Author Topic: Rich people that donate to charity with their wives  (Read 4366 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Rich people that donate to charity with their wives
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
It always makes me laugh at charities that list the husband and wife in the title.

Like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation or the Joan and Irwin Jacobs foundation.

Where the fuck did these women make these millions?  Their husbands made all the money and they throw their name in there like it is coming from them.  Beta males all the way

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Rich people that donate to charity with their wives
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
All though you are technically right, they did the physical and mental work making it their company. But while these kind gents we're off making their billions, guess who they went to when they had to get shit off their chest?  Their wife. Guess where they went when they wanted to feel loved and cherished and to start a family? Their wife.  Who is the person they more than like confide their deepest secrets?  Their wife.

So to say these women had nothing to do with making the money would be a misrepresentation.  While not directly, they did indirectly. Keeping the said gentlemen sharp of mind and taking care of things at home.  There is value on that or at least there used to be.

Any old school geezer would tell you while women had less rights back then.  Men respected women more then much more than they do now in America.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
Goddamn you're wordy today wigginstein >:(

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
All though you are technically right, they did the physical and mental work making it their company. But while these kind gents we're off making their billions, guess who they went to when they had to get shit off their chest?  Their wife. Guess where they went when they wanted to feel loved and cherished and to start a family? Their wife.  Who is the person they more than like confide their deepest secrets?  Their wife.
So to say these women had nothing to do with making the money would be a misrepresentation.  While not directly, they did indirectly. Keeping the said gentlemen sharp of mind and taking care of things at home.   There is value on that or at least there used to be.

Any old school geezer would tell you while women had less rights back then.  Men respected women more then much more than they do now in America.

wiggsican, did you and your wife have such a relationship? what happened?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

So to say these women had nothing to do with making the money would be a misrepresentation.  While not directly, they did indirectly. Keeping the said gentlemen sharp of mind and taking care of things at home.  There is value on that or at least there used to be.

So you're saying that when Bill Gates amassed his fortune in the 80s his wife didn't have rights?

???

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:22:05 PM »
It always makes me laugh at charities that list the husband and wife in the title.

Like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation or the Joan and Irwin Jacobs foundation.

Where the fuck did these women make these millions?  Their husbands made all the money and they throw their name in there like it is coming from them.  Beta males all the way

Do all women not work or something?  Did I miss something here?

And since you bring up Melinda Gates....  This is  woman who graduated from Duke with a degree in Computer Science and Economics, and then received an MBA from there.  Then she went and worked at Microsoft and was a manager there before she eventually fell in love and married the big boss!

Also, note - Melinda is the one who handles and organizes the bulk of the work at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, regardless if Bill is the one who brings in the paycheck.  So she is not some trophy wife.

Even if he does... this is a household income, regardless who brings it in, it goes in one pool, is managed, spent, and used by a family.  So she should have all right to put her name down.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:58 PM »
wiggsican, did you and your wife have such a relationship? what happened?

1. Age difference -she's 9 years older than me.  As we got older, we became different people with different wants and needs.
2. Sexual compatibility - Her sex drive was alot less than mine.  I'll leave it at that.
3. Philandering - She did it once, I did it more than once.
4. With no children, no real goals together.
5. Both too independent of each other.

It got to the point to where we were just roommates.  It sucked.  I should have  spoken up earlier and perhaps it could have been saved but I wanted to, "keep the peace." Worst mistake I made.

So there are always regrets, but would have, could have, should have right?  

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
So you're saying that when Bill Gates amassed his fortune in the 80s his wife didn't have rights?

???

Since when is Bill Gates an old geezer?  I'm taking people that were married in the 60s and earlier like Gates parents.
Each state is different but in most states the wife is only entitled to half of what was accumulated after the marriage.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »

There's an old saying...."Behind every great man is a good woman"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
Since when is Bill Gates an old geezer?  I'm taking people that were married in the 60s and earlier like Gates parents.
Each state is different but in most states the wife is only entitled to half of what was accumulated after the marriage.

Well, the OP mentioned Bill and Melinda Gates specifically... So I just stayed on that course of action.

Gates was a broke ass before he started Microsoft... His parents were not rich either.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
I don't have a problem with these types but how about the women socialites who are serial charity party organizers who make a living out of partying every weekend in the name of a a different charity.   What a fcking scam!

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
3. Philandering - She did it once, I did it more than once

Wiggs and his fancy words you would almost believe that  he went to school. ::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
3. Philandering - She did it once, I did it more than once

Wiggs and his fancy words you would almost believe that  he went to school. ::)

That's what it's called.  Do I need to dumb it down for you? 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »

Gates was a broke ass before he started Microsoft... His parents were not rich either.

check your facts, homes.  his parents were quite wealthy... his dad was a prominent seattle attorney.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »
check your facts, homes.  his parents were quite wealthy... his dad was a prominent seattle attorney.

No matter what they were... They don't have a hair of his net worth of 66 Billion.

NOT EVEN A PIECE...

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
No matter what they were... They don't have a hair of his net worth of 66 Billion.

NOT EVEN A PIECE...

so if you dont have a billion dollars, you are broke ?  ???

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »

>:(  What happened to you WIGGS ?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16:18 PM »

I like hearing you talk about things not pertaining to conspiracy theory, you are very well spoken brother.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
check your facts, homes.  his parents were quite wealthy... his dad was a prominent seattle attorney.

x2.  Why check facts when he'd rather look like an idiot?  Another internet expert who has no idea WTF he is talking about.  tu_holmes: extract foot from mouth. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  ::)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »

Naggash

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »

NOT EVEN A PIECE...

Stop Herp Derping and admit you were wrong fool

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
so if you dont have a billion dollars, you are broke ?  ???

Not saying that at all... I obviously was wrong about their wealth in general, but the original point is not changed.

x2.  Why check facts when he'd rather look like an idiot?  Another internet expert who has no idea WTF he is talking about.  tu_holmes: extract foot from mouth. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  ::)

Please Bay... get the fuck out of here with that shit.

You're still pissed about the fact that you've said some dumb ass shit that I've called you out on... such as internet based radios and that Netflix shit.

Please man... You just keep on following me around. Hoping I'll say one teeny little thing for you to jump on.

It's sad.

Stop Herp Derping and admit you were wrong fool

I just did... When I got back onto getbig to follow the posts, I am obviously admitting that I was wrong.

At the end of the day, Wiggs original post about Gates and the whole "Old people money" shit doesn't change even if Bill Gates' parents were not busted.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

NOT EVEN A PIECE...

not true, his mom was on the board of IBM and guided him on all his decisions, specifically putting a patent on Windows when Steve Jobs wouldn't

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
not true, his mom was on the board of IBM and guided him on all his decisions, specifically putting a patent on Windows when Steve Jobs wouldn't

When was this? I went and read she was on the board of United Way and some bank.

Oh... I see what you're saying.

No... She was on the United Way board and some other guy who was on the IBM board was on the United Way board as well...  And there are rumors that Open (From IBM) mentioned Microsoft to IBM persons... there is not documented proof of this.