Author Topic: Guy takes first date out - to a weight loss seminar ;D - Which getbigger is this  (Read 1162 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/136a97/dear_reddit_last_night_i_finally_went_on_a_date/

Story-time (warning: wall of text)

So I've known this guy for almost a year now, not really good friends or anything, more of casual acquaintances (we have a bunch of common friends and see each other from time to time, parties etc). A couple of months ago he started messaging me, first on Facebook, then by text (he got my number from a friend, he didn't ask me for it) and most of the time I responded just to be polite. He's nice enough, but not really my type.. so when he started dropping hints about 'meeting up', I just turned him down and said I'm busy, or we'd just catch up the next time there's a gathering with our friends, that sort of thing..

Fast-forward to last week and he asked me out again, which IIRC is the 6th time in the past 2 months. I finally decided to at least give him a chance, cos hey what could go wrong anyway, and who knows what I'm missing and all that jazz.. Worst-case scenario it would be awkward, but we've talked more than a few times so I was thinking it can't be that bad and we could actually have a pleasant time.

Date night comes and we meet up in the city after work. We have dinner; nice, cutesy Japanese place.. conversation was okay.. I was certain at this point that it's really not going to take off, he really isn't my type.. but I was having a pleasant enough time and he was a total gentleman and not bad to talk to.

The bill comes, and I was going to suggest a quick coffee before heading home. However, he said that there's something he'd made an appointment for us for and we need to rush off to make it in time. I was a bit intrigued and excited; was it a movie, or a show, a play (he knows I'm into theater)? So we hurry off and he took me to a high-end luxury mall with an attached wing for offices.. we went up.. wait, this is an office lobby.. what the..

It was a fucking weight-loss center.

So he explains that he's part of this company (he works for them on a part-time basis as a distributor) and he wanted to introduce me to their products which would 'revolutionize' my lifestyle and make the healthier I've ever been in my entire life. (FYI I'm 5'5" and 135lbs). I was totally stunned at this point so I was just nodding like an idiot the whole time we were walking inside. He then left me with his smarmy 'teammates', who proceeded to give me an orientation about their company and a run-through of their health supplements (when he got to the part where the weight-loss products are, the smarmiest one said, "Oooh now this is what you've been waiting for, I saved the best for last!")

I just sat through it because I knew that if I started to say something, I was definitely going to burst and make a spectacle of myself (there was a seminar ongoing and we were at a little table to the side). After I flat-out said that I'm not interested in any of the products and frankly don't believe that I need health supplements (I eat well and exercise regularly), they started on the 2nd phase: introducing me to the 'business' aspect of it. Basically, it was a networking model of business where you not only sell the products, you also recruit people to sell them and they would be under your 'team', and you get a commission for every sale they make. They rhapsodized about the wonders of the product, how easy it is to sell, and how much money I could be making because they could tell I have the right kind of 'personality' and 'network' for it. Registration was 'only' $1,000, and it was consumable in products.. which I could either use or sell to get my registration money back immediately.

I wish I could say I flipped the fucking table and screamed at them to fuck themselves with their health supplements and hope they overdose on their products, but no.. right after the 'talk' I just said I should head home since it was getting a bit late.

The guy actually messaged me to say that he had a good time and he hopes to see me again.. and that I would reconsider their products and the 'business opportunity'.

I called some friends up and went out for drinks because fuck your health supplements that's why

TL;DR Went on a date, guy brought me to weight-loss seminar, tried to sell me $1,000 worth of weight-loss products, and then tried to recruit me to join their networking business.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Awesome.   

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
im gonna go out on a limb here n say he doesnt get another date with her
R

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
5'5 135 in women's language is really 5'5 150.