, bad, and ugly.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:55 AM »
Military personell get more benefits and welfare and entitlements than anyone else in the country. And in a time when we are cutting back everywhere else, giving them billions more in handouts is just plain silly

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
Military personell get more benefits and welfare and entitlements than anyone else in the country. And in a time when we are cutting back everywhere else, giving them billions more in handouts is just plain silly

Silly as you may find that, ...can you think of a more deserving bunch?

The greatest gift we could give to vets besides living together respectfully and doing everything we can to STOP war is to honour the Veterans agreement and provide for ALL their and their family's needs.
w

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »

Wow, when I think you can't be a bigger douche you go and say this, bravo oh large headed one. Let's criticize the guys with PTSD or missing a limb for getting a handout. If their is one person on this board who needs to go in the service and have his brain reset it's you oh Magnus of cranium.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:29 PM »
Obbummer is just antoher kenya born communist. Choomin' it up will Amerika dies.

#truth.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »

The greatest gift we could give to vets besides living together respectfully and doing everything we can to STOP war is to honour the Veterans agreement and provide for ALL their and their family's needs.

well, if there was some kind of contractual agreement in which the veterans were promised something, then by all means we need to honor that agreement.

Wow, when I think you can't be a bigger douche you go and say this, bravo oh large headed one. Let's criticize the guys with PTSD or missing a limb for getting a handout. If their is one person on this board who needs to go in the service and have his brain reset it's you oh Magnus of cranium.
I can understand your sentiment. The guys deserve what they were promised - good healthcare, help paying for college, low interest rate home loans, etc. If you think that I was in some way arguing that injured veterans dont deserve to be taken care of, then you misunderstood me. Maybe I should have been more clear - making sure military personell get a decent paycheck and get all the healthcare services they need to repair any injury's they recieved during their service should be a top priority for the government. Afterall, national defense is the most basic function of the government, and that defense rests on the backs of the soldiers who are willing to go fight when war is necessary to preserve freedom. All that being said,  when we are running a yearly trillion dollar deficit and having to cut back on police, fire, teachers, and other vital personell, adding on additional benefits for veterans is not only fiscally unwise but just plain unnecessary.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »
well, if there was some kind of contractual agreement in which the veterans were promised something, then by all means we need to honor that agreement.
I can understand your sentiment. The guys deserve what they were promised - good healthcare, help paying for college, low interest rate home loans, etc. If you think that I was in some way arguing that injured veterans dont deserve to be taken care of, then you misunderstood me. Maybe I should have been more clear - making sure military personell get a decent paycheck and get all the healthcare services they need to repair any injury's they recieved during their service should be a top priority for the government. Afterall, national defense is the most basic function of the government, and that defense rests on the backs of the soldiers who are willing to go fight when war is necessary to preserve freedom. All that being said,  when we are running a yearly trillion dollar deficit and having to cut back on police, fire, teachers, and other vital personell, adding on additional benefits for veterans is not only fiscally unwise but just plain unnecessary.

So are aggressive elective & illegal wars to satisfy regime change in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya & Syria, etc.
w

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
If we weren't brainwashed into believing we pay high taxes in this country when the reality is that we are presently being taxed as a collective body at historically low rates than perhaps we would have a progressive tax code and all the services we enjoy would be plentiful and not in doubt.  For example, Teachers, Firemen, Police and Military.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »
Iraq was a mistake. Agghanistan wasn't but our handling of it has been. Libya was good intentioned and had the entire world behind us but did turn out to be a mistake in the end. Syria. What about Syria. We haven't gotten involved in Syria.  As for illegal. None of thowe were illegal pretty sure congress approved agghanistand and Iraq and the president has authority to command brief military operations without approval from congress (libya)

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 02:50:51 AM »
You must be on welfare.

Obama is worst president of all time.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:14 AM »

Hey flaming fagot we got rocketed for an hour and ahalf today and I spent 2 in bunker with 10 other dudes...when was the last time you did that. You fucking libs and your bullshit...4 full deployments...plus 3 trips in and out of Iraq...one 10 month trip to Bosnia.....I must have missed you there. Handouts my ass.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:17 AM »
Hey flaming fagot we got rocketed for an hour and ahalf today and I spent 2 in bunker with 10 other dudes...when was the last time you did that. You fucking libs and your bullshit...4 full deployments...plus 3 trips in and out of Iraq...one 10 month trip to Bosnia.....I must have missed you there. Handouts my ass.

It's the life you chose.  You assumed the risk when you took the job. Nobody is to blame for you being in your situation but you. You're in the army, it shouldn't surprise you that you might have to do some actual fighting. After all, its what you were trained to do.  I say this as an Army vet.

A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 03:54:08 AM »

Why do you vote repub if this is what you feel?
(I fully agree with your post i just find it weird considering your previous posting history)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 04:20:37 AM »
Why do you vote repub if this is what you feel?
(I fully agree with your post i just find it weird considering your previous posting history)

Because he's in the military, ...and has temporarily lost the ability to think for himself.
Republicans have a history of increasing military spending, and starting wars. All he knows is under Republicans his field has full employment, and they get lots of shiny new toys.
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:44:31 AM »
Because he's in the military, ...and has temporarily lost the ability to think for himself.
Republicans have a history of increasing military spending, and starting wars. All he knows is under Republicans his field has full employment, and they get lots of shiny new toys.

That's probably one of the dumbest things I've heard on here.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
It's the life you chose.  You assumed the risk when you took the job. Nobody is to blame for you being in your situation but you. You're in the army, it shouldn't surprise you that you might have to do some actual fighting. After all, its what you were trained to do.  I say this as an Army vet.

Look dude...no shit but if you look at what that retard posted, that we're a social welfare expeiment and we get free shit....gimme a break. I have been in uniform of one sort or another since I was 17. I have earned every dollar I've ever gotten. I didn't get any free schooling and am paying or have paid for all of it. I don't live on Post and my medical is the same as anybody with good, not great medical insurance. The only thing we get thats alot better then most is the ability to retire at 20 and then find another job and retire from that. But alot of guys are shit after 20 years and don't live to a ripe old age.  I think you missed the point of his whole idiotic post.

Ok history expert:
Regardless of who started it:

WW1 - DEM
WW2 - DEM
KOREA - DEM
VIETNAM - DEM
PANAMA - REP  (lasted a few weeks....23 dead)
DESERT STORM - REP (combat ops 100 hrs ...deployment less then a year)
SOMALIA - REP/DEM - unraveled under Clinton
BOSNIA  - DEM (not a war and we're still friggen there) -
IRAQ/Afghan - REP

Not exactly overwhelmingly republican. Obama has fucked up the war here in Afghanistan..more guys are dying..Taliban are in full swing and if he thought he could heal the wounds of ol' GWB...drone strikes aren't exactly the answer.  Obama did not stop Iraq...the treaty was already in place. Libya is a mess.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:36 AM »
And how many of us were around for WWi, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam?

Most in this current generation, remember Panama, Dominican Republic, Reagan's bombing raids into LIbya etc., etc.,

RECENT history is all about Republican warmongering.
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 08:02:25 AM »
G

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »

I agree 100%, and they should get the same medical as congress for free. If they come back with any injury they should get to go to the best doctor to try to repair/replace the problem. I also think they should pay half the tax their tax bracket calls for if they spend 5 or more years in a war zone away from family.

A good movie that really shows how war changes the mind is "hurt locker" the scene where he's in the grocery store looking at all the boxes of cereal and having trouble processing it is one scene.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama is gangsta!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »

agreed

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »
If we weren't brainwashed into believing we pay high taxes in this country when the reality is that we are presently being taxed as a collective body at historically low rates than perhaps we would have a progressive tax code and all the services we enjoy would be plentiful and not in doubt.  For example, Teachers, Firemen, Police and Military.

agreed...we pay very low taxes and the problem is that we are not taxed enough...the rich has done a great job of brainwashing claiming that if they pay less they will be able to start more businesses and hire more people.....

the fact is they would do it anyway